Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
jking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really want prime rib but what about ground beef lol
Old 08-09-2012, 06:33 PM
ice350

I ain't crazy, I know the G is out of the league of the other cars considered but I care more about what I like than status symbols. The G is definitely a long shot. But I am intriqued with the thought of a 2 for 1 thing. The G and a Vette instead of one of the others. I am definitely the type to do something like that. I'm kinda cheap.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Coprolite
Where's the lobster pic to go with Tazicon's post?

Double post of crustacean craving.

As taken from photobucket

Name:  IMG_1410.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  183.4 KB

Last edited by Tazicon; 08-09-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Tazicon

Originally Posted by ice350
I ain't crazy, I know the G is out of the league of the other cars considered but I care more about what I like than status symbols. The G is definitely a long shot. But I am intriqued with the thought of a 2 for 1 thing. The G and a Vette instead of one of the others. I am definitely the type to do something like that. I'm kinda cheap.

I understand as I ended up with a G and a Z instead of other cars I had looked at. I bought the IPL but I didn't want my wife driving it to work and leaving it out in the hot sun everyday, then along came Z which she drives to work.

Really there are some amazing cars out there, the M6 would be at the top of my list as for what you seem to be looking for. That said we each have our own agendas to meet, yours are all over the map right now. I know mine were but with each test drive I got closer and closer to figuring things out. Just cause you can aford a 200k car doesn't mean you go out and buy one. I have been called a tight wad on many occasions.

Last edited by Tazicon; 08-09-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by Tazicon
I understand as I ended up with a G and a Z instead of other cars I had looked at. I bought the IPL but I didn't want my wife driving it to work and leaving it out in the hot sun everyday, then along came Z which she drives to work.

Really there are some amazing cars out there, the M6 would be at the top of my list as for what you seem to be looking for. That said we each have our own agendas to meet, yours are all over the map right now. I know mine were but with each test drive I got closer and closer to figuring things out. Just cause you can aford a 200k car doesn't mean you go out and buy one. I have been called a tight wad on many occasions.
I understand just because u can afford one doesnt meant u get one, BUT to compare cars of different class is nearly impossible. If he doesnt want to pay for a 200k car just because he has the money thats respectable but you cant asks for people opinion on 100k vs 42k because its kind of obvious what the response is.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Tazicon

Originally Posted by joshk
I understand just because u can afford one doesnt meant u get one, BUT to compare cars of different class is nearly impossible. If he doesnt want to pay for a 200k car just because he has the money thats respectable but you cant asks for people opinion on 100k vs 42k because its kind of obvious what the response is.
Yes this is very true. I also don't think asking stuff like this on the web is the right thing to do. I make up my own mind. If I had asked people on here should I buy an IPL we all know what the answer would have been.

Oh and FYI, I wasn't saying that I can afford a 200k car, that definately came out wrong but I am a tight wad. lol
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 PM
stanv

The SL 550/63 AMG looks great imo.
Everyone said M6 but if you don't like the 650 (which I think is a beautiful car personally), then you obviously won't like the M6.
You're naming a large variety cars so I'm not sure what exactly to even suggest.
Bentley Continental? (This would probably be my favorite)

Maybe check out the IS F/ GS F (haven't searched too much on the GS F; the IS is really small in my opinion, I personally can't relate Lexus to sport cars but to each their own)?

Maserati Granturismo?

It also depends whether you want more luxury than sportyness or vice versa which you don't really clear up.

Maybe you'd like an SUV? X6 M makes some serious moves.
More luxury would be something like a 750i, make it an Alpine edition if you wana be unique.

Also, side tracking, what career are you in (if you don't mind me asking)?

