G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you hear the High-Pitch/Frequency Noise?
YES!
59.90%
NO!
40.10%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:54 AM
BBB 1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys... Here is the deal. Have them install the counter measure ecm and have them use Thinsulate. The ECM folks know about this. My ECM registered the same frequency as yours. They seem to be able to minize the problem but it will have to be insulated too.

Though mine is fixed I can open up he glove comparment but my I phone in with spectrum view see the signal at a much lower volume. But in the passenger seat I can not hear it at all. Thats all they have to fix it. Good luck!

So have them insulate it with Thinsulate. Otherwised there is no know fix.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
My car does this only on the freeway doing 80+ mph and gets louder the faster I go. Doesn't do it under 80...
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
rmjcvelez

This was such an annoying issue for me that I traded in my 2009 for a 2012. My dealership wasn't so helpful and made me feel as if I was the only one that heard the high pitched noise.

Now, I have new issues but no high pitched noise.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
SwissG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi BBB, do you have the part number they used on your FX? I picked up a brand new 2013 FX50S last week that has this problem. It's back at the dealers at the moment while they 'investigate'....

I find it completely incomprehensible that this issue still exists and Infiniti are still delivering cars that have it! Crazy...
Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
BBB 1970

They did not fix it just covered it up with stuff called thin sulate. I can still hear it but its much better though some times it seem worse than others. I am sure you wont like that fix. Please keep me posted on what you find out.

Last edited by BBB 1970; 04-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:05 PM
kimono

Ok guys i hv 09 g37s and i hv the same problem. Make long story short i went to dealer and the service manager rode in the car with me and he noticed the noise. He told me right away its really high pitch noise and caused by the ECM. He told that he can replace the ECM But he cant guarantee that the noise will disappear but if its changed it can make it worse and more noticeable than before. Does anyone know of this to be true ? What should i do ?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:21 PM
kimono

Also, it was not extremely noticeable to begin with.. seeing that i was the only one who could here it between me and my girlfriend.. and she is the one who spends more time in the car. The service manager said that mine was so high that you have to really be tuned in and know what you are listening for in order to hear it.. So i am stuck between taking the chance on changing it and possibly getting a louder one or keep the same one i have that only annoys me... any ideas because i am stuck in the middle of the iceberg (so to speak)...
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM
SilverTL05

Holly S! this post is still around? Oh God!

I gave up and got 2012 G37s. Problem solved!
The following users liked this post:
handleandrew (05-21-2014)
Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM
BBB 1970

Call me crazy.... but how about you try it and if it get worse they keep trying to fix it till goes away. Why is this on the customers worry list. We don't make the cars we just pay good money for them. I the car makes a tortures sound why wont they fix it. And better yet why did they not catch it start with. The more I read the more this the more its seem to be wrong on so many levels. By the way have fun selling it on the open market now that it has service record.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
SwissG

Infiniti Europe managed to resolve the high pitched noise on my FX. Didn't get to speak with the tech to find out exactly what they did, but the sales guy told me they'd replaced the ECU earthing cable with a larger one and insulated the ECU itself from the car body using some rubber mounts. They also said that they would be issuing a TSB for this based on what they did to my car. I'll speak to my new best friend in the Infiniti Quality Center to try and find out the TSB number and exactly what they did.

Bizarrely, it took a negative Facebook post on Infiniti Europe's page to get this sorted. My local dealer told me there was nothing they could do which prompted the post. One day later I was contacted by my very own customer satisfaction person who kept me informed about everything they were doing including phone calls and a letter until they fixed it! I was amazed to say the least! Maybe they are learning....
The following users liked this post:
BBB 1970 (06-05-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 PM
BBB 1970

Ok great... Good work Swiss FX. I was in the process of returning it on lemon law we have in the states. I have forwarded your comments to Field Svc tech. Do you have any contact in Europe to follow up with. I might need their help finding the solution. I have found Infiniti to be slow and unresponsive at best.

Thanks for staying on this and making feel vindicated on this issue.

Hope I get mine fixed soon.....
Old 02-25-2014, 09:36 AM
NickSeitzer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is what you are looking for - high pitched noise fix!

