G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

swell infiniti ipl bumper not the same color !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by solarg37
pearl's are always hard to factory match .

had to get my old subaru svx bumper painted 3 times to match the pearl white and it was still off.
Yea, my ip 08 g37 had been repainted both front / back bumpers.
Along with having the quarter panels & fenders blended.
To me it always looked off, really gave up on it.

Sucks that you ipl guys have to spend alot for the part then the paintwork is subpar I'd be pissed.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah! I wanted to buy it too but they didn't have Ivory Pearl... If you have a 2008 G (white) it's ivory pearl.. I believe in 2009 and up, they changed it to moonlight white..
Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
OP -- i had the same issue with my IPL front bumper from Sewell. I contacted my dealership, then contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs. They actually sent the images and problem back to Japan where they actually paint the bumpers, etc.. Infiniti then paid to have my car repainted (bumper). The color isn't perfect, but it's damn close, but at that point it becomes an issue of material (plastic vs metal).
Old 05-15-2013, 01:30 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
by the way, this whole item with sewell infiniti painting primed bumpers is a little...far-fetched. in MY case, my local dealership actually saw the mismatched paint, and physically ordered another one. the second was just as bad...
Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
jayrdong

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Should I order from Sewell?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jayrdong
Should I order from Sewell?
If you believe that Sewell has the lowest prices available, then go ahead and order from them. If you have an issue with the paint color matching, then complain until it gets fixed. Keep going up the chain until the issue gets fixed.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
likeaboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check before order..
Old 05-25-2013, 01:51 PM
jayrdong

I just installed Sewell Aero Side Sills on my G37 and the paint is off. It seems like it doesn't have enough pearls in it. I have called to complain so we'll see what happens. It really seems like Sewell is doing all of this paint on their own that's why their prices are so cheap, but the paint doesn't ever seem to match.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by jayrdong
I just installed Sewell Aero Side Sills on my G37 and the paint is off. It seems like it doesn't have enough pearls in it. I have called to complain so we'll see what happens. It really seems like Sewell is doing all of this paint on their own that's why their prices are so cheap, but the paint doesn't ever seem to match.
Moonlight White, right? Did you get your problem fixed, and what was their explanation?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 AM
jayrdong

Originally Posted by Superteeth
Moonlight White, right? Did you get your problem fixed, and what was their explanation?
I went and talked to Sewell, they said that any color especially when it is fresh paint will always be whiter than an older car (my car is 2011). He told me if you look at the side sills and can't really notice it unless you do a double take, then you're fine since the car is about 2 years old. He said that Sewell does not buy parts and repaint on their own. Everything is done from the factory thus we get the confidence of Infiniti warranty from any dealership and not just Sewell, so that gave me a piece of comfort. The longer my side sills have stayed on my car, the more it has started to begun fading in with the rest of my car so everything has been good. I just picked up the IPL moonlight white bumper from Sewell today so we'll see how that goes.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM
sikwidiit

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
yea they told me the same since the paint is fresh paint it looks a bit off but as time goes by itll eventually blend in with the rest of the car. i just had my car wrapped so it doesnt bother me anymore lol
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by sikwidiit
yea they told me the same since the paint is fresh paint it looks a bit off but as time goes by itll eventually blend in with the rest of the car. i just had my car wrapped so it doesnt bother me anymore lol
That is odd, since they never gave me a "fresh paint" excuse. They got my local dealership to re-paint the bumper. It did not have to have a long drying time afterwards to get to the right tint, either. But since you wrapped your car and the guy above you seems to see the paint beginning to match, I guess there is not a problem for either of you.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:39 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by sikwidiit
Fresh, since they painted it!!

The paint on an Aero bumper can be as old as 3 years!!