G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyway I can decode a VIN and see what features the car has?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Royalty
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyway I can decode a VIN and see what features the car has?

Hello all Names Royalty,
I'm looking to become an official G-man in the next few weeks and I think i found my car. Its on auto trader so I see a few features but I don't know all the bells and whistles the car has.

The have pics and a brief description but nothing like a "professional" ebay listing.
Is there any way the VIN can be used to tell what all the car has?

Thanks and I'll be a G soon!

The G for me!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Its a Journey with out Tech or nav package but has the sports package which includes the BBks, stiffer sways, 19inch rims and the rear spoiler.

Now dont quote me on that.

BTW, I think its over priced.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:46 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^^^ close. It is a journey because of the auto and has the sport and luxury package. But the sport package includes 19" wheels, bbk, sport seats, stiffer sways/suspension, sport front bumper, etc. Spoiler is a factory option. Luxury package comes with moon roof, bose stereo etc.

But i do agree it is a little over priced. Thats what i paid for mine about a year ago.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 PM
AnJing408

way overpriced. A fair price would be about $22k-$23.5k at most. I personally wouldn't pay anything over $22k for it.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Royalty
Registered Member

Thanks everyone. From what you all have stated i know what to look for to tell what package it has (sport & luxury).

How do I tell if a car has the Tech or Nav package (or even 4WAS) from pictures? As i continue to shop of course.

The Nav/Tech package are deal breakers for me.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Royalty
Thanks everyone. From what you all have stated i know what to look for to tell what package it has (sport & luxury).

How do I tell if a car has the Tech or Nav package (or even 4WAS) from pictures? As i continue to shop of course.

The Nav/Tech package are deal breakers for me.
So as not to confuse you since you are new to this, it's called the Premium package, not Luxury. If a car has the Technology package, it will have an extra button on the right side of the lower steering wheel spoke to control the Intelligent Cruise Control and an extra button on the lower console beside and the steering wheel (down and to the left near the VDC button) that turns the AFS headlight feature on or off. In addition there is a very conspicuous rectangular cutout in the center lower grille for the sensor. All cars equipped with the Tech Package also have the Navigation Package but not necessarily vice versa. Cars equipped with Navigation will have a button on the lower left beneath the screen that says "MAP" whereas non nave cars don't have this.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
So are all G37S models considered journeys model? I thought g37s is in its own category.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
So are all G37S models considered journeys model? I thought g37s is in its own category.
A G37 Sport is only available in 6MT. If you see an automatic with an S badge, it means it is a Journey with the Sport package.

Also, I agree with the previous posters that the listed car is way overpriced. I paid that price a year and a half ago for an 08 with the same features, and only 23k miles.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe Models and Pricing | Infiniti USA Official Site
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Royalty
Registered Member

Thank you all so very much. I feel educated and confident now. I'll update the forums as my search continues.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
solarg37

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
just paid 23k for my red 2008 g37s sport package and tech package with 34k miles

these cars are a dime a dozen nothing really special or rare about them take your time they are all over the place,

there also very popular lease cars so most of them for 2008 have the same milage on them coming off there leases
Old 08-07-2012, 03:18 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
A G37 Sport is only available in 6MT. If you see an automatic with an S badge, it means it is a Journey with the Sport package.

Also, I agree with the previous posters that the listed car is way overpriced. I paid that price a year and a half ago for an 08 with the same features, and only 23k miles.
I did not know this. Thanks, I thought the G37 Sport came in both 6MT and Auto. Didn't know it was just a Journey with the sport package.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
Semantics aside, how is a 6mt different from a journey with the sport package, other than having an a manual trans instead of the automatic.

It was my understand that the two are identical in every way except for transmission (be it a coupe or sedan).
Old 08-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Royalty
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So as not to confuse you since you are new to this, it's called the Premium package, not Luxury. If a car has the Technology package, it will have an extra button on the right side of the lower steering wheel spoke to control the Intelligent Cruise Control and an extra button on the lower console beside and the steering wheel (down and to the left near the VDC button) that turns the AFS headlight feature on or off. In addition there is a very conspicuous rectangular cutout in the center lower grille for the sensor. All cars equipped with the Tech Package also have the Navigation Package but not necessarily vice versa. Cars equipped with Navigation will have a button on the lower left beneath the screen that says "MAP" whereas non nave cars don't have this.
ok kinda like this?

I can see it has nav abviously but is that lil white button on the right of the wheel what you are talking about?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

No. Like this:

This is the AFS switch exclusive to the Tech Pkg.

This is the ICC grille cutout:

Quick Reply: Anyway I can decode a VIN and see what features the car has?