Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sold my g37 & bought a 5.0!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:42 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Congrats. Seen these on the road and they look even better in person. Very aggressive look to them.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:33 AM
DRAZG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet car. Question. How much heavier does it actually feel compared to the G series?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:32 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I'm sure OP can answer this better than I can but compared to the '14 5.0 I drove the Mustangs are very "light" feeling. Steering was sharp and I was able to do U-turns without a problem and without fear of hitting the curb.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:52 AM
abharwani

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is the path I'm leaning towards for my next car purchase. Just holding off as long as I can before I pull the trigger. How's it compare to the G in terms of daily driving? Anything you miss or regret in the GT?

Congrats OP!
Old 02-04-2017, 02:45 PM
PearlPereZ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It doesn't feel that heavier than the g37, i think they're both around the same weight. The mustang is probably like 200 pounds more heavier but with that 5.0 it doesn't feel heavy lol. The gas millage isn't all that bad. Im getting around 16mpg in the city. I haven't tried the highway but i think its supposed to be 20-22mpg? i think, I'm not 100% sure.

Honestly, I don't miss anything or regret selling the G. The only thing that this car doesn't have is sunroof, but i can live with that. I never really used the sunroof in the G. Don't get me wrong, they're great cars, but i feel like if i upgraded. This mustang is the fully loaded model so you get leather seats, nav, back up cam back up sensors and a bunch of other cool features. If you decide to get one, its best to go for a fully loaded, because a base model is pretty bad from the inside lol.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:12 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I thought this was a car enthusiast forum? What's up with all the posers saying they'd never buy an American car/Mustang because they're used as rentals or because every other car on the road is a Mustang? That's just lame.

On top of being a good looking car (subjective), the Stang has better torque/power and a sweet sounding exhaust that the G37 will only dream of, slap a set of coils and decent brakes and the Stang becomes a hell of a ride.

@OP, congrats on your upgrade! Just promise us you'll stay away from crowds at car meets haha
Old 02-04-2017, 09:15 PM
HowCurious

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the new mustang. A very good website is www.americanmuscle.com I bought looks of stuff when I had my mustang. I had an 06 GT. They have come a long way in 10 years.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Juelz86g37s2012

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just try not eating crowds and medians. the pony would do just fine..
cant front when i lost my first g and was looking around the ford dealer wanted to sell me the gt 350 but i wasnt on it like that. I like the g coupe body and that front looks insane coming up behind someone in high speed. hope you enjoy but 4 me vq 4 life
Old 02-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
I thought this was a car enthusiast forum? What's up with all the posers saying they'd never buy an American car/Mustang because they're used as rentals or because every other car on the road is a Mustang? That's just lame.

On top of being a good looking car (subjective), the Stang has better torque/power and a sweet sounding exhaust that the G37 will only dream of, slap a set of coils and decent brakes and the Stang becomes a hell of a ride.

@OP, congrats on your upgrade! Just promise us you'll stay away from crowds at car meets haha
You of all posters should know, this is a public forum. Public for all opinions and compliments or negative remarks. Some people don't like Mustangs, some people don't like G's, doesn't mean their opinion is lame. But what do I know, I have a G.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:51 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
wat sweet sounding exhaust g37 can only dream of? u kidding me? all american muscle cars sound the same. u hear their exhaust u dont know if its a damn mustang, camaro, challenger, or charger. the vq actually has a unique great sound u can unmistakably identify as coming from a g or z only. but once u go aftermarket then u cant tell anymore lol
Old 02-10-2017, 02:16 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by saywat?
wat sweet sounding exhaust g37 can only dream of? u kidding me? all american muscle cars sound the same. u hear their exhaust u dont know if its a damn mustang, camaro, challenger, or charger. the vq actually has a unique great sound u can unmistakably identify as coming from a g or z only. but once u go aftermarket then u cant tell anymore lol
Uh, no. While I agree with most of your statement, Mustangs have quite a unique sound to them. I'd have to agree about Dodge and Chevy though; but the 5.0 in a pony sings a song that is very recognizable. That being said, I have to say the G doesn't exactly have the volume of a V8 but they are definitely a unique breed. Out of the various 6, and FI 4 cylinders, the VQ motor has the most unique sound I've heard from something that isn't propelled by 8 cylinders. The only comparable is the VW R32. They have a very unique tone as well.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
Agreed.

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Uh, no. While I agree with most of your statement, Mustangs have quite a unique sound to them. I'd have to agree about Dodge and Chevy though; but the 5.0 in a pony sings a song that is very recognizable. That being said, I have to say the G doesn't exactly have the volume of a V8 but they are definitely a unique breed. Out of the various 6, and FI 4 cylinders, the VQ motor has the most unique sound I've heard from something that isn't propelled by 8 cylinders. The only comparable is the VW R32. They have a very unique tone as well.
Somewhat agree. As we speak, its 72 degrees outside and I have my office window open. My office is directly off the road on the second floor and me being a gear head, I like to look over at cars that rumble by once and awhile. I hear V8's roll by all the time and its usually a Dodge RAM, Camaro, Mustang or some old ghetto Crown Vic without mufflers. To me, they all sound the same lol
Old 02-10-2017, 06:04 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Lol I can imagine. The only time I've heard a Dodge or Chevy sound unique is if it's cammed. Other than that I couldn't tell them apart. Mustangs just seem to have that different ring to them. That being said, all 5.0s sound the same but I can distinguish between them and the other "muscle" cars.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow how many IQ points did you lose when you started driving the "Stang"?

Did you have to move in to a trailer?

Hahahahaha.

Seriously it a nice car BUT it is domestic!!!

What's your gas mileage in that thing? 10 per tank???

FORD: found on road dead
FORD: Failed on race day
FORD: Fixed or repaired daily

Good luck with that!!!
Old 02-13-2017, 09:34 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
Wow how many IQ points did you lose when you started driving the "Stang"?

Did you have to move in to a trailer?

Hahahahaha.

Seriously it a nice car BUT it is domestic!!!

What's your gas mileage in that thing? 10 per tank???

FORD: found on road dead
FORD: Failed on race day
FORD: Fixed or repaired daily

Good luck with that!!!
And the Craftsman TOOL of the game goes to...could you have made more of a condescending remark?

Seriously? I lost IQ points reading that statement.

15/25 MPG from a simple Google search...So I guess your ignorant as well as dull?

NISSAN : Now In Some Sh*tty Automobile Nightmare
NISSAN: Needs Imminent Salvage So Abandon Now

INFINITI: It Never Found It’s Niche, It’s Truly Inconsequential.

See, we aren't immune to the acronym game either...

You know, while this community has a lot of positives and has been helpful in many ways, this thread is full of trolls. Maybe that's all it is and isn't a representation of the community as a whole, but I never remember seeing this on the MAZDA forums. There were disagreements, but when someone posted their newest vehicle I can't remember any bashing going on. The stuff here is on par with the Bimmer forums and I couldn't make it through one thread on there before muttering "tools" and closing the window. If you take the time to browse the forums, you're probably an enthusiast. Enthusiasts can appreciate any vehicle while having a dissenting opinion; but to be downright dis-respectful or making a snarky remark then claiming that's your opinion is garbage.

I'm not one of those "safe places" individuals and am considered "red" in a typically Democratic state but I can't stand disrespect or putting down something someone is proud of for no other reason than they don't agree with you.

Edit: Then again, posting with a username like "Randy Johnson" a "Make America Great Again" sig and a BMW pic should have signaled my troll radar. Didn't mean to feed the troll but if you're that hungry, may I suggest making some toast in the bathtub?

Last edited by RMB5190; 02-13-2017 at 09:46 AM.