Sponsored By:

Malbec Black, Red Accent Theme/Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:15 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Malbec Black, Red Accent Theme/Project

Sooo, im a big fan of accent colors on our G's. especially on the white, red, grey, and blue coupes out there. Painted black roofs on the previously mentioned colored cars, painted rear valences, CF hoods/ trunk lids. its the llittle accents like those that can make a car look amazing! here are some G's that draw some inspiration for me to do a very simple DIY.

Heres a photoshopped pic of my Malbec black IPL, with dark red accents in the middle faux grill area, keep in mid that my grill is now paint black and the emblem is still chrome. other accents will include dark red intake tubes, and red "myG37" window sticker. im drawing inspiration from the gorgeous red leather.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PHOTOS SHARED ON THIS THREAD ARE THE RIGHTFUL OWNERS, AND ARE BEING USED AS REFERENCES.

other mods that WILL be done are:
-medium smoked tails by 180Custom
-Color matched, dark red, powder coated BKK
-Graphite color painted headlight housing by 180Custom and maybe the red lining at the top of the head light, as seen on the lower pics.
-Debadged "infiniti & G37" lettering.
-Wheels will probably be Incurve MBS10 or Forgestar CF10. setup will be 19x8.5 F & 19x10 R. color would be a graphite or gunmetal. these will be wrapped in Michelin PSS.
-car will be dropped on Swift Springs

Note worthy: i will vinyl wrap the rear valence of the IPL bumper as an experiment to see how it looks. I photoshopped a pic and it doesnt look right on screen. maybe itll look nicer in person. Iver never seen this done before, and since us IPL owners/ IPL Kit users dont have Rear diffuser options at the moment, this can be an idea.

SIMPLE AND CLEAN are the words to live by for this project. we all know weve seen our fair share of "OVERDONE" accents on G's before. ahemm

Old 05-15-2015, 01:30 AM
11GshadowX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Loving the headlights, nicely done by 180. I know it's your mod and you'll do as you please but that rear valance painted red on the IPL rear bumper looks out of place, not sure if that's your car or you're planning to go that route but I would suggest otherwise. Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product.
The following users liked this post:
EnYcee-G (05-20-2015)