Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium Maintenance Pkg and Nissan Esther Oil Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:24 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djsk
So I bought Infinit's premium maintenance package when i first bought my 09 G37. I just took my car in for a routine 9 month oil change and it was good until I got home and looked at my work order. I noticed that they put in regular 5w30 oil instead of the nissan esther oil they put the other two oil changes i've done.

So i called only to have them tell me that infiniti recently changed the premium maintenance package to not include nissan esther oil but just regular oil. They told me to contact infiniti consumer affairs if i wanted to solve the problem.

Now...i'm pretty pissed at how they handled this situation. Especially since i called two other infiniti dealerships in my area and they told me they still include nissan esther oil. It would of been polite of them to let me know before they changed my oil that it just includes regular oil and not the nissan esther. I would have taken the car somewhere else.

BTW, i got my oil changed at niello infiniti in CA and had good experiences with them before this. Pisses me off even more cause they kept bringing up Beshoff infiniti and that i should contact them since thats where i bought my car and the maintenance package. I wonder if i would of had this problem if i bought the car from niello.

Has anyone else who has the premium maintenance package experienced this? I am still waiting on infiniti to get back to me. I might not have bought the premium maintenance package to get the nissan esther oil, but if what niello is saying is true, then WTF infiniti! How can you sell a product and change it later on!!!
HA, bought mine at Beshoff as well, from Ben Ly. l'd love to have all my services done there but I'm just too far for it to make sense. Got a helluva deal from them though & they treated me very well through the purchase process....and are quick to answer any questions I have. Service where you bought the car most always exceeds going for services where you didn't. Note to self, tell Niello to pound sand and work through Beshoff.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Brian@Beshoff
Former Sponsor

Infiniti Prepaid Maintenance

Beshoff includes Nissan Ester oil on all VQ37 services regardless of whether it is Prepaid or not. Nissan Ester oil is factory recommended for this engine.

Last edited by Brian@Beshoff; 06-19-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:53 AM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian@Beshoff
Beshoff includes Nissan Ester oil on all VQ37 services regardless of whether it is Prepaid or not. Nissan Ester oil is factory recommended for this engine.
Nissan recommends its own $12/qt oil? No way.

Beshoff should investigate all the UOAs posted online for Nissan Ester oil in the VQ37. I think Beshoff will find that the oil is not at all suitable for cars on Schedule 2, and really disappointing for cars on Schedule 1.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM
MOB

I can tell you this....she purrs on the P.Platinum. ......and I changed from the ester that I used in oil change #1.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 PM
pkhoopes

[quote=CougarRed;2925849]Nissan recommends its own $12/qt oil? No way.

I have an '09 Journey, and on page 9-3, the very last sentence, it says 'Infiniti recommends Genuine Nissan Ester Engine Oil available at your Infiniti dealer.'
Old 06-20-2010, 02:15 PM
CougarRed

Originally Posted by pkhoopes

I have an '09 Journey, and on page 9-3, the very last sentence, it says 'Infiniti recommends Genuine Nissan Ester Engine Oil available at your Infiniti dealer.'
Yes I know. I was being snarky.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 AM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by pkhoopes
Originally Posted by CougarRed

whoosh!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:20 AM
kman008

I also just bought a G37 fully loaded from Beshoff this weekend and purchased the maintenance package for a pretty good price. I think it was well worth it for 20 oil changes and all the extra minor services. $12 per quart of the oil at 6 quarts is already 72.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 AM
sitandthink

If I lease the car, and do all of the maintained , would it be a hassle if I return the car? I would rather change the oil and other stuff myself than let the dealer rip me off with 49-59/oil change... Or can I do the maintained at Nissan dealer?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:59 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by sitandthink
If I lease the car, and do all of the maintained , would it be a hassle if I return the car? I would rather change the oil and other stuff myself than let the dealer rip me off with 49-59/oil change... Or can I do the maintained at Nissan dealer?
You can do the maintenance wherever you would like, be it in your own home, walmart, or at the dealership. Unless you have something specifically stated in your lease agreement saying otherwise. And the Infiniti dealer could rip you off with a $120 oil change if you use the recommended ester oil! (Slightly less if you go to Nissan)

I own my car, but I'm a fan of keeping the warranty intact (or at least avoiding unnecessary hassles about it) while performing my own maintenance, so here's what I do:

Keep all the receipts from when you buy oil & filters or do changes. Write mileage and dates on them. Or keep receipts from wherever you got the changes done if it wasn't the Infiniti dealership.

I also keep a spreadsheet on google docs logging all of the self-maintenance I perform. Just to make things easy to reference in case something ever comes up.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
sitandthink

I saw mobil1 has the 5w-30 oil which they said in their website is ester oil, does anyone try this oil yet? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 PM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw mobil1 has the 5w-30 oil which they said in their website is ester oil, does anyone try this oil yet? Thanks in advance.
I'm using it. Wally world is selling 5qt for $21.

Mobil 1 5W-30
Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 AM
SM_Shadowman

That's interesting. A google search on this turned up a FAQ on their site specifically about the G37, confirming that mobil 1 contains ester.
Is Mobil 1 an Ester Oil

Although the UOAs posted for mobil 1 on the VQ have been inconsistent. May not be the best oil for the G37 in particular, but likely it's just fine regardless.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:24 PM
imageplayer

I spent $55 with mobile 1 and change every 12k since I drive mostly highways -- 72miles/day and at 38k the car still runs like new...