Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership ruined my car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:23 PM
axlewood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership ruined my G

I took my 1 month old 2010 G37 to the dealership for a minor touch up job (there was a small scratch on the chrome pillars upon delivery). When I come to pick up my car there are over 200 scratches all over the car. I would take pictures but I don't have my camera with me. They completely ruined by baby. And now they are saying that all the scratches were there from the beginning. Can someone please tell me what to do. Should I sue, can I buff it out, cause my car is completely ****ed cosmetically.

EDIT: Some of these scratches are deep..when i run my finger nails over it, I can feel the scratch.

Last edited by axlewood; 06-24-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont know about dealerships, but some companies respond well to BBB complaints, while other companies laugh at BBB complaints.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WTF???

Did you take any pictures before taking to the dealer?

What do you mean by "they are saying that all the scratches were there from the beginning"? Like before you brought it in? Or at the time you took delivery? I'd be so mad!

What dealer is it?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:59 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by axlewood
I took my 1 month old 2010 G37 to the dealership for a minor touch up job (there was a small scratch on the chrome pillars upon delivery). When I come to pick up my car there are over 200 scratches all over the car. I would take pictures but I don't have my camera with me. They completely ruined by baby. And now they are saying that all the scratches were there from the beginning. Can someone please tell me what to do. Should I sue, can I buff it out, cause my car is completely ****ed cosmetically.

EDIT: Some of these scratches are deep..when i run my finger nails over it, I can feel the scratch.
1. Where are you located (City/State)?

2. In that situation, I would take pictures first before picking up the car.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 PM
axlewood

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
WTF???

Did you take any pictures before taking to the dealer?

What do you mean by "they are saying that all the scratches were there from the beginning"? Like before you brought it in? Or at the time you took delivery? I'd be so mad!

What dealer is it?
I went ape **** when he said that.

This is a Canadian Dealership. Infiniti of Willowdale.

They are saying that the scratches were there before the car was taken. Then he tells me that someone keyed the car on the lot while they were fixing it. I rebutted them by telling them why were they fixing my car out in the parking lot and not in the garage. I made them take pictures of all the scratches..Nearing 200 (WTF???) and told them that I would be back tomorrow with my lawyer.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
These 200 scratches are they from the dealership washing your car? Also when you brought your car in did you and the service guy do the car walk around to mark up anything wrong with the car prior to you giving them the keys? If not you're SOL. Just get it waxed and detailed, most professional detail services can buff out the scratches left buy the idoits who washed your new car. The g's paint scratches easily.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
axlewood

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
1. Where are you located (City/State)?

2. In that situation, I would take pictures first before picking up the car.
1) Toronto, Canada
2)I did. I made them take pictures of it, and i took some with my phone.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:13 PM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Never mind if it was keyed. Yeah that sucks, definetly lawyer up. Brand new car, in thier possession and it was keyed this bad? New car or repaint plus money for depreiciated value.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:15 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1) Toronto, Canada
2)I did. I made them take pictures of it, and i took some with my phone.
If you are in New York City, and every attempt to a resolution has failed, you could bring up the case against them in small claims court up to $5000. If you win the case, they have to pay for the damage. Its all up to the small claim judge. You don't even need a lawyer in small claims court. And the court fee is less than $100. And if you have good documentation of the case supporting your side, your chance is much higher.

I don't know about the Toronto legal system. Sorry I couldn't help here. But whatever you do, make sure to document everything. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
OUCH!! 200 scratches by a dealership!!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Dude never ever take your car to this stealership, especially for paint work!!!

Can I ask why you took the car to them to have it fixed?

I just hope you didn't buy/lease your car from them.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
axlewood

Originally Posted by CarAddict
Dude never ever take your car to this stealership, especially for paint work!!!

Can I ask why you took the car to them to have it fixed?

I just hope you didn't buy/lease your car from them.
Upon delivery the chrome pillars around the door had some scarthes on them. They finally called and asked us to come in and get it fixed.

And yes we bought the car from them.

What bad experience did you have with them?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 PM
NonAme

i'd go key all them cars.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Upon delivery the chrome pillars around the door had some scarthes on them. They finally called and asked us to come in and get it fixed.

And yes we bought the car from them.

What bad experience did you have with them?
Congrats. for the new car axlewood! Based on personal experience I would totally avoid that place for both buying/leasing and servicing, even though it's pretty close to where I live.

If the car is 1 month old and there are scratches on it, regardless if they had anything to do with it, you should ask them to fix it. There is nothing to bargain about here!! You already paid a lot of money for the car and there are no excuses!!

I suggest you talk to the owner himself not anyone else. And if he refuses to get it done right away please call the corporate and file a complaint!

These type of dealerships should be closed for good! Seriously!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
NonAme

Since they got your signatures and money already, i think ur shiet out of luck if they refuse to repair it. It's frustrating i know but they're being azzholes like this because they know u got nothing over them for them to help you. Good luck man, hope ur lawyer get them.

Quick Reply: Dealership ruined my car.