Last edited by stanv; 08-09-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 AM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Luxurious, sporty and you're frugal; there may be a G in your future. A lot of car for the money and much cheaper to maintain than the rest of the bunch. If you truly don't care about the name, the G is a steal, and more luxury than several of the cars you've named. You may want to consider a non-sport if seat comfort is important to you, or get a sport and trade the seats for a non-sport. Add FI if you really want it to move.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I say go for the "buy 2 at once" options, but pssh to the Corvette. Get a G37 for a daily driver, and get an Ariel Atom for the fun! Ariel Atom

If I had the liquid, that's what I would get for my fun car. Just thinking about it gives me a tingling sensation that I will not go into detail on in an online forum.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
If you've got the ability to wait to purchase, this is what I think I'll be purchasing for my next car:
C-X16 Photo Gallery | Jaguar USA

Looks amazing, nice power and torque, luxurious, packed with tech, and reasonable on gas. Probably will come in at $70k I'd guess, could be a contender for your 2 for 1 type of deal =P

Other option I have for you is the Aston Martin DBS. Classy, world class interior, sounds amazing. Cons, missiles and smoke screen not standard equipment =/.

As for the G, it's a great value for what you get, entry level luxury mixed with some sport. It won't turn heads like the other cars on your list though. Only issue I see with your G/vette combo is both are currently nearing a new body style. I'm not sure how important being in a "newer" looking car is to you. The new G IPL is rumored to be getting a power plant similar to the GTR, but again that's another unknown.

Ultimately it's what you like that counts, there are plenty of mods to make the G faster, louder, etc... but almost nothing in the realm of making it more luxurious on the inside. Make sure you thoroughly test an S model before purchase as the seats are somewhat hard and uncomfortable for a larger frame (per your mention of issues with the g35).
Old 08-10-2012, 09:38 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Maserati Grand Turismo Sport ... decent performance, great exhaust note, luxurious and the sexiest looking car out there.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by BLamb
If you've got the ability to wait to purchase, this is what I think I'll be purchasing for my next car:
C-X16 Photo Gallery | Jaguar USA

Looks amazing, nice power and torque, luxurious, packed with tech, and reasonable on gas. Probably will come in at $70k I'd guess, could be a contender for your 2 for 1 type of deal =P

Other option I have for you is the Aston Martin DBS. Classy, world class interior, sounds amazing. Cons, missiles and smoke screen not standard equipment =/.

As for the G, it's a great value for what you get, entry level luxury mixed with some sport. It won't turn heads like the other cars on your list though. Only issue I see with your G/vette combo is both are currently nearing a new body style. I'm not sure how important being in a "newer" looking car is to you. The new G IPL is rumored to be getting a power plant similar to the GTR, but again that's another unknown.

Ultimately it's what you like that counts, there are plenty of mods to make the G faster, louder, etc... but almost nothing in the realm of making it more luxurious on the inside. Make sure you thoroughly test an S model before purchase as the seats are somewhat hard and uncomfortable for a larger frame (per your mention of issues with the g35).
Maserati Gran Turismo rip off ...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Did you forget about the Lexus LFA? Or something you just do not want?

0.60 3.6 202 Top MPH ,550HP? If I have $$$ to burn ,I would look at this, I still havent seen one, All you other cars I see almost everyday? Just a thought.

Lexus LFA 2012
Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Did you forget about the Lexus LFA? Or something you just do not want?

0.60 3.6 202 Top MPH ,550HP? If I have $$$ to burn ,I would look at this, I still havent seen one, All you other cars I see almost everyday? Just a thought.

Lexus LFA 2012
LOL..come on now. He posted some cars around the 100k range and stated 135k in his post. I'm sure almost tripling his price point is within his budget for the 375,000$ vehicle..

What about a used Aston Martin DBS? Man those things are so nice, classy, and sporty all in one.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 08-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Try PMing Trincap, not sure if he's still active, but is one of the few (if not only) supercar connoisseur's on this board. He had a G convertible, but gets a new Ferrari every 3 months it seems like as well as many other incredibly nice cars.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...g37s-vert.html

Quick Reply: Test Drive