G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 coupe common problems

Old 06-01-2018, 04:49 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Had an 08 from '07 to '15... I drove it spiritedly often. No major issues aside from regular maintenance. Just minor stuff like rattles etc.

In 2015 I bought a CPO 2012. No issues at all yet.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:15 PM
rctstdroid1
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I post my list the problem for my G 08s
  1. radiator fan stop working
  2. starter.
  3. melted dashboard and steering wheel
  4. water leak into soon roof
  5. crack driver seat
  6. flex guibo shaft destroyed
  7. volumen button not work on steering wheel
  8. evaporator leak.
  9. wont start by imno security lock steering wheel " need knock under steering wheel for star car and disconnect"
  10. ETC
Old 12-22-2018, 04:37 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Old 12-22-2018, 09:54 PM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by rctstdroid1
I post my list the problem for my G 08s
  1. radiator fan stop working
  2. starter.
  3. melted dashboard and steering wheel
  4. water leak into soon roof
  5. crack driver seat
  6. flex guibo shaft destroyed
  7. volumen button not work on steering wheel
  8. evaporator leak.
  9. wont start by imno security lock steering wheel " need knock under steering wheel for star car and disconnect"
  10. ETC
How many previous owners? Mileage? Salvage title?

Most of your issues I have seen on every car, especially those that are old and poorly maintained. #3 is definitely an Infiniti problem. The rest seem to be an old, poorly maintained and/or high miles car.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:06 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

#4 is also common to all V-36 chassis.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:29 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
2008 S Coupe w/ 105,761 miles, and I only had to replace the radiator/condenser fan motors December 2017 at 103,247 miles. Aside from general maintenance items the car has been rock solid, no issues.

The dash issue, however, is a separate matter entirely.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:08 PM
rctstdroid1
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by takemorepills
How many previous owners? Mileage? Salvage title?

Most of your issues I have seen on every car, especially those that are old and poorly maintained. #3 is definitely an Infiniti problem. The rest seem to be an old, poorly maintained and/or high miles car.
sorry but my g have 34k. only is used in few weeking or ocasionaly in the night.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:15 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I owned both the 2006 G35 6mt and my current 2015 Q60. Both had the same issues with the Rear Subframe bushing leaking oil.

Not sure how no one here had that issue, unless they performed their own oil changes and NEVER checked the rear subframe bushing themselves. They go bad every 15k miles or every 3 years. Even if you don't drive it. My G35 was a garage queen. Sold it at 15k miles or so. Sat in the garage most of it's life and still had that rear subframe bushing go bad and leaked.

Luckily I had extended warranty.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:55 PM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Originally Posted by clutchfan
I owned both the 2006 G35 6mt and my current 2015 Q60. Both had the same issues with the Rear Subframe bushing leaking oil.

Not sure how no one here had that issue, unless they performed their own oil changes and NEVER checked the rear subframe bushing themselves. They go bad every 15k miles or every 3 years. Even if you don't drive it. My G35 was a garage queen. Sold it at 15k miles or so. Sat in the garage most of it's life and still had that rear subframe bushing go bad and leaked.

Luckily I had extended warranty.
Would that be covered by bumper-to-bumper, or does powertrain warranty cover it?
Old 12-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Jee37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got a 13 xS and the only issue I have had in the first 5k is the damn window seals. It rains a lot where I am from and the ph level in the rain just destroys the seals. Replaced one and no more leak on the passenger side by the tweeter. Two days later left one goes 🙄 but gonna try another solution.

Either way no problems except for the tweeter drip from old seals.

​​​​​​Car has 57K
Old 12-31-2018, 12:47 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Jee37
Just got a 13 xS and the only issue I have had in the first 5k is the damn window seals. It rains a lot where I am from and the ph level in the rain just destroys the seals. Replaced one and no more leak on the passenger side by the tweeter. Two days later left one goes �� but gonna try another solution.

Either way no problems except for the tweeter drip from old seals.

​​​​​​Car has 57K
The window seal on our cars are cheap. My brother's old Celica has the same frameless windows, the seals on the Toyotas are thicker and more durable.

Also washing the car, there is virtually no water in the door jams and trunk jam.

On my G and Q60, there's is enough water collected inside the jam to fill up my pool.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:13 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

There's too much that is cheap with our cars. Besides an unfortunate choice in dashboard material, the pleather folio holding my owner's manual has disintegrated; I just spotted a strip of foam rubber laying in one of the dash vents and discovered it was part of the vent seal at the top that completely blocks flow when you close the vertical vent slats (there's a matching strip of foam at the bottom); the transmission was designed for marketing purposes, not performance. And don't get me started on the sun roof drains. Not to mention the diff seal that was designed for factory installation, not dealer/owner replacement and that uses inferior rubber that can't take the pounding. The car is just too soft, especially if there's an S on the trunk lid.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:54 PM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
There's too much that is cheap with our cars. Besides an unfortunate choice in dashboard material, the pleather folio holding my owner's manual has disintegrated; I just spotted a strip of foam rubber laying in one of the dash vents and discovered it was part of the vent seal at the top that completely blocks flow when you close the vertical vent slats (there's a matching strip of foam at the bottom); the transmission was designed for marketing purposes, not performance. And don't get me started on the sun roof drains. Not to mention the diff seal that was designed for factory installation, not dealer/owner replacement and that uses inferior rubber that can't take the pounding. The car is just too soft, especially if there's an S on the trunk lid.
While I definitely won't argue with you about the points you brought, to keep it in perspective I was cross-shopping 2010+ LS460 before I bought my 2014 Q60.
Lexus ain't perfect either. I had this idea that the LS460 would be a paradigm of Japanese manufacturing, but I was disappointed in every LS460 I saw.
-Some had sticky dash AND door panels already.
-All of them at least had strange colorations within the dash/door panel vinyl grains, like a lighter, silvery color in the grooves of the grain, probably a sign of upcoming stickiness (like the Infiniti)
-Every single LS460 I looked at had destroyed B-pillar trim. I guess the front seats sit a bit behind the B-pillar making it likely you'll rub on the B-pillar. Shouldn't be a big deal, but every LS460 I saw looked like a beaver had been chewing on the driver's B-pillar trim like it was some kind of deciduous delicacy.
-There's 8 control arms in the front that are notorious for early failure, although the low mile cars I was shopping seemed OK.
-Most available in my price range had air-ride, and that's $1,000's to fix when they go, which is usually at 60K miles.
-Why the heck did half of them have fuzzy headliners? They fuzzed out near the visors and overhead controls.

My last car, a 2016 GTI, was impressively put together. But, the DSG failed at 20K miles. And everything was cheap, Mexican-made plastic on that car.

I do agree there are too many cheap parts on ALL CARS nowadays. I've owned my Titan for 10 years, best vehicle I have ever owned. The other day I went to work on it, and the plastic parts I had to remove crumbled. And this truck has spent it's entire life in cool weather WA State. I have no doubt my Q60 will have the same fate. I am already unhappy about the coupe door windows being finicky with their seals and adjustments.

Unfortunately, all cars are this way. Even Lexus cars.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:42 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Maybe so, but no one explained that to me seven years ago when I plunked down more than forty grand for my car. I expected better quality.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:35 PM
therealet23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 coupe shouldn't have any dashboard issues right? Even my steering wheel trim looks good for 63k miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G37 coupe common problems