G37 Sedan

Trunk won't shut.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:35 AM
PeterChau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sytrash
No it wsn't. I, at least temporary fixed it now. The hook was stuck, so I manually unstuck it. It seems to work now.

A question to u all. When I close my trunk, sometimes I have to do it twice. I always thought I just have to pull down harder. Now I am thinking maybe I just have a defective one. How are ur experiences?
Yeah my trunk is like that too sometimes if I don't slam it down hard enough
Old 06-03-2018, 09:14 AM
BTHURBER
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to adjust the catch on the bottom

I realize this is an ancient thread, but I too was having this problem and I think I found the cure. I was first concentrating on the lock mechanism in the lid but didn't get anywhere. It seems that for me anyway the solution was to work on moving the u-shape bar that is in the trunk itself up. Just need to pull the 4 plastic plugs out with a screwdriver, then pull straight up to remove the cover. Inside you will find two metric #10 bolts. Loosen then, pull the mechanism up and tighten again. I tightened them a bit harder than I would normally tighten something like this out of concern it would loosen up and slip down if I didn't. The trunk latch works extremely well now. I just let the trunk close by gravity alone and it works every time. What a difference!