Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Ballast question 2011 G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Ballast question 2011 G37

Hello all I recently bought Diode Dynamics 8k HID D2S bulbs and had them installed two weeks ago, I noticed that my passenger side wasn't turning on when flipping the lights so I had to flip the headlight switch two to three times and then it went on. So I looked into this since I Have a 2011 I thought I was not going to have any problems but I guess I Did. It was installed properly and I called Diode and they stated it might not be in the socket, I took it to a shop to have them switched since I'm not good at those things and they stated it was working fine obviously after being on but when I first start the car the passenger never on. I called infiniti trying to figure out if the 2011 ballast is the same as the 2012 and up since Diode Dynamics does state on their website 12 And up arena compatible due to ballast. So today I should be back at the shop have the switched and I'm already getting a replacement bulb on the way but worried it'll be the same problem. It's a huge headache because I like the lights and they stay on but it's making me mad that they don't come on without having to turn the switch several times and I'm surprised only one is having the issue. The oem worked perfectly fine so I'm sure the ballast is okay. Is anyone here have a 2011 and installed diode d2s bulbs and see how it works I have a feeling 2011 aren't compatible either. The infiniti dealer couldn't help me when I called and asked because they never heard of 12 and up having issues ballast related but obviously who knows about aftermarket. I hope everything works out with me if not it was a waste of time to get those bulbs in the first place and should of went with osram Cbi or the new moimoto xb35 witch I heard work with no problems but let's just wait to see if it's a compatibility issue or not I really love the quality on the diode bulbs but just sad that I'm having to back and forth with installations and labor isn't free.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
The 2011 is definitely compatible, since you didn't perform the installation yourself, it's difficult for us to determine if the installer seated them in the housing correctly.

Regardless, we are here to help, and can provide troubleshooting tips if you can't get it working: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Takran
Some Guy

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I recently had mine installed on my 2011 (original ballasts) and also have the issue of them not coming on immediately. The passenger side does seem to be more stubborn, but both sides sometimes will not come on without flicking them off/on a few times. They look great once they're on, just a minor annoyance having to coax them on.

On a brighter note, also installed the LED fogs at the same time, and they work and look great.