Sponsored By:

2008 G37S 6MT rwd what 370Z 6MT will fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:35 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by James Duong
i what o know if my 04 mt tranny will bolt on to a 08 g37s motor. And if it bolts on what else do i need? And adjustment or parts i meed to get for it to work properly?
Your 04 would be a VQ35DEs.

And from what ttv36 has indicated that will not work by just bolting on.The JK40C, JK41A, JK41B, 1EA0A, 1EA0B etc are for HRs and VHRs.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Grash73
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any way I just pick up my G from the trans shop $535 with tax seemed to be the avg price around me he also was an old friend
I got the trans off of eBay LKQ was the seller $750.00
I went to Akron to get it and saved the $250 shipping. 2hr drive for me. It was out of 2012 Nismo the car vin #was on the tran and in the add from eBay matched. I was able to trac the vin number to New Mexico and also found the carfax for the car all ligit. My tran guy said he use LKQ all the time for remanufactured trans
he usually won't do manuals
I can tell the 5th and 6th gear sync are better than my ever were but I still can tell they don't flow as well as the other 4 gears somewhere I read they have some triple syncos or something in those 4 gears not sure
As far as matching before hand one of the code from the chat tread 1EAOA was on a tag on bell housing when I googled that it came up on all kinds of parts not just trans. the thing that I noticed that matched my tran was the black cover plate. I have seen other 370Z trans with different cover plate . I don't know the difference. I could not tell if the Nismo had rev match or not maybe there is a way to tell from the vin# . It didn't mater to me because I don't have that anyway
I don't know if that help you with your matching problem . I was waiting for the call it'd didn't fit all day it never came