Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

60K Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 AM
canoncleguy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question 60K Service

I bought a 2008 G37 Coupe 6MT recently with 60K miles. Since this is the first time I wanted to get it serviced from stealership assuming that it will be close to $500. But looking at the Infiniti website Premium is around $1000. I really don't want to spend that much for this service. I checked online and read bunch of threads here and looks like I can DIY most of them. This is the 60K list from Infiniti website

Replace engine oil and filter
Replace in-cabin microfilter (if equipped)
Lubricate all locks/hinges
Replace differential oil (if applied)
Replace engine air filter
Replace engine coolant/flush system
Replace engine drive belts
Replace manual transmission oil
Replace radiator cap

My first question is can I do all of these myself? I don't have a lot of experience with cars except oil changes and wheels changes.

Next question is where can I get parts for this service? Is this a good deal from SewellInfiniti? All the below for $177. If this is not a good deal, where can I get all the parts?
  • Oil Filter
  • Engine Air Filter
  • Interior Cabin Micro-filter
  • Left & Right Rubber Wiper Inserts
  • 2 Drive Belts
  • Radiator Cap
  • Upper & Lower Radiator Hoses

Since the above list doesn't cover all the items, where can I buy the remaining?
  • Replace differential oil (if applied)
  • Replace engine coolant/flush system
  • Replace manual transmission oil

What are the good brands? Do I have to do all of them at the same time or can I do them whenever time permits?

My next question is, is there anything missing from this list for the 60K service?

My last question is(similar to 1 but with details ), I checked and could find videos for many of the above items. Is everything in this list doable? I have tools (wrenches, screw drivers, etc). I have 2 hydraulic jacks and 2 stands. I guess I am good from the tool stand point.

I searched this site several times, but most of the previously asked questions was weather its worth it or not etc? So I would assume this is not a repost

Once I have all the answers, this will be a great sticky for others. Thanks in advance

P.S: Apart from the money I am going to save, I really want to work on my car. Please help
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 AM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
also wanted to know
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Yes you can DIY all of the items mentioned about. $500 is ludicrous for an afternoon's worth of work and a 6 pack. Brands of what types of fluids to use have been discussed on this forum ad nauseum. Check the DIY section for a lot of this info along with using the forum's search feature. You will find a wealth of information and learn some new things.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, all that can be done following the DIYs here on this forum, that's how I did mine and all I had done in the past before was just a few oil changes.

I did all these from your list myself in my garage:

Replace engine oil and filter
Replace in-cabin microfilter
Replace differential oil
Replace engine air filter
Replace manual transmission oil

These I haven't:

Lubricate all locks/hinges (seems pretty easy)
Replace engine coolant/flush system (I've been thinking about this one lately)
Replace engine drive belts
Replace radiator cap (self explanatory )

It looks like you have the right attitude and actually want to do this, and that is a big step forward. As SwissCheese said, you'll need to do your homework and get the proper tools and all that. All the information you need is on this forum, believe me.

Your car is going to feel so much better once you're done, especially if you do your engine, differential, and transmission on the same day.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 PM
IAmYourPal
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I recommend Redline MT85 for the transmission oil, you'll need 4 quarts. I used Motul 300 but didn't like it because it was too notchy. You can purchase it from conceptzperformance. For the diff I'd also use Redline but 75W90. You'll need a pump from kragen or pep boys which is cheap under $10. Refer to DiY guides before proceeding.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM
canoncleguy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you!

Actually I am compiling a list of DIYs for 60K service and will put it together We have mandatory vacation starting from Christmas to New Year and planning to do these at that time. Thanks again