Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2008 G37 and iPhone 5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
jms515

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jive
Not sure this is the right place for this but I've been looking for this factory ipod integration -> bluetooth device for a long time now. Hopefully save someone a ton of time.

With those adapters you mentioned before your up to around $60. True you get charging and better audio quality but you have to connect it manually.

I've been looking for an OEM ipod integration 30pin -> bluetooth adapter made specifically to *fake out the headunit into thinking an ipod is connected and AVCRP & A2DP (skip,play, etc.. + metadata). Granted its a bit pricey ($95 shipped), but it doesn't lock you into apple. I love my iphone 5 but i'm sick of all this adapter bs.

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just passing along I've purchased a much less expensive 30pin bluetooth adapter ~$25 that worked great for basic devices (clock radios/portable speakers) but they won't trick our G37 head units.. if someone else has found something similar cheaper please post or PM me. I plan to buy this thing soon & will report back.
The Tune2Air sounds like what the Anycom Fipo used to do and sold for around $25... unfortunately it was discontinued.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Jive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jms515
The Tune2Air sounds like what the Anycom Fipo used to do and sold for around $25... unfortunately it was discontinued.
I have a generic bluetooth receiver w/30pin adapter too, but it won't trick our headunits into thinking their is an ipod connected. There seems to be a translation layer in between that differentiates the two types. Believe me I would much rather spend $30 than $95...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Jive

So I bought a viseoo adapter from amazon. It came pretty quick and I eagerly plugged it in... nothing. disconnected, reconnected, nothing. Tried about 10 more times then magically it worked.. as advertised over bluetooth it threw my whole library on the headunit as if it were physically connected. Unfortunately it wont work but 1 out of 30 times.. i contacted the seller hoping he had some troubleshooting information. will update.

Another thought I had for getting video back to my headunit was possibly trying these. Has anyone had any luck??
Lightning to VGA Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
and this one
Amazon.com: VGA to TV RCA S-video Converter Adapter Cable PC Laptop: Electronics Amazon.com: VGA to TV RCA S-video Converter Adapter Cable PC Laptop: Electronics
.. any luck??
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Su_G37

Once I got the iPhone 5, I bought a 30 gig iPod classic from eBay and just keep it in my car with a schoshe adapter and the iPod always stays charged i just have to bring it in to sync songs. Too cluttery using two adapters and the 30 gig iPod classic only cost me 55 dollars.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM
DrBones

My results

2008 g35x with factory nav.

Managed to get music and charging working with the factory iPod cable to DockStubz+ to 30 pin lightning adapter (small non-cable version only!!)

Very weird results with the 0.2m cabled adapter. I bought two from the apple store (will return both). One worked twice out of 20 tests, the other never worked. Both, maybe 5/20 tries, would "almost" work, meaning that the "iPod not connected" message would briefly disappear, and then eventually come back. It's like some kind of negotiation is occurring and then failing. The small adapter did not have this problem, though there were a few instance where it did not work right away and I had to replug.

I now have to get some kind of 30 pin extension cable, so it will be Oem cable to dockstubz to extension to lightning adapter. Ugly but it should work, I will try to update with results.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM
DrBones

Forgot to mention, I had an OLD schosche passport, which allowed charge but no music with all the adapters tried. It was because of this forum that I tried the dockstubz and it started working.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 AM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
anybody find a working adapter to charge and still be able to play music?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Jenn1ifer

I'm sure there will be 3rd party ones out soon if they aren't already.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
g37flamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what i did was going to a stereo shop and buy what they call a y wire it connects the rca the red and white under the aux with your iphone through an aux although you cant shuffle your music by the ca audi bottoms but that was the best solution i found
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
ffpjlw

Update: So I returned the iSimple ReVolt MINI IS712 because it would not charge while playing music. Thanks to Bo0m I ordered the Cable Jive and it works flawlessly.

Thanks everyone!!!

jw
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Bo0m

Originally Posted by ffpjlw
Update: So I returned the iSimple ReVolt MINI IS712 because it would not charge while playing music. Thanks to Bo0m I ordered the Cable Jive and it works flawlessly.

Thanks everyone!!!

jw
Glad I could help
Old 03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
cali_peach

Tune2Air

Hello

After trying two lightening adapters (short) and still not getting my iPhone 5 to recognize in my '98 G37S Coupe I eagerly bought the Tune2Air after reading these threads. Unfortunately it's not working either. What's odd is that I have a charger for my iPhone (through cigarette ligther) that the lightening adapter works with so I connected the tune2air to it and it works and connects to the iPhone (of course it's not going to play music and after about 30 seconds it disconnects). Any ideas on what could be going on? I would start to think that the cable for the Infiniti to iPod integration is bad but it was working fine on iPhone 4.

I'm starting to totally regret the 5 purchase :-(...if it ain't broke don't fix it. Any help or direction would be great...going to call the tune2air supplier too.

Originally Posted by Jive
Not sure this is the right place for this but I've been looking for this factory ipod integration -> bluetooth device for a long time now. Hopefully save someone a ton of time.

With those adapters you mentioned before your up to around $60. True you get charging and better audio quality but you have to connect it manually.

