Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 12:49 AM
Imtoosmooove
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hesitation when accelerating

2008 Infiniti G37 coupe base

Edit: gas mileage has suffered as well

short story: Went 125 MPH, some light smoke from around plenum area, car now hesistates and jerks when accelerating from a stop and hesitate and is sluggish accelerating anything under 60MPH. Scroll to red flag to see what I’ve done.

problem started after I went around 125 MPH, which I did on purpose to make anything that’s about to fault go ahead get it out the way (made sense in my head) I was doing this because vehicle was not taken care of by previous owner and for the price I got it for I had money set aside for repairs

anyways after going 125 I parked somewhere and I noticed a light smoke coming from the under the hood, it’s very hot and it had been raining on my way there so I ignore it

drove back home (hour and half drive) and saw some more light smoke coming from under the hood. Was told It was my “tires” because I hadn’t got lined up after putting coilovers on, which I didn’t belive but my hood is a process to get open due to previous owner doing a horrible aftermarket hood job. Since then, this was a week ago, whenever I accelerate from a stop or really any speed below 60 it is SLUGGISH and hesitates and jerks when acceleration, more so from a stop or low speeds but still

🚩ive changed spark plugs , cleaned throttle bodies, cleaned MAF sensors, checked fluids, got it scanned, can’t figure out what it is.

I do have my exhaust cut right about where the OEM Y pipe ends and I haven’t got a catback or ran a new pipe yet so it’s just cut right there, could that be the issue? Please help.

Last edited by Imtoosmooove; 08-16-2022 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:04 AM
Kpmikey808
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Did u do all 3 steps from the idle relearn
Old 08-16-2022, 10:29 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
If the relearn doesn't help, probably makes sense to have the car scoped to see what parameters/values the ecu is processing. Going triple digits on a 14 year old car is generally ill advised

Smoke suggests something might be leaking. Maybe a vacuum line or gasket gave?
The following users liked this post:
Absinthe (08-17-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 01:34 PM
Ry.V36
Registered Member

Try changing crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensors, i found that after changing that my car felt more responsive.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:23 PM
Imtoosmooove
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kpmikey808
Did u do all 3 steps from the idle relearn
I have not I’m hoping to try that today when I get off work
Old 08-16-2022, 02:25 PM
Imtoosmooove
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JSolo
If the relearn doesn't help, probably makes sense to have the car scoped to see what parameters/values the ecu is processing. Going triple digits on a 14 year old car is generally ill advised

Smoke suggests something might be leaking. Maybe a vacuum line or gasket gave?

I’d be surprised if a gasket gave, considering this wasn’t a quick pull and more of a gradual increase in speed, as far as a vacuum line I’d have to check
Old 08-16-2022, 11:00 PM
Imtoosmooove
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Imtoosmooove
2008 Infiniti G37 coupe base

Edit: gas mileage has suffered as well

short story: Went 125 MPH, some light smoke from around plenum area, car now hesistates and jerks when accelerating from a stop and hesitate and is sluggish accelerating anything under 60MPH. Scroll to red flag to see what I’ve done.

problem started after I went around 125 MPH, which I did on purpose to make anything that’s about to fault go ahead get it out the way (made sense in my head) I was doing this because vehicle was not taken care of by previous owner and for the price I got it for I had money set aside for repairs

anyways after going 125 I parked somewhere and I noticed a light smoke coming from the under the hood, it’s very hot and it had been raining on my way there so I ignore it

drove back home (hour and half drive) and saw some more light smoke coming from under the hood. Was told It was my “tires” because I hadn’t got lined up after putting coilovers on, which I didn’t belive but my hood is a process to get open due to previous owner doing a horrible aftermarket hood job. Since then, this was a week ago, whenever I accelerate from a stop or really any speed below 60 it is SLUGGISH and hesitates and jerks when acceleration, more so from a stop or low speeds but still

🚩ive changed spark plugs , cleaned throttle bodies, cleaned MAF sensors, checked fluids, got it scanned, can’t figure out what it is.

I do have my exhaust cut right about where the OEM Y pipe ends and I haven’t got a catback or ran a new pipe yet so it’s just cut right there, could that be the issue? Please help.

Update: Added oil and changed transmission fluid and car has seemed to return to normal 🤷🏾‍♂️