Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 G37 Sport Front Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 07:49 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
That would be great! The pic in the for sale add doesn't show enough. But what I see I like. I also don't see any metal hangers on there. Good luck. Looking forward to that thread. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:59 PM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
Have ppl found a better option for the 11+ sport bumper?
Some guy posted this in one of the FB groups but when ppl asked him about it he went silent. It's pretty much exactly what I want. Does anybody have the resource/contacts to make this happen.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:35 AM
G37xhibeet

...anyone?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:12 AM
Matty_baby

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Stillen splitter on the 2011

Old 10-10-2016, 10:51 PM
LeonD17
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marionan
I also was having trouble finding a splitter for the 2011+, and wasn't sure how it would look on the car. I ended up going with a polyurethane splitter off eBay ($35) and bought rods ($15) to prevent it from flying away. Overall looks pretty good, and could be a platform to upgrade to the OG IPL splitter in the future
Can you link the eBay splitter and rods please?
Old 10-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Ey3CoNz2
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G37xhibeet
Have ppl found a better option for the 11+ sport bumper?
Some guy posted this in one of the FB groups but when ppl asked him about it he went silent. It's pretty much exactly what I want. Does anybody have the resource/contacts to make this happen.

I thought it looked familiar. Here's where we can start, I think it looks sick. Wish I had a job so I can afford more mods.

Fit for 06 07 Subaru Impreza WRX STI CS2 Front Bumper Lip Splitter PP | eBay
Old 10-11-2016, 07:54 AM
G37xhibeet

Originally Posted by Ey3CoNz2
I thought it looked familiar. Here's where we can start, I think it looks sick. Wish I had a job so I can afford more mods.

Interesting. Btw I recently found out that R1 is trying to get something made for this bumper specifically
Old 10-11-2016, 02:31 PM
GariepyVQ
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Slightly off topic but I bought a carbon splitter from outcast garage a couple months ago along with a bumper, haven't had a chance to install either yet but was curious about the best way to mount the splitter. It's literally just a shaped sheet of carbon fiber, no holes, no clips, nothing. Should I drill into the splitter and custom fit it to the bumper with bolts? Should I rivet it on? Any advice is helpful.

AG
Old 07-24-2018, 09:46 AM
douby77

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xhibeet
Interesting. Btw I recently found out that R1 is trying to get something made for this bumper specifically
Hey guys sorry for bringing this back alive but I was wondering does this really fit because when I ask the sellers on ebay they reply with a no
Old 07-24-2018, 09:46 AM
douby77

Originally Posted by Ey3CoNz2

Hey did you ever find out if this really fit cause all the sellers on ebay says no
Old 07-25-2018, 07:14 AM
Ey3CoNz2
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Honestly, I haven’t had a chance to follow through with it. Wish I had measurements to have a better idea. The sellers will say no because they don’t know.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:03 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by barnes396
Hello,

I have a 2011 G37 Sport Coupe and I have been searching for a front splitter for my G and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations? I know Stillen makes one and have heard mixed reviews about it. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Where are you located?
There are usually aero shops all around that can custom make you one for a lot less than buying something like stillen. Its usually made from alumalite, which is crazy strong. For example, my friend runs an aero shop here in Toronto called Newtype Performance: https://www.instagram.com/newtype_performance/ All they do is splitters and custom aero.

Originally Posted by douby77
Hey did you ever find out if this really fit cause all the sellers on ebay says no
I played with it last year. You have to make a lot of cuts, and the way it sits after that is still not perfect. I decided to go the custom splitter route after failing with the subaru one.

This is what the subie one looks like on a sedan if you really do it right. Looking at it closely, its still not perfect, and the little winglets, since they have to be cut, flap around a bit due to the support being gone.

This is how much longer it is than the G bumper, so you have to make cuts:

This was me trying to make it work, after cutting off about 4 inches on each end:

So after that failed adventure, I went to my friend to make a proper splitter. Unlike the subie cosmetic one, this thing is functional, goes all the way back to the oil filter door, and is mounted with heavy hardware to become a part of the bumper instead of crappy self-tapping screws.

Last edited by hexotic; 07-25-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:04 PM
douby77

Originally Posted by hexotic
Where are you located?
There are usually aero shops all around that can custom make you one for a lot less than buying something like stillen. Its usually made from alumalite, which is crazy strong. For example, my friend runs an aero shop here in Toronto called Newtype Performance: https://www.instagram.com/newtype_performance/ All they do is splitters and custom aero.

I played with it last year. You have to make a lot of cuts, and the way it sits after that is still not perfect. I decided to go the custom splitter route after failing with the subaru one.

This is what the subie one looks like on a sedan if you really do it right. Looking at it closely, its still not perfect, and the little winglets, since they have to be cut, flap around a bit due to the support being gone.

This is how much longer it is than the G bumper, so you have to make cuts:

This was me trying to make it work, after cutting off about 4 inches on each end:

So after that failed adventure, I went to my friend to make a proper splitter. Unlike the subie cosmetic one, this thing is functional, goes all the way back to the oil filter door, and is mounted with heavy hardware to become a part of the bumper instead of crappy self-tapping screws.

Wow thank you so much man words cant express what you just did for me Thank you again. Brother.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:07 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Lol, glad I could help.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:38 PM
douby77

Originally Posted by hexotic
Lol, glad I could help.
What did you do with that lip. The subaru one do you still have it by any chance.

Quick Reply: 2011 G37 Sport Front Splitter