G37 Sedan

Looking for a G37 S Sedan 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
ChrisSlicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a G37 S Sedan 6MT

Hi folks, new to this forum but I've been on other Infiniti forums in the past.

I'm a 05 G35 6MT Sedan owner currently and I'm trying to find a 09 G37S 6MT Sedan to replace it. Unfortunately all the sedans that I've found are either automatic (95%) or fully loaded. I've searched the inventory of just about every Infiniti dealer in the North-East but I can't find a G37 6MT Sedan that doesn't have rear wheel steering and Nav. Neither of these options are desirable to me as they are just added weight (I auto-cross on the weekends) and they are expensive!

Has anyone else been in the same situation? Have you had to custom order a car and wait 3 months for delivery? I would like to do the deed in the next 30-60 days so waiting isn't my first preference.

Let me know if you have any ideas or know of any dealer that might have inventory.

Thanks!
-Chris
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks

I'm a 05 G35 6MT Sedan owner currently and I'm trying to find a 09 G37S 6MT Sedan to replace it. Unfortunately all the sedans that I've found are either automatic (95%) or fully loaded. I've searched the inventory of just about every Infiniti dealer in the North-East but I can't find a G37 6MT Sedan that doesn't have rear wheel steering and Nav. Neither of these options are desirable to me as they are just added weight (I auto-cross on the weekends) and they are expensive!

Has anyone else been in the same situation? Have you had to custom order a car and wait 3 months for delivery? I would like to do the deed in the next 30-60 days so waiting isn't my first preference.

Let me know if you have any ideas or know of any dealer that might have inventory.

Thanks!
-Chris
I am in the same boat as you. I have been looking for the past couple of weeks. I had an 04 sedan (6MT), and really only want the same thing. No 4-WAS or Nav for me either. More weight, more problems, etc.

One of my local dealers had 4 6MT G37 sedans available (not in stock). 2 were loaded, 2 just had premium and a few other small options (trunk mat, splash guards, etc.). One was black and was sold by a dealer in Houston, and one was liquid platinum. I am in the process gettng the liquid platinum now. It should be on its way.

The moral of the story is, you are not going to find any on dealer lots. All 4 that they could get were still at the LA port. No other dealership in my area even wanted to mess with trying to get one. The key is to find a dealer that is serious about getting one because there are some out there. I talked to 3 dealers before the one that I bought my 04 from stepped up.

I did have my dealer look for all color combinations of 6MT's and premium package without Nav, Tech, or 4-WAS, and only the 2 mentioned above came up. Interestingly, both showed up in Sewell's inventory and I could not see them in any other dealer's inventory. So, maybe for some reason a lot of dealers do not have access to all of these?

FYI.... I am paying about $35,800 (MSRP is about $37,800 and invoice is about $34,800). This includes the $1000 marketing money since I am using my own financing.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Wongster
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks

Thanks!
-Chris
6MT sedans are rare as they make up only 5% of the G's sold here. A lot of dealers do not even carry them. Your best bet is to place a factory order. Sure, it wil take around 90 days (I've ordered 6MTs twice) but at least you'll get the exact car you want. One other thing to consider is the fact that they are idling production at the Tochigi factory where the G is built.