Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Morimoto LED Fog Light Housings Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Exclamation Morimoto LED Fog Light Housings Installed!

So finally I got around installing the Morimoto's I had purchased from The Retrofit Source. The whole intent of these fogs were to get to try something other than getting LED bulbs and or using HID on our stock housing which isn't even meant to reflect HIDs. I had been following Morimoto and when the Nissan version fogs came out, I jumped on them immediately. I never liked the OEM fogs, aesthetically they are nice, performance wise their output is extremely poor. Anyways here are what the fogs look like. **Note** I'm running Osram CBI's as my HID's**

The install went well, I had my local mechanic do it so it took him 40min with the car half way up on the lift. Everything fit well, the only thing that needed some modification was a small piece that was hitting the new LED fog that had to be cut out, no biggy. And now for the pics, I will start off by saying that like everything lighting related, pics NEVER do justice.

Installation of the new LED housings.

Name:  FullSizeRender_3.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  115.7 KB

Output pics.

Name:  FullSizeRender_5.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  207.9 KB

Output Comparison.

Stock
Name:  FullSizeRender_1.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  54.6 KB

Morimoto XB LED
Name:  FullSizeRender_1_1.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  40.2 KB

Stock
Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  222.7 KB

Morimoto XB LED
Name:  IMG_2209.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  374.5 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_2_1.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  263.9 KB

Thoughts
The output pics of the LED's weren;t that good due to the road surface not being even like that of when I took pics of the stock. However I'm going to be brutally honest, the fogs are great, I don't get a significant output like I had hoped but then again I do need to adjust these. Aesthetically, they look AWESOME and completely OEM. They dont have that blinding HID look like others have in the fogs. I give these an 8 out of 10. Its a great mod if you want to go that route.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:29 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
From the pictures they look like a decrease in output or is it just me? They look good though.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
From the pictures they look like a decrease in output or is it just me? They look good though.
yea one would assume that but like I said, the pics almost never do justice. Also its hard to tell if they are brighter than stock since the LED hue is a bit different than halogen and HIDs. I need to align them a bit and take pics on a more even surface. Here's a wall pic

Name:  IMG_2217.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  121.5 KB
Old 04-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Flakman
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
I really like the Morimoto X.DRL 5s. Just don't know if I can make the mod look good in the bottom panels of the '09 one piece bumper. Gonna do some tests to check angle and see if it's doable. I really like that look. And since they're DRL's...don't care too much about projection, mostly cosmetic.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Flakman
I really like the Morimoto X.DRL 5s. Just don't know if I can make the mod look good in the bottom panels of the '09 one piece bumper. Gonna do some tests to check angle and see if it's doable. I really like that look. And since they're DRL's...don't care too much about projection, mostly cosmetic.
Those are nice and clean. Its tough to install these on to our sport bumpers unfortunately.