G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer trashed my 2 week old new car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
G37USR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow this sucks ***. Sounds like some cheap *** acura dealers. I thought infiniti, would be much better.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:24 PM
SilverTL05

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG... I’ve never been so pissed in my life!!!

Took my car back to the Anthony's Paint & Body Shop in Santa Monica (1546 14th St
Santa Monica, CA) since they worked on my G37, but the owner AL refused to work on my car and kicked me off his bodyshop.

After examining the vehicle, Al noticed the following problems:

•1. The Painter did not remove the Infiniti of Santa Monica license plate and sprayed the paint and the clear coat. This resulted large area without clear coat, and caused cracks on the bumpers since the coat wasn’t sealed completely.

•2. Front and the rear bumpers had additional clear coat/paint problems that wasn’t fixed before and required additional color sanding.

Detailers comment:

“It’s the painter’s fault for not removing the license plate and just painting over it.”

“This clear coat is not sealed and is going to peel off soon, and the color sanding won’t solve this problem.”

Instead of the owner being apologetic, he yelled at me in font of his workers saying that I took advantage of him for coming to his shop on the weekend, and taking up 3.5 hours to fix the problem when his busy with other cars. Then Al said, “I refused to work on your car any more. You are ruining my business.” And asked me to leave his shop.

WTF?????

Last edited by SilverTL05; 04-18-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Izabel

Anyone else have any bad experiences from infiniti dealers? I dropped my baby off for an oil change and found the right sidebody pannel popped out. They must've raised it on the lifts improperly. I was just able to pop the panel back in, and was pretty cool about the whole incident and demanded that they cover the 70 somewhat dollars in oil change. Thoughts? Am I being too nice?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
G Girl

I had a bad experience at Infiniti of Glencoe in Illinois. No collision damage, yours is definately worse than my experience but i bought the car and 2 weeks later had 2 paint chips on the door. Dealership said they would fix. They ended up getting overspray all over the car and they put swirls and scratches in the paint when I told them NOT to detail the vehicle. Plus they gave up on trying to repair the chips. They didn't sand the door down or anything. Just took paint and sprayed it on the top half of the door, then put a clearcoat on it. By the time i got it home the paint was already chipping. I have no faith in dealerships anymore!! They don't seem to care about your car after you buy it. So I ended up paying $450 to get the door PROFESSIONALLY repainted and another $450 for a professional detail because of the damage they did to the entire car. No new car should be treated like this!