Sponsored By:

Power Outlet/ cig lighter

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:08 PM
edtrud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Outlet/ cig lighter

Hello all,

Just picked up a '13 infiniti g37x coupe with 15k miles this week and i'm lovin it! Upgrade from a '99 Honda Accord LX.

Anyhow, It appears that the power outlets\ cig lighter doesnt work. And I know there are plenty of power outlet\cit lighter threads but they are all for the G35, and after looking through all those threads I am still no closer to resolving the issue. People always say "RTFM" (Read the f***ing manual) I have and it does not have a fuse diagram and is utterly useless in this case. I contacted the dealer that I purchased the car from an we got an appointment scheduled.... But I have to wait a month.. WTF? So I'm just trying to see if I cant fix it myself quicker.

So Far I've found 2 fuse "box" locations, but none of them have "cig" "power outlet" or anything that I can think would be the fuse for it. I'll attach some pictures. Maybe I am a complete dumb*ss and its something obvious like "flip a switch" or something of the sort.

2nd Image had bad lighting. Fuses to right are: VDC - ABS ACN? - POWER - WDW - H/L WASH ----- AUDIO - ETS SO - L ALT - HORN
Attached Thumbnails Power Outlet/ cig lighter-20160114_072643.jpg   Power Outlet/ cig lighter-20160114_073617.jpg  
Old 01-14-2016, 10:06 PM
dwb993
Premier Member

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
Does the console power socket work? If not, check fuse #20, listed as "ACCESSORY POWER SUPPLY". Note that fuse #19 may be labelled the same, but that powers other items in the car. #20 is the guy you want.

Edit: Looks like its labelled "SOCKET" in one of your pics. Its a 20A fuse.
The following 2 users liked this post by dwb993:
abrecos (12-17-2020), KAHBOOM (01-15-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 01:46 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by dwb993
Does the console power socket work? If not, check fuse #20, listed as "ACCESSORY POWER SUPPLY". Note that fuse #19 may be labelled the same, but that powers other items in the car. #20 is the guy you want.

Edit: Looks like its labelled "SOCKET" in one of your pics. Its a 20A fuse.
This is correct, it's the fuse labelled SOCKET.
The following users liked this post:
abrecos (12-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2016, 01:11 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by edtrud
Hello all,

Just picked up a '13 infiniti g37x coupe with 15k miles this week and i'm lovin it! Upgrade from a '99 Honda Accord LX.

Anyhow, It appears that the power outlets\ cig lighter doesnt work. And I know there are plenty of power outlet\cit lighter threads but they are all for the G35, and after looking through all those threads I am still no closer to resolving the issue. People always say "RTFM" (Read the f***ing manual) I have and it does not have a fuse diagram and is utterly useless in this case. I contacted the dealer that I purchased the car from an we got an appointment scheduled.... But I have to wait a month.. WTF? So I'm just trying to see if I cant fix it myself quicker.

So Far I've found 2 fuse "box" locations, but none of them have "cig" "power outlet" or anything that I can think would be the fuse for it. I'll attach some pictures. Maybe I am a complete dumb*ss and its something obvious like "flip a switch" or something of the sort.

2nd Image had bad lighting. Fuses to right are: VDC - ABS ACN? - POWER - WDW - H/L WASH ----- AUDIO - ETS SO - L ALT - HORN
Searching for and reading the FSM might be helpful

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Coupe/2013/PG.pdf

See page PG 17

Test the fuse using a meter and then trace the power thru the harness terminal connectors.

Telcoman