Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

locked my keys in the trunk!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Warp37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anh3
that's the very first thing I do too! Is there a way to make this permanent, VDC as an option you engage rather than the opposite?
Not that I've been able to find. And it makes some sense. Imagine Nissan's defense lawyer:

"Your honor, we scanned the computer, and we know that Fred Phuggup (yes, your Honor, that same guy who couldn't stop his 120 mph Toyota Prius, eyeroll), actually turned OFF the VDC just before wrapping his G37 around the phone pole. Not our fault!"
Old 10-11-2010, 07:58 PM
NiTeHawKPwNeD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fml moment.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

same thing happened to me! FML but i was lucky, the car was in my own driveway. i just went and got the spare fob
Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Warp37
Not that I've been able to find. And it makes some sense. Imagine Nissan's defense lawyer:

"Your honor, we scanned the computer, and we know that Fred Phuggup (yes, your Honor, that same guy who couldn't stop his 120 mph Toyota Prius, eyeroll), actually turned OFF the VDC just before wrapping his G37 around the phone pole. Not our fault!"
I always drive with the VDC on, but a 10 second search of the forums will show how to do that.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

on the VDC topic:
is it really THAT HARD to just push the button? stop being lazy and just turn it off if you dont like it lol
Old 10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Judono

I threw my backpack with my fob inside and tried to close the trunk, but the car beeped at me and the trunk stayed open. Wonder why this did not happen to you.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
pro-gadgeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Judono
I threw my backpack with my fob inside and tried to close the trunk, but the car beeped at me and the trunk stayed open. Wonder why this did not happen to you.
I always throw my backpack in my trunk too after classes. and it never closes. Its just that this time it didn't work. oh well i was covered for it. My mom could have dropped off the spare key but i wanted to put that $8 a month i pay to work =)
Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by pro-gadgeter
was showing my friend how the trunk doesn't close when ur keys r in the trunk. put the keys in the trunk. closed it. waited 2 seconds and i was officially locked out. had to call roadside and they brought this small air jack with them and a rod thing to unlock the car from the inside.

WTF!
LMAO you know this trick only works 50% of the time right? I wouldn't dare to try it unless I have a spare fob somewhere close.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:44 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
LOL...that's not supposed to happen
Old 10-12-2010, 12:46 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
good thing you dont have to move to oregon.. you'd drive off a mountian. so lame here i miss L.A.
speaking of LA, how the heck do you stand all the brown? everything's dead and it takes an hour minimum between cities. wtf. lol.

just got back from a LONG vacation trip a few months back; i wanted to come home after a week -_- it was fun, but not enough green for my liking (northwestern).

okay, back on track!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:20 AM
xixonmn

Originally Posted by anh3
that's the very first thing I do too! Is there a way to make this permanent, VDC as an option you engage rather than the opposite?
Learn how relay works and then make yourself one. It's pretty simple & cheap.
.: Distribution Block / Powered Relay | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 PM
cvroom

Originally Posted by pro-gadgeter
btw guys, after school when i come to my car to go home, i usually put my book bag in the trunk and ALOT of time i forgot the keys r in my bag and the trunk NEVER locked. It just starts beeping and the trunk opens
yep same here. this happened to me multiple times now and the trunk wont shut and it beeps. something isnt right with his intelligent key or maybe he has a old model without it.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 AM
maxfinity

I have a 2010 g37 and my friend has a 2007 g35. We both put our keys in the trunk and closed them just to see if the trunk will close. Well lets just say luckily we rolled down the windows before we tried this or we would have been SOL. I dont know what the problem is but it didnt work on neither of our cars. My friend also has a 2007 maxima with the intelligent key anhe was also able to lock his key in the trunk as well, yet his car later started functioning properly.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM
carz

NEVER try this trick unless you take the mechanical key out of the fob, so that you can unlock the driver door in the event of a fail.

i noticed the trunk wont pop back open if the car doors are unlocked....weird.

lucky u had access to your drunk through the car, the coupes dont...the fold down switch is in the trunk lol
Old 10-15-2010, 02:41 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by maxfinity
I have a 2010 g37 and my friend has a 2007 g35. We both put our keys in the trunk and closed them just to see if the trunk will close. Well lets just say luckily we rolled down the windows before we tried this or we would have been SOL. I dont know what the problem is but it didnt work on neither of our cars. My friend also has a 2007 maxima with the intelligent key anhe was also able to lock his key in the trunk as well, yet his car later started functioning properly.
Update: Earlier today i was playing around with this feature to see if i could get it to work. I came back from the store, opened the trunk via key fob, put the key inside, closed it and the trunk locked. I did this repeatedly to see if it would work. I then locked the doors to see if that would make a difference. Still nothing. So i just gave up. Well on my way to work tonight i tried it one more time before i unlocked the car and the trunk popped back open and the car started to beep. So i opened the door, closed it and locked it, tried it again and it didnt work. I waited about a minute and tried it again and it started working properly. I guess the trunk lock out protection doesnt work immediately after you get out of the car. I noticed once the factory alarm armed completely it worked properly. Try it and see if this happens with your car or do I need to take mine in to get checked out. Check immediately after exiting your car but make sure you either roll down your windows or remove the key from the key fob before you do it.

Quick Reply: locked my keys in the trunk!