Sponsored By:

Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:02 AM
mrittman
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Backup Camera

Has anyone installed an aftermarket backup camera? Backing up the G in a confined space without a camera is a PITA. Really worried I'm going to pull out and someone's going to slam into me. I have a 2008 non-nav, and I have seen cameras on Amazon, but they just seem like cheap quality to me :/
Old 06-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Abramite
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
You can buy an oem spoiler with a oem camera, make sure it has the wires... Run the video to the yellow Jack in the center console and tap the reverse light power/ground. Then when you reverse all you have to do is press the aux button.

If you search I believe someone has done it before.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 PM
mrittman
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice. I have done a search on eBay for an OEM spoiler for a coupe with camera, but they are very rare. I did however find another company that sells an OEM "style" spoiler with camera hole. I wonder how well these are made...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fits-OE-Factory-Style-Painted-Spoiler-Wing-Medium-Blue-Metallic-Clearcoat-B21-/191675935459?vxp=mtr&hash=item2ca0c6aae3
Old 06-16-2016, 05:24 AM
Johnnay

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Interested in doing this for mine too. I've seen some infiniti part outs with the parts but no idea how or who to go to, to wire it
Old 06-16-2016, 08:34 AM
Slowg37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Abramite
You can buy an oem spoiler with a oem camera, make sure it has the wires... Run the video to the yellow Jack in the center console and tap the reverse light power/ground. Then when you reverse all you have to do is press the aux button.

If you search I believe someone has done it before.
To do this you'll also need the video bypass kit for this option as well. I'd reccommend looking into a back up camera rear view mirror. The have the whole wireless kit plus the rear view mirror for $50-$60 on Amazon.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:42 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
I bought my spoiler on ebay, ended up coming with the factory back up camera. So I figured it out myself and wired the camera into the video harness that's under the arm rest. Works well just have to click aux on the screen every time I want to use it.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:55 PM
300ZXTT
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
To the OP, not trying to thread steal, but I figured I'd post in this thread since I was going to title mine the same way. Could someone please look at their existing back-up camera for me? I have a 2011 IPL(not sure if the year will matter). My back-up camera was replaced under warranty before I bought the car last year. As the camera sits within the spoiler, the top edge of the camera piece is flush with the spoiler, but the lower edge is recessed in by approx. an eighth of an inch. The piece with the camera is firm and not loose at all. I'm wondering if that is the way it's supposed to sit or the dealer, where the warranty work was done, mucked it up? I looked at a G37 Sedan a few days ago in a parking lot, and the camera was flush top and bottom. The other question would be, if it's sitting incorrectly, how difficult is it to fix? Thank you for any input...
Old 06-16-2016, 05:57 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by 300ZXTT
To the OP, not trying to thread steal, but I figured I'd post in this thread since I was going to title mine the same way. Could someone please look at their existing back-up camera for me? I have a 2011 IPL(not sure if the year will matter). My back-up camera was replaced under warranty before I bought the car last year. As the camera sits within the spoiler, the top edge of the camera piece is flush with the spoiler, but the lower edge is recessed in by approx. an eighth of an inch. The piece with the camera is firm and not loose at all. I'm wondering if that is the way it's supposed to sit or the dealer, where the warranty work was done, mucked it up? I looked at a G37 Sedan a few days ago in a parking lot, and the camera was flush top and bottom. The other question would be, if it's sitting incorrectly, how difficult is it to fix? Thank you for any input...
Yeah that is how it sits, facing down slightly. When I got mine I thought it was broken to but that is how it is. Orrrrrr both of our's are messed up.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:11 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
You all would do better getting the chrome lip spoiler with the camera since no one really wants those. LOL.

I have been shopping for an OEM spoiler for months, and have not been able to locate one. Sedans and convertables are readily available, go figure...