Ok --------HERE IS THE SOLUTION--------

I picked up a 2009 G37X from Lousville, KY about 3 months ago. I installed K&N air filters... my MAF sensor quickly went out. My car was going into "limp mode" repeatedly. One day, as I arrived at work, I heard the DREADED HIGH PITCHED NOISE! (*Evil laugh)
I noticed that every time I pushed the gas past 1500 RPM the noise would come on. The sound does not change... it's one solid high-pitched tone. I began asking people if they could hear it. Most said "No" and looked at me as if I was crazy. I found a hearing test online... and began checking everyone I could. Those that could hear the higher frequencies earned a free ride in my car to confirm the noise.
I called the dealer here in Cincinnati. Infiniti of Kings Auto Mall. They said they had never heard of it. I dropped the car off, they fixed the MAF sensors... I got the car back... the sound was still there. About a day later I received a survey. One of the questions was "Were all of your issues addressed?" It was a 0 to 10 scale; I answered "0".

I wrote Infiniti's Facebook page and was impressed to receive an almost immediate response. This was enventually a dead-end though. They asked me if I had a pre-owned approved purchase... I responded "No"... they quickly told me to figure it out myself...

This is when I began my mission. To stop the noise... no matter what it took. I called the dealer back. They said they had a kid there who could hear it, and they asked me to bring it back. I took it back and received a call from the dealer telling me that they had spoken with corporate and corporate said it's a "characteristic of the car"...
I immediately called corporate and asked them if they wanted to buy a nice infiniti... with a dog-whistle attached to the gas pedal... They listened but kept saying "it's a characteristic of the car". At one point the guy I was speaking with told me to hold on. He came back and said that he talked to a "top engineer" who told him he knew of the high pitched sound, but that "most people can't hear it".... I asked him "If I had poor vision does that mean you won't fix a large scratch on my hood?" Afterall... I can't see it.. right?!! I called the Infiniti dealer and he had some good news... he said that corporate called him... and confirmed it was

"A KNOWN ECU/ECM ISSUE" and that they had a "replacement countermeasure"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he told me it would be covered because my car didn't have 80k miles on it yet. I called corporate back to thank them and confirm. They told me I didn't have any coverage for it, there was "no such thing as coverage to 80k miles", and I'd have to pay for it. Long story short, they were wrong. I DID NOT have to pay for it. My ECM WAS COVERED until 80k miles (I had 79k :})

They put me in a brand new 2014 Infiniti Q50 for a few days. I got my car back, synical about whether or not they would have it fixed. I actually emailed the guys there "THIS FORUM"... and YES IT HELPED!

THEY FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS DEFINITELY THE ECM.

AGAIN, IT IS ABSOLUTELY, 100% THE ECM. There is a countermeasure available. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! Call corporate!!!! Make sure they use a "C" part number (it stands for countermeasure)

I sincerely hope this helps.
I want to thank the guys at INFINITI OF KINGS AUTO MALL, right outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. Particularly, TOM the Manager there. He is amazing! When I called to ask him about the noise being fixed his response was "Well... we can't hear it anymore... but we aren't satisfied until YOU confirm that the noise is gone"... I almost cried when I got back in my car and the noise was gone...!! To some people this may sound ridiculous, but I worked very hard to OWN my Infiniti... and this was ruining it! I am sooooooo glad to have this fixed.
The following 2 users liked this post by NickSeitzer:
maxtog (03-02-2017), Riley (06-14-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 10:52 PM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I check this thread occasionally to see if anybody has gotten it fixed and it seems as if my problem is unique. I have a high pitched ringing but it's is speed related and not RPM related. I can only hear it when I am moving between about 77 and 81 mph. I've tried to duplicate it when parked or in neutral but it's not there at any engine RPM. Yes, I now that is very specific and very odd, but that's the only time me or any of my passengers hear it. It's not there below that speed or above. Does anybody else have this exact issue?
yes, I do!!! I have been reading this 5 yr old thread with hope that there is a solution to my/our problem somewhere in it...
Old 05-21-2014, 11:34 PM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
I had an 08 S MT with bose, but without nav. it didn't have the noise. car got totaled. I bought an 08 S with bose and with nave. it has the noise but only between 77 and 82 mph as identified by Black Betty in his posts from 2009... the noise is driving me CRAZY!!

Black Betty, did you ever figure out a solution to your/my problem (noise at 77-82 mph)? I am not convinced it is a different problem than that with the ecu discussed above. I am going to try to go the "replace the ecu" route to see if I can get it fixed...
Old 05-23-2014, 11:46 PM
imotep

I just realized this today when I was driving on the highway. I have a 2011 G37x 30k miles on it. Have anyone found a way to fix this?

Quick Reply: High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.