Sponsored By:

Nav Unit Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 09:25 AM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nav Unit Question

My 2012 G37 Coupe does not have the factory Nav unit, and when needed I'm currently using a Garmin unit that suction cups to the windshield which works well and I use same system on my other car and one of the bikes...but it is kind of a Micky Mouse set up. First I was wondering about getting a factory unit to install but I also found this unit and it can be combined with a dash cam which I don't think the factory units had.

https://unavi-usa.com/products/infiniti-g37-navigation

Was wondering if anyone has tried either of those options, or perhaps has another option. I'll have to have someone else install it, not going to try that myself.
Old 08-13-2023, 05:11 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
The factory nav is garbage. When I updated last in 2020 it was still showing Texaco and Chevron gas stations on the map even though they left Maryland in 2010. Metra makes a dash kit so you can install a aftermarket double din and there are Tesla style units for the G37 also.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Why not use Waze? Factory nav. isn't going to tell you where the potholes and speed traps are, let alone traffic.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:06 PM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Selym
Why not use Waze? Factory nav. isn't going to tell you where the potholes and speed traps are, let alone traffic.
I don't care much about that kind of info...just want to be able to find a street address or intersection.
Resturants, gas stations, speed traps and pot holes I'll worry about as needed
Old 08-16-2023, 08:29 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Even still it's kind of garbage. I have a GROM Vline2 in my car that does wireless AndroidAuto or CarPlay and makes the car feel much more modern. The one I linked is for non-nav cars. It can be installed without a bunch of aftermarket looking nonsense which is nice.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:38 PM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AdamBritt
Even still it's kind of garbage. I have a GROM Vline2 in my car that does wireless AndroidAuto or CarPlay and makes the car feel much more modern. The one I linked is for non-nav cars. It can be installed without a bunch of aftermarket looking nonsense which is nice.
That just plugs in and all other features on car still work? No cutting or rerouting wires, etc. If so it looks good and is cheaper than the one I was considering before.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:48 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by CorvetteMongo
My 2012 G37 Coupe does not have the factory Nav unit, and when needed I'm currently using a Garmin unit that suction cups to the windshield which works well and I use same system on my other car and one of the bikes...but it is kind of a Micky Mouse set up. First I was wondering about getting a factory unit to install but I also found this unit and it can be combined with a dash cam which I don't think the factory units had.

https://unavi-usa.com/products/infiniti-g37-navigation

Was wondering if anyone has tried either of those options, or perhaps has another option. I'll have to have someone else install it, not going to try that myself.
That Grom unit looks like a skank Russian knock off. Did you ever get the UNAVI unit installed?