Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bug report

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Bug report

Just thought I'd warn you guys of 2 bugs I've encountered with my 08 which could 100% lead to battery drain issues.

1) I shut off the car and the NAV screen stayed on. Would not turn off. I got out, waited a few minutes, it still didn't turn off. I had to start the car and shut it off again to make the nav screen turn off.

2)Top lights stayed on. For some reason the top 2 lights would not turn off unless I press them to turn them off (never pressed them to turn them on in the first place).

Trying to remember the third one but I'll keep you posted

Last edited by jesse550; 10-08-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jesse550
Just thought I'd warn you guys of 2 bugs I've encountered with my 08 which could 100% lead to battery drain issues.

1) I shut off the car and the NAV screen stayed on. Would not turn off. I got out, waited a few minutes, it still didn't turn off. I had to start the car and shut it off again to make the nav screen turn off.

2)Top lights stayed on. For some reason the top 2 lights would not turn off unless I press them to turn them off (never pressed them to turn them on in the first place). This has happened to me twice already.

Trying to remember the third one but I'll keep you posted

Fortunately, this hasn't happened to me. Thanks for the heads up!

For your 2)... do you think that switch/botton the door pushes when you shut the door is not working correctly? Maybe that's why your dome lights are staying on?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
These are not bugs these are problems you need to get fixed.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by jon23
Fortunately, this hasn't happened to me. Thanks for the heads up!

For your 2)... do you think that switch/botton the door pushes when you shut the door is not working correctly? Maybe that's why your dome lights are staying on?
I don't think that's it. For some reason the car thinks the dome lights were pressed to turn on so they stay on permanently even when the switch on them is set to [off].
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
NyLiGHTz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never had any of these problems, maybe change ur fuses.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Josh

i also do not have these problems in my 08. although i dont have the nav unit i still have a screen that turns off when i shut off my car.

sounds like a wiring issue with both of your problems. but im no expert.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM
jesse550

With car systems computerized, there will be bugs and glitches showing up every once in a while. Just because you guys haven't experienced these issues does not mean you won't. How many people who had a dead battery do you think could have had a Nav screen left on or a light stuck on?! Do you really think people pay attention to whether their lights are on or not when they get out of the car in the day time? It nearly slipped my mind.

This is not a wiring issue. If I take it to infiniti, they will give my car back and say "we cannot recreate the issue". The purpose of this thread is to tell you guys to keep an eye out for these things so you don't have a dead battery the next morning.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Josh

i see that your only trying to help. how often do these things happen on your car? bugs/glitches do happen in a digital world. but if it happens often than i would suspect theres more going on than just a bug/glitch.

out of 3.5 years of ownership ive not once encountered the 2 items you've listed. my battery has died on me once when i was trying to figure out how to program my garage door opener and left the car in accessory for too long. thats why i think its just an isolated case rather than a widespread bug/glitch affecting all 08s.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by Josh
i see that your only trying to help. how often do these things happen on your car? bugs/glitches do happen in a digital world. but if it happens often than i would suspect theres more going on than just a bug/glitch.

out of 3.5 years of ownership ive not once encountered the 2 items you've listed. my battery has died on me once when i was trying to figure out how to program my garage door opener and left the car in accessory for too long. thats why i think its just an isolated case rather than a widespread bug/glitch affecting all 08s.
Just once.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:01 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh

Agreed. A bug/glitch as you describe it is more widespread and affects several people. I've not experienced the issues you encountered either with my 08. If it continues to occur, then bring it to the dealership if it happens often enough and have them correct it.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jesse550
With car systems computerized, there will be bugs and glitches showing up every once in a while.
Embedded code doesn't just change out of the blue. Unless someone altered the firmware in your car's system, the code should be exactly the same as when you bought it. And if that was the case, then this would be a behavior that is seen by more than just yourself.

It sounds to me like you have a mechanical or electrical problem. Someone suggested maybe the switch in the door that detects whether or not it is closed is stuck? You incorrectly addressed his comment as if he were talking about the switch on the light dome.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Never once had the NAV screen stay on in my 08. Could it possibly have been in ACC mode?