G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Spoiler with cam? Please help!

Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 PM
square965

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamQ
You have some good points there! I agree with you. I placed the order last night so hopefully it will get to me soon. I think the rear looks more complete with the spoiler and the LED brake light is "longer." Thanks for all your comments.
Yeah, I don't so much mind the lack of spoiler as much as I detested the excess chrome of the built in lip, it's much better now. Good luck with your install!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:52 AM
BlackGSedaN1027

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How difficult is it to install the spoiler and how does the wiring work? When you brake, does the third brake light and spoiler light turn on at the same time? I am planning to order one and would like to know these information first. Thanks for any input.
I didn't install it. I had a body shop do it. My third brake light and the spoiler light both come on when I brake. I suppose you can tell whoever is installing it to disconnect your third brake light and only have the spoiler light come on. It shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:55 AM
BlackGSedaN1027

Originally Posted by square965
Arguably, it might be more visible and safe, but with one brake light being at the top of the raised spoiler, and the other at the bottom of the windshield, I think they would end up being almost in the same spot, visually, from the car behind you. If there was more separation, like if the windshield light was at the top, there would be more of a reason to keep it, IMO.

Additionally, I tinted my windows after installing my spoiler, and I got them to tint over the entire back glass, including over the brake light, so at least for me, even if it was lit up, it would be even harder to see.

Yep. If I remember correctly, the chrome lip has 4 mounting holes total (not including wire passthroughs) You have to remove the chrome spoiler, then you drill 2 new holes where the chrome spoiler used to be, and then towards the outsides, two (huge) holes on the normal body of the car. Then the new spoiler uses those 6 holes (4 new, 2 old), so there's no way to keep the chrome lip on.
I can confirm that you need to take the "chrome" spoiler off in order to install the "bigger" spoiler. The body shop that installed mine explained to me they had to do it. Additionally, the instructions that come with the spoiler indicate to remove it.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:40 AM
DreamQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. It must be the non-oem spoiler that attaches over the chrome lip.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Rollo
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
The instructions are fairly thorough but after having a look at them I elected to let a trusted body shop do the installation for $100. Screwing up the installation would be disastrous since you have to drill holes.

The new kit also comes with new trunk struts and plugs you use to plug the unused holes from the chrome spoiler. I keep intending to get pics but forget when my car is clean....

I should contact Louisville Infiniti and try to get a kick back for all of these spoilers they are selling. :-)
Old 06-21-2017, 11:28 AM
DreamQ

Rollo,

Thanks again for the discounted spoiler advice. For $100 to install, it is not too bad. Were the new struts put in to replace the existing ones? You should take a pic for us to see of the new look. Kickback? I thought you were already receiving it?!?!? J/k! I actually got mine from a different Infiniti dealer and still waiting for it to ship, I think. I only received confirmation of the order so far.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:11 AM
BlackGSedaN1027

Rollo,

Thanks again for the discounted spoiler advice. For $100 to install, it is not too bad. Were the new struts put in to replace the existing ones? You should take a pic for us to see of the new look. Kickback? I thought you were already receiving it?!?!? J/k! I actually got mine from a different Infiniti dealer and still waiting for it to ship, I think. I only received confirmation of the order so far.
The new struts shipped with the OEM spoiler replace the existing struts. By placing the spoiler onto the trunk lid it adds more weight; therefore, you need "stronger" struts. The original struts that came with the vehicle were meant to handle the trunk weight only.

Personally, I didn't remove the original trunk struts but kept the ones that came with the spoiler. If and when the originals fail, I'll just install the new struts.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:22 AM
DreamQ

Great advice! The added weight will eventually wear down the weaker struts. But I agree that they can be replaced when needed. My spoiler is being shipped and should arrive early next week. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:32 PM
NoPantsAllowed

Can anyone confirm that this model:
K6030-JL37B

Is the one we are all trying to get? It doesnt say anything about camera options, so im kinda weary.

I ordered it anyways with the code and including all fees/tax was only $380. Definitely clutch, thanks Rollo!
Old 06-29-2017, 02:08 PM
Rollo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NoPantsAllowed
Can anyone confirm that this model:
K6030-JL37B

Is the one we are all trying to get? It doesnt say anything about camera options, so im kinda weary.

I ordered it anyways with the code and including all fees/tax was only $380. Definitely clutch, thanks Rollo!

There doesn't seem to be a choice for the rear cam or not when you order. Maybe they all come with the rear cam.

I just checked the web site and noticed that the price has risen to 503.50 now at Louisville Infiniti. After searching I found a dealership called Flemington Infiniti that has it for 477 so people who order in the future should probably switch to them or try searching for another store with a good discount.
The following users liked this post:
NoPantsAllowed (06-29-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 07:08 AM
MistuuhJeff
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone help me on why I'm not able to use the discount code? I've tried a lot of dealerships and the code wouldn't work for me. Finding these spoilers are rare in the Junkyards and I'd rather pay for oem new than used.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Rollo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MistuuhJeff
Can anyone help me on why I'm not able to use the discount code? I've tried a lot of dealerships and the code wouldn't work for me. Finding these spoilers are rare in the Junkyards and I'd rather pay for oem new than used.

Still works for me...you have to type it exactly like this: ESTORE2017
Old 07-22-2017, 01:57 PM
FrenchFries

I'm having the hardest time trying to find this pre-painted in Ivory Pearl. Does anyone know the part number for a spoiler without the camera?

Search this Thread