G37 Sedan

G37X snow performance report

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GT-R

I hope this clears up any confusion, period.
Based on this seemingly definitive explanation, there is a simple rule that should be followed:

If it is snowing or even heavy rain, put on the snow mode. If not, leave it off.

It has been programmed in a very sophisticated manner to NOT cause problems leaving it on for extended periods of time (like the entire winter if you live in a heavy winter area).

One point that was NOT definitive or clear in GT-R's explanation/quote was whether the Snow Mode throttle reduced sensitivity remains on past 12 mph or if it turns off with the 50:50 F:R torque split?

I would suggest that if the roads are snow-covered or even very wet, the reduced sensitivity would be an advantage at higher speeds, so if it remains on, then my earlier suggestion of leaving Snow Mode on all the time there is a slippery surface stands.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 PM
YO-EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding is this..

Under "normal" conditions the G37X AWD will be in rear wheel drive mode until slippage is detected, then distributes torque to the front wheels as needed..

Using the "SNOW" mode, is like a manual AWD, where torque is equally distributed to all 4 wheels at the same time..

Thats why its recommended for use in parking or getting started in snowy/icy conditions & for stop/go traffic....
Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
britishmutt

Hey GT-R: can you tell me where you found this description of the snow mode? I've looked in a bunch of places but couldn't find anything this detailed nor concise. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 PM
G hits the spot

Originally Posted by shaidaddy007
Hello my fellow G37 owners. I have a 2009 G37xS sedan. I was wondering if you guys could give me some honest feedback on winter tires. I live in Ohio and we get a good amount of snow and ice. My size is 225/50/18. Blizzaks? Yokohama W Drives? Also, if you guys could suggest any good review sites for the winter tires would be great. Thanks....
I live in Canada (near Toronto) and purchased my G37xS in November 09. I purchased new rims and snows and defied old man winter to send his worst.
Well guess what,we have had the most mild winter in memory up here (maybe 4 inches of snow just once!)
Very disappointed I haven't been able to test out the 'x' on my new car,but happy I didn't have to shovel either.

By the way,I purchased the Dunlop snows 3D's.They are high performance for a snow (up to 130 mph)and handle great in the dry.(not squishy some some others ie Blizzaks)

Maybe I'll report back next winter,or sometimes we get blasted in early April?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:53 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi Alt G
Odd....Same exact words as in post #7.

p.s. You spelled "bankruptcy" wrong.
That's because it's a spammer. In another thread a new user copy/pasted my text from an earlier post verbatim and put a bankruptcy lawyer link at the bottom.

Probably would do well to click on the "report" button for those posts.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 AM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by britishmutt
Hey GT-R: can you tell me where you found this description of the snow mode? I've looked in a bunch of places but couldn't find anything this detailed nor concise. Thanks!
It is from a Nissan technical document, pretty much word for word.

I'll have to see if I can find it.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Gobbler Man

i was thinking of getting rwd, but this winter just happened to be a heavy hitter for our area. so the wife was set on the x. it was even more of an issue for her once the first snow hit this year. i was driving our ford explorer went to turn on 4wd auto mode. nothing. then high and low mode also did not work. the 4wd control module is out. lucky me. $500 repair bill coming up. at least i can put that off based on the x and the reports for it in snow.