G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New G37S Owner, Pics inside, opinions on mods welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats. Nice 240. Very clean.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g37mobbin
so you wanted to be different huh
Lol, nah. I just like the fact that you don't have to modify the chassis in anyway to install the intake. And *supposedly* the Injen MR technology keeps your AF ratio spot on. I will be getting the Stillen Exhaust tho. That's gonna be it as far as performance mods go. I want to keep this thing civil.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by myk1013
Congrats. Nice 240. Very clean.
Thanks man, I have TONS of man hours in that 240. Here is an engine bay picture after my AEM Install to get rid of my Mafs pipe.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
g37mobbin

Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
Lol, nah. I just like the fact that you don't have to modify the chassis in anyway to install the intake. And *supposedly* the Injen MR technology keeps your AF ratio spot on. I will be getting the Stillen Exhaust tho. That's gonna be it as far as performance mods go. I want to keep this thing civil.
nice if you ever any questions pm me here...or on g35driver/my350z all under the same name
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
Yes! You said it. The CAI does very well for my 6mt coupe. Why Stillen exhaust and not some of the others?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Yes! You said it. The CAI does very well for my 6mt coupe. Why Stillen exhaust and not some of the others?
How do you like your Injen CAI? Any tips on the install to save time, like keeping the front bumper on?? Lol.

I want to go with the Stillen because, well, hell, it's the only exhaust out for the sedan. Haha. But, really, because it seems to be just marginally lounder than stock. The G37S is a quasi luxury car so I don't want to turn it into an overbearing ordeal. Just a little more added sound would be nice, nothing major. Any suggestions?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
ucla bruin

Ahh, you're right. I forgot we're talking about a sedan. I'd look to see if nvidia makes it for the sedan.

I like my intake, it is there when you need it and not overbearing at all in terms of sound. Search for a review I did on those with pics and thoughts and let me know if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to help. There a lot of tech and design that go into the CAI than meets the eye

PS. I strongly recommend removing the bumper, it is not very hard and will make your life a lot easier. There's a DIY in the DIy section about removing headlights, it outlines how to remove the bumper. I can help if you need more clarification.

Last edited by ucla bruin; 04-28-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:14 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Ahh, you're right. I forgot we're talking about a sedan. I'd look to see if nvidia makes it for the sedan.

I like my intake, it is there when you need it and not overbearing at all in terms of sound. Search for a review I did on those with pics and thoughts and let me know if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to help. There a lot of tech and design that go into the CAI than meets the eye

PS. I strongly recommend removing the bumper, it is not very hard and will make your life a lot easier. There's a DIY in the DIy section about removing headlights, it outlines how to remove the bumper. I can help if you need more clarification.
Thanks man! I looked at that DIY Headlight removal and it does look pretty simple to remove the bumper. I just wonder if I can do it by myself, or if would need someone there with me so one side of the bumper does'nt hang/bend/crack while taking off the other side. I read you review of the Injen, very nice! Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 04-28-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM
ucla bruin

You can do everything yourself (remove bumper, install intake...etc). Let me know if you need a recommendation on where to get the intake. Good luck!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
StopTheExcuses

*Update*

Sooo, the Injen CAI I ordered arrived a day early so me and a buddy of mine installed it last night. Took us about 2 hours because we took our time and made sure not to scratch anything. The instructions INJEN gives are pretty weak, thanks to a DIY thread on removing headlights I was able to get the bumper off. Car seems to pull a lil harder but I think the ECU is still adjusting. Another odd thing was I had a CEL this morning, pulled it and it was code 21 PCM. Very odd. I reset it and so far nothing anybody else had this code after instlalling CAI? Here's a picture, enjoy!

PS. I have two K&N drop in filters used for 150 miles if anybody want's them, I'll take $80 plus shipping, I paid $120 shipped!

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 05-01-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
jran76

Have you thought about the Fast Intentions exhaust? It is quieter than the Stillen and it is a top notch product. It is priced about the same too. I had a Stillen on my G35 sedan and its fitment was not great, and it had some drone.

Nice car!!! It's always good to see another 6MT....

Oh, and I am sending you a PM about the K & N's.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:23 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by jran76
Have you thought about the Fast Intentions exhaust? It is quieter than the Stillen and it is a top notch product. It is priced about the same too. I had a Stillen on my G35 sedan and its fitment was not great, and it had some drone.

Nice car!!! It's always good to see another 6MT....

Oh, and I am sending you a PM about the K & N's.
Hmmm, interesting about the Stillen Exhaust. The main reason I was getting the Stillen is because it's the only exhaust I can find for the 09 Sedans! Are you sure FI makes one for the 09 G37 Sedan? And, are you sure it's quieter than the Stillen? That is what I'm looking for, Thanks!!

PS. Still waiting on that PM!

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 05-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 AM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new c-dan. nice 240 as well.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 AM
bunluvsvw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I am so jealous, Im trying to hunt a white or silver 6spd sedan in Philly and its seems impossible.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:26 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats & Welcome. Agree with xlack. Start with essentials, like Clearbra first.

Quick Reply: New G37S Owner, Pics inside, opinions on mods welcome!!