Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Baddest G37x Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 11:20 PM
honorcode3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Baddest G37x Coupe

Put simply; who has the baddest G37x coupe? Post up mods and pictures.

It seems as though the aftermarket community has not developed many products specifically for the G37x coupe. If you race the G37x and could give input on your driving experiences, handling abilities, and the performance increases you have experienced through enhancements it would be greatly appreciated.

Ex. Best way to launch a X in a 7speed A/T? Leave it in sport shift or full auto? Rev engine to 3k rpm with brake depressed then drop the pedal?

1/4 mile improvement?
Dyno proven increases?

What wears out with more power or under regular racing conditions? How much whp before you start destroying differentials, wheel bearings, transmission, engine internals?

Thanks everyone and hopefully this thread can make all our rides a bit badder.

~ Josh

Last edited by honorcode3; 12-18-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 AM
daviper

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's some pics of my 2009 G37x Coupe.

The following 3 users liked this post by daviper:
ANMVQ (12-18-2013), ItalianG37xS (12-18-2013), kratikosG37 (05-27-2015)
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
If you look around the forum, you will see MANY modded coupes. No need to start a thread for one.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:34 AM
gyukang2

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@SwissCheeseHead particularly for x coupe though
Old 12-18-2013, 10:43 AM
budiu22

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gyukang2
@SwissCheeseHead particularly for x coupe though
well if you think about it... they are all the same....

so there is no point in asking for x pictures.

If anything, the differences will be things like fitment and brands.

Regular coilovers wont work for the X. We have very limited options. (Still gonna look the same so for pictures it wouldnt matter)

Regular coupe exhausts might not fit. This mostly the mid pipe i guess. Cats / Tips-muffles are the same fitment.

But like i said... They will look EXACTLY the same. The x and the non x models.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
The X coupe has the same body features as any of the coupes. It is the performance modification issues. As budiu22 said fitment is the big deal.

With this in regard, there are a handful of X coupes that have done a good amount of modifications to their Gs and have done a great job at that as well.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Legz
Registered Member

My x coupe's exterior is bone stock, probly easier to google for a decent pic lol. But TT'd at 8.5 psi . Engine and tranny still kicking, logged with rom editor, no tranny slips woot woot
Old 12-18-2013, 02:15 PM
honorcode3

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
The X coupe has the same body features as any of the coupes. It is the performance modification issues. As budiu22 said fitment is the big deal.

With this in regard, there are a handful of X coupes that have done a good amount of modifications to their Gs and have done a great job at that as well.

Yeah, pictures are really just to appease my appetite but it is always nice to see fitment and construction quality of aftermarket parts on a vehicle before purchasing. And yes, I made this thread specifically for the X as it requires different parts and behaves differently than the standard coupe.

Originally Posted by Legz
My x coupe's exterior is bone stock, probly easier to google for a decent pic lol. But TT'd at 8.5 psi . Engine and tranny still kicking, logged with rom editor, no tranny slips woot woot
That's awesome and promising to hear that it's holding power well. Since you're logging and tuning with rom does that mean you haven't had it dyno'd and don't know whp numbers from your set-up? What is your current set-up/ mod list?

Looks like there is some good interest in here and I can't wait to hear from other X owners.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 PM
honorcode3

Originally Posted by daviper
Here's some pics of my 2009 G37x Coupe.

Beautiful car man! Are you running aftermarket suspension and exhaust, what kind? Any other performance modifications? Beautiful car and thanks for sharing with us!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I believe our wheel offsets are different as well.

Legz, nice to see another TT G37x Coupe. I'm at 7.5 PSI and holding well. Finishing up on modding the exterior to get it where I want it and doing some of the interior as well. I've dyno tuned on UpRev and put down about 414AWHP, after some fuel system upgrades and tranny upgrades soon I'm hoping to put down a little more!

Like you said honorcode3 it would be cool to have some interest start up on this and make a good G37x coupe thread for pros/cons, tips/tricks!

Here's a picture of mine just to add

The following 2 users liked this post by Lt8Che:
ANMVQ (12-18-2013), ItalianG37xS (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 04:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts

Legz, nice to see another TT G37x Coupe. I'm at 7.5 PSI and holding well. Finishing up on modding the exterior to get it where I want it and doing some of the interior as well. I've dyno tuned on UpRev and put down about 414AWHP, after some fuel system upgrades and tranny upgrades soon I'm hoping to put down a little more!

Like you said honorcode3 it would be cool to have some interest start up on this and make a good G37x coupe thread for pros/cons, tips/tricks!

That looks like a pretty mean X^^^^ Got any more pics or links to a build thread, would love to hear more about it
The following users liked this post:
honorcode3 (06-06-2017)
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Lt8Che, glad that your TT is now up and running, very nice that you got 414awhp out of it, I haven't dyno'd mine yet, dunno where I'm at (still running GTM's etune).

honorcode3, my mod list is in my sig, I don't have valve body upgrade, but does have the increased line pressure from uprev. Exoticspeed exhaust is 2.5", no cats.

Another x coupe owner timp is still getting his 2x SC ready, be interesting to see some numbers.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:48 PM
honorcode3

Very sexy and nice numbers. Do you have a 6MT or the 7ATM and what kind of transmission upgrade do you plan on doing? Did you have your car done with a Stage 1 GTM kit? Thanks for sharing Lt8Che!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Who are you guys using to tune my coupe (2wd) and with 9ish PSI (spring pressure) on my gtm kit I made 485. Just curious if there is that much loss in the drivetrain or if it's in the tune
Old 12-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Lt. What are your wheels? I want some. Tires? Suspension to lower? Is that a BBK? What kind? Share your modes in detail please ^)
The following users liked this post:
Mingo1 (05-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Baddest G37x Coupe