Sponsored By:

Adaptive cruise from non sport bumper to sport bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face Adaptive cruise from non sport bumper to sport bumper

Adaptive cruise from on sport bumper to sport bumper,

after doing some modification and adjusting the bracket so that it'll be re positioned to fit the sport bumper ,

is there an alignment that needs to be done on the sensor itself ?

BTW if i wanted to buy the same sensor only difference is that it would come with the mounting brack for the sport bumper its $2900.00

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the exact same plug and play sensor ... So my question is the fact that i move the sensor location to the sport bumper insert . Is there some sort of calibration i need to do ?

I would think so , im moving it by 4cm or something and the sensor is a frontal detector ...
Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Carfanatic

Smile Solved

Well I'll answer my own question for future reference

Ok , So basically the Non sport adaptive cruise sensor must be removed from the car and the bracket must be separated from the sensor itself, Once it's been separated you can L shape metal brackets and make yourself a new bracket.

DO NOT USE GLUE !!!!, BOLT AND BRACKETS I USED 4

Then reconnect plug and turn car on then press Cruise button on/off 4 times while vehicle is parked . and that will re-activate the sensor you deactivate when you had removed and re positioned for the sport bumper grill.

Conclusion, everything works perfectly, INFINITI "WE SELL THE BRACKET AND SENSOR AS A PKG FOR $2900", IDIOTS if my sensor works fine why can't you sell me the damn bracket for like $100 it's literally a square piece of metal.

Useless , then they say we need to calibrate it , it takes 2 hours..... BS !!!!

QED PROBLEM SOLVED !
Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I hit something very minor and mine needed to removed to fix the bumper. After it was replaced it 'appeared' to work but on some occasions it would fail to recognize the car infront and continue speeding into it. The car went back to the dealer about 4 times before I finally took them out for a ride to show them what was happening because they continued trying to tell me they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Make sure you test it properly before you relax behind the wheel.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Carfanatic

Wow

Well i'm going to go for a long drive this weekend i'll keep you posted but it seems like your sensor is malfunctioning .... it's expensive man to replace if your not under warranty...
Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It was actually new. It was replaced as a precaution, the calibration was just **** poor.
The following users liked this post:
Makc2142 (02-07-2021)