G37 Sedan

New G37S Owner, Pics inside, opinions on mods welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the comments/welcome fellas.
On a side note, I just noticed this on the Stillen websight, has anybody installed one of these yet? I had a B&M shifter in my 240 before I went to the Z32 tranny, and it rocked!
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...odel=G37%204DR

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 05-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
Hmmm, interesting about the Stillen Exhaust. The main reason I was getting the Stillen is because it's the only exhaust I can find for the 09 Sedans! Are you sure FI makes one for the 09 G37 Sedan? And, are you sure it's quieter than the Stillen? That is what I'm looking for, Thanks!!

PS. Still waiting on that PM!
Sorry, I never got around to sending the PM.... In regards to the FI exhaust, I am pretty sure they have it out now. It is different than the 07-08 exhaust (2.25" vs. 2.5" piping), and it is not listed on their website. There is someone on here that already has it. You can call FI and they should be able to help you out. Everyone says it is quieter than the Stillen. I have not heard either in person, so it is difficult for me to confirm.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:00 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by jran76
Sorry, I never got around to sending the PM.... In regards to the FI exhaust, I am pretty sure they have it out now. It is different than the 07-08 exhaust (2.25" vs. 2.5" piping), and it is not listed on their website. There is someone on here that already has it. You can call FI and they should be able to help you out. Everyone says it is quieter than the Stillen. I have not heard either in person, so it is difficult for me to confirm.

No problem man. I actually installed my Stillen Exhaust yesterday. I absolutely LOVE It. Sounds incredible. The perfect db, nice and throaty but not too obtrusive. Fit was absolutely perfect as well. I heard of Stillen having fitment issues, so I was worried. Glad to say it fit like a glove. So, I'm very pleased with my Injen/Stillen combo!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
SaMaster14

Yo, I have literally the EXACT same car as you, except in black!!
For mods, first thing I would do is take the words off the back(infiniti and G37), maybe leave just the S.
Or, smoke the clear parts of the back lights.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
jran76

No problem man. I actually installed my Stillen Exhaust yesterday. I absolutely LOVE It. Sounds incredible. The perfect db, nice and throaty but not too obtrusive. Fit was absolutely perfect as well. I heard of Stillen having fitment issues, so I was worried. Glad to say it fit like a glove. So, I'm very pleased with my Injen/Stillen combo!
Cool, that's good to hear. I guess I need to catch up on the mods (or maybe I shouldn't have spent all my money on Volk's)....
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
stardust
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, interesting about the Stillen Exhaust. The main reason I was getting the Stillen is because it's the only exhaust I can find for the 09 Sedans! Are you sure FI makes one for the 09 G37 Sedan? And, are you sure it's quieter than the Stillen? That is what I'm looking for, Thanks!!
I know its too late but I've had the FI exhaust on my 37 since March and I love it. Zero fitment issues and the sound is awesome, its quiet and there is no drone whatsoever.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by stardust
I know its too late but I've had the FI exhaust on my 37 since March and I love it. Zero fitment issues and the sound is awesome, its quiet and there is no drone whatsoever.
Wow, I had no idea they made one for the 37 Sedan. Do you happen to have any sound clips? How much louder than stock would you say it is? Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
stardust
Premier Member

Wow, I had no idea they made one for the 37 Sedan. Do you happen to have any sound clips? How much louder than stock would you say it is? Thanks.
I will try to get some sound clips after work.
I would say it about as loud as the coupes exhaust under normal driving BUT when you want to have some fun you know its there
Old 05-14-2009, 04:17 PM
jran76

You were the person I was thinking of.... I just couldn't remember who it was, but I knew I saw someone.... I will probably be joining you soon.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
StopTheExcuses

I will try to get some sound clips after work.
I would say it about as loud as the coupes exhaust under normal driving BUT when you want to have some fun you know its there
That would be great if you could, thanks! I'm curious as to how it sounds compared to the Stillen, on a Sedan being it's two mufflers vs one for the coupe.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SaMaster14
Yo, I have literally the EXACT same car as you, except in black!!
For mods, first thing I would do is take the words off the back(infiniti and G37), maybe leave just the S.
Or, smoke the clear parts of the back lights.

Good Idea...Look like a Toyota Corolla "S"...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
SaMaster14

it doesn't look like a toyota corolla S at all..hahahaha
I'm taking the G37 and Infiniti parts off because the chrome in the back makes the car look too "busy" if you will. The S is red, so its find. and just leaving the Infiniti badge looks nice
Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha i was just kidding...I am a fan of removing "Infiniti" and leaving Mt Fuji and "G37S"...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
stardust
Premier Member

Sorry I didnt have time yesterday but if the rain stops at some point today I should be able to get some clips.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
StopTheExcuses

Sorry I didnt have time yesterday but if the rain stops at some point today I should be able to get some clips.
Cool man, that would be great, just keep me posted! I'm curious as to how it sounds on the sedan vs the Stillen, vs the coupe!

Quick Reply: New G37S Owner, Pics inside, opinions on mods welcome!!