Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport or Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM
2.5 pack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport or Aero Kit

Hi guys, I am new here and don't know too much about cars.

I am planning to buy a 2011 G37x within the next 2 weeks, but I cannot decide to get the Sport or the Aero Kit. I also want the rims with the 9 spoke which is about $1600 which I am not even sure is even worth it. I know that I am adding a lot of options but I still want to keep the price low.

I know that the Aero kit comes with a rear spoiler but that is not too important to me. What is the difference if you get just the sport, or just the Aero kit, or sport with the Aero kit?

Also the Sport comes with paddle shifters, aluminum pedals, and sport seat which are not too important to me. I would really only be interested in the side sills and the lights. But are the side sills and lights even that different than the non Sport?

Sorry for being such a newbie to this stuff.
Thank you for the help.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ Are those the Sport Edition 18s that look exactly the same as the coupe's 19s?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Morrissey

the sport seats have great lateral support. initially the seat bottom wasn't very comfy. either i'm now used to it, or it became more comfy. I love "sport seats".

i like the paddle shifters, for down shifting when the tcm doesn't read my mind well enough.

i very much prefer the sport bumper to the standard. and I love the aero look. very aggressive and it gives the car a unique look.

what color car are you looking at?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 PM
clutch5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still looking as well, but sport package is a must for me (and therefore the premium package too, since you have to get that with the sport package).

Most significant thing about the sport package (to me) is the improved brakes. I forget the test result numbers but these are pretty close: standard brakes, 60 to 0 in 128 feet. Sport package brakes 60-0 in 114 feet. That improved stopping distance could make the difference between a serious crash and a "wow, that was close."
But the other things in the sport package are nice too.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:32 AM
gee wiz

I especially like the tight steering and suspension on our sport. The brakes also give a sense of added safety. I agree with Morrissey, the sport seats seemed slightly uncomfortable at first, but are now breaking in nicely.

As for the aero package, I installed the front chin spoiler, splash guards and rear spoiler (all OEM) after the purchase of the car. The front chin spoiler just went on last weekend and really finishes off the aggressive look of the front end nicely (especially on a white car). The sport chin spoiler is designed to mesh well with the front end accents of the sport model.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 AM
4drScreamer

Go with sport for sure and add the aero package for styling. If you're hesitant about anything just be sure to get the sport. You won't be disappointed.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Morrissey

the xS doesn't get the brakes, suspension... anything else? steering?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM
dawkins20

Unfortunately, the xS sport package is very watered down compared to the RWD car package. No brake or suspension upgrades, Its basically the seats, paddle shifters and wheels, and the slightly different bumper. Im still trying to figure out myself if I want this or not.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would go with Sport w/Aero package. Packages are really a great way to go, then trying to add items after you have already purchased the car.

The Sport Package costs $1,150.00 and includes:

Awd split 18" 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels
P225/50R18 all-season tires
solid magnesium paddle shifters
front sport bucket seats w/manual thigh extension & driver seat pwr thigh & torso support
sport front fascia & side sills
unique sport headlights
aluminum pedals & footrest

The Aero Kit is $980 and includes both the Deck Spoiler and Front Lip

For a most aggressive appearance I would go with both packages. imo
Old 12-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Jayhawk815

Originally Posted by danno62
Yes, they are Sport Edition (SE-14), but only the 17", but they do come in 18" also. Closest thing I could fine to Coupe wheels for the price...$115.00 each. I had Tire Rack mount and balance...with taxes and all, about $550.00...beats Infiniti stock price and is close enough for me.
It may beat prices for the stock 9 spoke wheels, but you get what you pay for here. I guess I just don't understand why you would bother "upgrading" (calling it so is a stretch) to the same size of wheel, and a low quality, relatively heavy 17" wheel at that. If and when you go to sell your car, you won't get a dime in return for these wheels. The upgraded stockies, however, will add value to your car. In terms of resale, I hope you kept your original stock wheels.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

choose one
Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM
gee wiz

Originally Posted by dawkins20
Unfortunately, the xS sport package is very watered down compared to the RWD car package. No brake or suspension upgrades, Its basically the seats, paddle shifters and wheels, and the slightly different bumper. Im still trying to figure out myself if I want this or not.
Ah yes, I always forget that the X has a limited sport package. So to correctly reply to the poster's question: Look at the pics Da Mayor posted of the sport and non sport. The pic to the right is the sport with aero. The other pics are non aero and be aware that the front chin spoiler for the non sport is a different design verses the sport. If you are content with the non sport and lack of sport seats, that's the one for you (you can always add the paddles and aero kit). Personally, if I were in a region where I had to buy an X I would definitely go with the sport+aero, just for the front aero design alone.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 PM
2.5 pack

Thanks for the help guys. The info and pics are helping.

I just noticed that there is a 2011 Limited Edition. Does the limited edition have the Aero kit already or is it just the Sport? I know it comes with the 9 spoke rims that would cost an extra $1600 through the factory.

You think it's cheaper to get the g37x and add on the sport and aero kit or just get the limited edition that comes with everything I want already?

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by 2.5 pack; 12-13-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
ChrisBLKG

Limted edition has the aero kit already and midnight black grill.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Jayhawk815

Originally Posted by danno62
Just not as smart as you I guess. Or perhaps I do understand what I want...who knows. I don't think I said upgraded...didn't mean to. Just wanted a different look. And Gee, I know the wheels are gosh awful heavy, but I can still get down to the Kroger store in ample time and haven't noticed a change in the G's I'm pulling around any of the corners. If and when I go to sell the car, I guess I could put the stocks back on or just pitch them...it really isn't a priority for me. My priority was to have a different multi-spoke wheel for not a lot of money...I achieved that. Sorry it is not understandable to you. Now go pee on someone's parade who cares.
Sorry I came off as harsh as I did, been a little bit of a rough Monday morning. You are free to do as you wish to your car, and unless requested, my opinion probably isn't appreciated. That being said, you were giving advice to someone else and I thought I'd share my two cents about it. Have a good day!

Quick Reply: Sport or Aero Kit