G37 Sedan

No Freakin' Way!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
gee wiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Freakin' Way!

It was just a few days ago here in this forum that I read of another G owner's misfortunes. Now after owning the car for only two weeks, we are the lucky owner of a wrecked G! Not terribly bad, but I just can't believe it! This was the third call from my wife in the last three years that started out with, "Someone just hit me!" Really thought she had to be kidding this time. Nope, some dip-weed fell asleep at the wheel and drifted into her on the Interstate today. His Tahoe smacked into her rear passenger rear quarter and shoved her to the left at 65 MPH, nearly causing her to loose control. I thankfully credit the G, especially with the Sport steering/suspension package, for possibly saving her life, especially after she described the ordeal!

We were fortunate enough that the other driver has insurance and admitted fault, which went in the CHP report. Now comes the fun part of having the car in the shop for who nows how freakin' long.

Other than being really shook up, my wife is OK and that's what's most important. I'm pissed that a brand new car will already see a body shop, but I love the car more now than I thought I ever would.

I was planning to post a pic of the car soon with a few minor mods, little did I know this would be my next pic to post:

Old 10-04-2010, 12:23 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Ugh... that really sucks! What's important is that your wife's ok!

On a side note... you lucked out by purchasing your car from Riverside. From what I understand, they are a great dealership...
Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
that's terrible. glad no one was hurt. keep us posted on how the repairs goes. i hear the moonlight white is pretty difficult to match.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 AM
gee wiz

Yeah, Riverside Infiniti is a stand-up dealership, unfortunately I don't think they have a body shop. Will have to call them for recommendations in my area (Redlands/San Bernardino).

Man, I didn't want to hear that about the moonlight white being tough to match...but I appreciate the heads up. I want the best shop in the area and lifetime warranty, at the least. We have Allstate insurance and they've been pretty good in the past with our claims and choice of body shops.

Not even 700 miles on the OD yet and I'm looking for a body shop! Unbelievable! But yeah, main thing is my wife is OK and she was in the best possible car to handle the situation. Even the CHP officer commended her for being able to keep the car under control.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:59 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is okay. I thought Allstate had some policies that replace the entire vehicle if the car was relatively new. I would ask your agent/adjuster.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:29 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is frightening glad your wife is alright and glad the accident was minimal. Hope for a speedy recovery of your vehicle.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Dang, sorry man. At least your wife is okay! That's the important thing. Damage doesn't look too bad. Assuming they can get parts quickly, they should be able to have your car done within a few days.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So excellent that your wife is OK and that she was able to handle the car after being clipped. Credit to your wife for her driving abilities. Take her to the track when you get it fixed up. She'd probably blow the field away!

Seriously, thank God your wife is unhurt. You'll have the car back in fine shape once Allstate takes care of it. I wish I had suggestions for shops out that way, but I'm sure someone here can give you some recommendations.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Although the damage is disheartening.....the outcome could have been so much worse. Metal can be repaired.... Looks like a prayer of thanks is in order.....
Old 10-04-2010, 09:20 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
Although the damage is disheartening.....the outcome could have been so much worse. Metal can be repaired.... Looks like a prayer of thanks is in order.....
Couldn't have said it any better, all things considered it looks like your wife (and car) were very fortunate. Good Luck on getting your G back on the road as soon as possible.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
carz

thats really scary, but glad she came out alright.

just FYI, it wasnt really the sport steering/suspension that saved her, it was more like the VDC kept the car from losing control and keeping the car from spinning
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
gee wiz

I'm pretty sure the Allstate new car replacement is for totaled vehicles within the first three years, but I'll double check, thanks.

Yes, I agree about the VDC. I feel there were several features combined that were advantageous in keeping the car under control. My wife said the car stayed pretty flat with limited body roll as she was correcting it from left to right and didn't have to rotate the steering wheel back and fourth as much as she would have thought. Probably a combination of the VDC and tight suspension. It's pretty clear that the guy's over-sized wide front tire initially slammed right into the rear wheel of the G. Due to the variances in the rotation speed of the two wheels at contact, I'm thinking the VLSD could have been a factor as well?

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I'll try to keep you all updated with the hopefully swift progress.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The most important thing is that nobody was hurt; take the car to the most reputable body shop in your area.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
G35Rhino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be glad she's ok. Had a buddy driving a 2 day old FX35 that some hillbillyplowed into on the interstate. Long story short....$23k in damage and the dudes insurance max'ed out at $25k so he didn't get squat for loss of value time it paid for repairs and first round of medical treatment. That sucks!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rhino
Be glad she's ok. Had a buddy driving a 2 day old FX35 that some hillbillyplowed into on the interstate. Long story short....$23k in damage and the dudes insurance max'ed out at $25k so he didn't get squat for loss of value time it paid for repairs and first round of medical treatment. That sucks!

There are Property Damage limits as well as Personal Injury limits but I'm sure the attorney looked into it. There may also be Under-Insured Motorists that can be added which I am sure the attorney also checked. In these times it good to buy additional under/uninsured motorists coverage.

Quick Reply: No Freakin' Way!