I've been looking for an OEM ipod integration 30pin -> bluetooth adapter made specifically to *fake out the headunit into thinking an ipod is connected and AVCRP & A2DP (skip,play, etc.. + metadata). Granted its a bit pricey ($95 shipped), but it doesn't lock you into apple. I love my iphone 5 but i'm sick of all this adapter bs.

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just passing along I've purchased a much less expensive 30pin bluetooth adapter ~$25 that worked great for basic devices (clock radios/portable speakers) but they won't trick our G37 head units.. if someone else has found something similar cheaper please post or PM me. I plan to buy this thing soon & will report back.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Josh

Originally Posted by cali_peach
I would start to think that the cable for the Infiniti to iPod integration is bad but it was working fine on iPhone 4.

I'm starting to totally regret the 5 purchase :-(...if it ain't broke don't fix it. Any help or direction would be great...going to call the tune2air supplier too.
im also thinking that its your factory ipod integration cable because that potentially is the only difference. do you have nav or non-nav G?

does your ipod integration cable look like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-EX35-FX35-FX50-G37-QX56-IPOD-iPhone-Adapter-Interface-Audio-Cable-OEM-/151019262872?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2329731398&vxp=mtr
or this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-NISSAN-INFINITI-AUX-INPUT-CABLE-FOR-IPOD-IPHONE-OEM-REF-PART-284H2-1BA0B-/261086418705?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AG37&hash=item3cc9f69711&vxp=mtr
just from looking at the pictures i have the 1st cable i posted. maybe try buying the first ebay cable if you already dont have it? or just buy it anyway and see. :/

the only other thing would be the firmware on your iphone but since its a 5 its gotta be < 6.0. maybe try doing a restore on your iphone and retrying (i really dont think its this but, you never know until you've tried everything)

edit: also have you successfully tested your iphone 5 adapters on other docks/speakers/etc? could be the adapters as well (also unlikely since you have tried 2 different ones but you have to trial and error this and see whats working vs. not)

Last edited by Josh; 03-28-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
cali_peach

It looks like the top one, I got it directly from Infiniti. Thinking about getting another one just to see. Or trying the bottom one.

The adapters work fine with the charger, both of them. Thing with the adapters is that it will play for like 30 seconds or so and then fade away. Frustrating.

Firmware is 6.03 but I will try the restart. When I try to pair it it's recognized as a headset and not tune2air and then it will not pair. The blue light doesn't even come on; but there is a faint red light. The blue light does blink when I connect it with the car charger....strange. I called the distributor he said he will exchange if I want to try another one or refund. I'm going to try another one, even thought I'm pretty sure that's not it. He said it may be some sort of incompatability issue but I told him of the successful use on here. I've tried dropping the connection, etc. No bueno :-|.

I think it's something with the cable...don't understand why though since it worked with 4 and also works with my iPad which has been my fall back.

Thanks for your suggestions I will try. Edited to add I have Nav (which the iPhone integrates with and I can look up directions on the iPhone and it seamlessly integrates with the navigation..discovered that by accident. One reason I like the new phone I guess).

Originally Posted by Josh
im also thinking that its your factory ipod integration cable because that potentially is the only difference. do you have nav or non-nav G?

does your ipod integration cable look like this?

Infiniti EX35 FX35 FX50 G37 QX56 iPod iPhone Adapter Interface Audio Cable | eBay

or this?

2007 Nissan Infiniti Aux Input Cable for iPod iPhone Ref Part 284H2 1BA0B | eBay

just from looking at the pictures i have the 1st cable i posted. maybe try buying the first ebay cable if you already dont have it? or just buy it anyway and see. :/

the only other thing would be the firmware on your iphone but since its a 5 its gotta be < 6.0. maybe try doing a restore on your iphone and retrying (i really dont think its this but, you never know until you've tried everything)

edit: also have you successfully tested your iphone 5 adapters on other docks/speakers/etc? could be the adapters as well (also unlikely since you have tried 2 different ones but you have to trial and error this and see whats working vs. not)

Last edited by cali_peach; 03-28-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Josh

ok i got music and charging working on my iphone 5 in my 08 non-nav, i plugged my dock stubz in tonight and my iphone started charging, i was listening to sirius and after a couple of miles of driving my ipod kicked in from my iphone and it started playing music with charging. I'm not sure how its working for me and not others but its working. i got back into my car later on, plugged my iphone in, and only got charge, drove less than a mile this time and my music kicked back in. not sure what to make of this. Or why theres a delay in recognizing my phone. but my **** works! :P

edit: i was driving in to work this morning and plugged my phone back in, it started to charge but my music would not kick in. it would start to play and then cut out, start to play and then cut out. this is beyond baffling. nothing is consistent so i have no idea what is/isnt making this work. its got to be the digital 8pin on the phones itself. i thought i remembered reading the pins are dynamic and not static. the dynamic assignments of these pins when in use has got to be throwing off the 30pin connection. this is the only explanation that makes sense to me at this point.

edit2: heres a couple of links that describes dynamic assignments.. and wiring diagram of the pins.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...reversible_use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_%28connector%29

Last edited by Josh; 04-03-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 G37 and iPhone 5?