G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got rear ended damaging both my front and rear.. IPL Front and Rear Bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 10:24 AM
JerseyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Got rear ended damaging both my front and rear.. IPL Front and Rear Bumper?

YES I KNOW, the search button is there but this is a different type of question! I would REALLY appreciate ANY input!

I have a 2008 Amethyst Grey G37s, color code K57

Okay, so long story short I was rear ended while my car was parked, the genius who hit me also pushed my front bumper into a curb.. SO the insurance wrote me for 2 NEW bumpers, FRONT and REAR.. I see this as a good opportunity to purchase the IPL front and rear.

1.) I know this has been addresses in the passed but I would like some recent info!!.. Where can I get both bumpers from (GOOD QUALITY), Im assuming the insurance will write me for about $2,000..

2.) Ive heard sewell infiniti sells them but ive read reviews and they have a reputation for the paint not matching so thats a option.

3.) Should I buy the Duraflex bumpers and just have them painted? If you know of anywhere else i can get these bumpers from LET ME KNOW!

If anyone has experience with this please leave input! I am stuck and really dont know what the best choice would be.. ive done my research but i felt like i needed to ask you guys personally.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:31 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Don't buy dura flex if cracked bumpers bothers you at all.

Sewell infiniti's paint matching issues is due to the natural fading the occurs to paint and it not matching a brand new painted bumper.

Replacing a bumper is not a matter of simply bolting a New one on. You often have to take it to a paint shop and have them respray parts of the hood and fenders to blend it all together.

Go OEM, don't half *** it, imo.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:06 PM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
Let insurance buy you bnib bumpers from sewell infiniti it even rock auto, put another $1000 on top and spray the whole car. Color matching problem solved.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:33 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Yeah doubt you're getting an entire car re sprayed with 1000$..unless it's from maaco
Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 PM
wild_pea

Not true at all...ive had multiple cars over 5 years old and even a pearl white acura (one of the hardest colors to match) and they all matched up just fine. if not right away then it took like a month just like my 09 red g37 cant tell at all....

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Don't buy dura flex if cracked bumpers bothers you at all.

Sewell infiniti's paint matching issues is due to the natural fading the occurs to paint and it not matching a brand new painted bumper.

Replacing a bumper is not a matter of simply bolting a New one on. You often have to take it to a paint shop and have them respray parts of the hood and fenders to blend it all together.

Go OEM, don't half *** it, imo.
Originally Posted by PongSanity
Let insurance buy you bnib bumpers from sewell infiniti it even rock auto, put another $1000 on top and spray the whole car. Color matching problem solved.
spray wht whole car with what? plastidip? LOL
Old 10-03-2014, 03:04 PM
teonguyen

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JerseyG
YES I KNOW, the search button is there but this is a different type of question! I would REALLY appreciate ANY input!

I have a 2008 Amethyst Grey G37s, color code K57

Okay, so long story short I was rear ended while my car was parked, the genius who hit me also pushed my front bumper into a curb.. SO the insurance wrote me for 2 NEW bumpers, FRONT and REAR.. I see this as a good opportunity to purchase the IPL front and rear.

1.) I know this has been addresses in the passed but I would like some recent info!!.. Where can I get both bumpers from (GOOD QUALITY), Im assuming the insurance will write me for about $2,000..

2.) Ive heard sewell infiniti sells them but ive read reviews and they have a reputation for the paint not matching so thats a option.

3.) Should I buy the Duraflex bumpers and just have them painted? If you know of anywhere else i can get these bumpers from LET ME KNOW!

If anyone has experience with this please leave input! I am stuck and really dont know what the best choice would be.. ive done my research but i felt like i needed to ask you guys personally.

Thanks!!!
I bought IPL rear , sidesills , and spoiler here 2011 G37 Coupe: exterior accessories .

They are all OEM and have no issue whatsoever with the paint matching.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
JerseyG

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with Sewell.. the shipping is gonna kill me to Jersey though :/