G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Spoiler with cam? Please help!

Old 05-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Teddy Greyson
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow this is a great deal! About to pull the trigger for a '14 blue slate with navi, can anyone confirm K6030-JL31B is the correct part number? You know, just for peace of mind haha

EDIT: got antsy and ordered .. cross check via google was good enough for me haha

Last edited by Teddy Greyson; 05-08-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 AM
MistuuhJeff
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd
I just tried it again and it worked just fine. Are you at the https://parts.infinitiusa.com/ website? I noticed there were a few different ones like "infinitipartsonline.com" and "discountinfinitiparts.com". I didn't try those. Maybe give the https://parts.infinitiusa.com/ a shot and see what happens?
Yep tried that code on the exact site. Added to cart and tried with every retailer I could and still get the message.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Teddy Greyson
Registered Member

Got mine on last week and debadged her today, looking super clean!

Thanks for the discount code and OEM parts link Rollo!!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 AM
BlackGSedaN1027

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Teddy Greyson
Wow this is a great deal! About to pull the trigger for a '14 blue slate with navi, can anyone confirm K6030-JL31B is the correct part number? You know, just for peace of mind haha

EDIT: got antsy and ordered .. cross check via google was good enough for me haha
Out of curiosity, when did you order yours and from where? I ordered mine from the Kentucky Infiniti on 5 May and my order still states processing.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Teddy Greyson
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
Out of curiosity, when did you order yours and from where? I ordered mine from the Kentucky Infiniti on 5 May and my order still states processing.

Thanks!
I actually got really lucky! I ordered mine on 5/9/17, it arrived to the dealership 5/10. It was coming from Baltimore parts warehouse to West Chester PA and was sent with a shipment that someone had arranged days prior. My car was actually at the dealership already getting some bodywork done so they installed it right away and I was able to pick it up with all the work done on the 11th ... if yours is being delivered to your house rather than the dealership that's what is likely taking so long.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:55 PM
BlackGSedaN1027

Originally Posted by Teddy Greyson
I actually got really lucky! I ordered mine on 5/9/17, it arrived to the dealership 5/10. It was coming from Baltimore parts warehouse to West Chester PA and was sent with a shipment that someone had arranged days prior. My car was actually at the dealership already getting some bodywork done so they installed it right away and I was able to pick it up with all the work done on the 11th ... if yours is being delivered to your house rather than the dealership that's what is likely taking so long.
Thank you for the update. I actually received a message from the dealership that it was going out today. They also had to order it from some other location. Hopefully, I'll receive it later this week.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Rollo
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
I received mine almost 2 weeks ago and just got it installed today. I'll try to post pics later this week. I got a body shop to install it and it looks great.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:05 PM
BlackGSedaN1027

So I received mine last week but now am going to get a body shop to install it. Received some quotes and I should be taking it in this week or the next. I will post pictures as well.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 PM
BlackGSedaN1027

So I finally took a picture of the installed spoiler after having it installed about 2 weeks ago. It looks great. Thanks again for the link and discount code!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:04 PM
DreamQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How difficult is it to install the spoiler and how does the wiring work? When you brake, does the third brake light and spoiler light turn on at the same time? I am planning to order one and would like to know these information first. Thanks for any input.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:38 PM
square965

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamQ
How difficult is it to install the spoiler and how does the wiring work? When you brake, does the third brake light and spoiler light turn on at the same time? I am planning to order one and would like to know these information first. Thanks for any input.
The spoiler install I would rate a 4/10 in terms of difficulty. It wasn't technically difficult, but emotionally difficult, to drill huge holes into my trunk .

As far as the wiring, it was literally unplugging from one socket and into the new one for the brake light. I think the socket for the spoiler is even seperate from the third brake light inside the back windshield, so you could have them both light up if you want, but I intentionally unplugged the one inside the rear window so that I only have 3 lit up.

The instructions that come with the spoiler are overall very good, and thorough. A couple of spots left me a little confused, but nothing I couldn't reason out myself.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:04 AM
DreamQ

square965,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Your description matches up perfectly with the information I have gathered online so far. I went ahead and placed an order for the spoiler. Can't wait to have it installed on the '14 Q60!

What do you think? Wouldn't having 4 brake lights lit up at the same time be more visible and safe? But I agree that only 1 third brake light looks cleaner and better.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:18 AM
DreamQ

square965,

by the way, do you need to remove the chrome lip in order to install the actual spoiler? And thank you Rollo for the advice on getting a good deal on the spoiler. Lowest price at the local dealer here is $500. Labor at 190/hr and they will charge 2 hours.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:22 AM
square965

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
square965,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Your description matches up perfectly with the information I have gathered online so far. I went ahead and placed an order for the spoiler. Can't wait to have it installed on the '14 Q60!

What do you think? Wouldn't having 4 brake lights lit up at the same time be more visible and safe? But I agree that only 1 third brake light looks cleaner and better.
Arguably, it might be more visible and safe, but with one brake light being at the top of the raised spoiler, and the other at the bottom of the windshield, I think they would end up being almost in the same spot, visually, from the car behind you. If there was more separation, like if the windshield light was at the top, there would be more of a reason to keep it, IMO.

Additionally, I tinted my windows after installing my spoiler, and I got them to tint over the entire back glass, including over the brake light, so at least for me, even if it was lit up, it would be even harder to see.

square965,

by the way, do you need to remove the chrome lip in order to install the actual spoiler? And thank you Rollo for the advice on getting a good deal on the spoiler. Lowest price at the local dealer here is $500. Labor at 190/hr and they will charge 2 hours.
Yep. If I remember correctly, the chrome lip has 4 mounting holes total (not including wire passthroughs) You have to remove the chrome spoiler, then you drill 2 new holes where the chrome spoiler used to be, and then towards the outsides, two (huge) holes on the normal body of the car. Then the new spoiler uses those 6 holes (4 new, 2 old), so there's no way to keep the chrome lip on.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:17 PM
DreamQ

You have some good points there! I agree with you. I placed the order last night so hopefully it will get to me soon. I think the rear looks more complete with the spoiler and the LED brake light is "longer." Thanks for all your comments.

Search this Thread