G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anything I could've done differently?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 PM
winkerbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Anything I could've done differently?

Today I dropped my G off early morning to get a new pair of catalytic converters dropped in since the old ones had a broken weld seam. I got a call from the service advisor telling me the cats dropped in fine except one of their tools slipped and fell on my fender. left a chip about the size of your pinky finger nail. Now of course it's going to the body shop to get the chip repaired, and I should get a loaner car and we all live happily ever after, right? wrong. Because of my age i'm not eligible for a loaner, and I don't get my car back for 2 days. Anyways I drop my car off on monday to start the work but im wondering if asking for anything to compensate me (besides just fixing the chip) for a problem they created in the first place would be too much? I mean i'm out off a car for a bit and they weren't able to accomadate me in that sense.

Picture of the chip, over the phone they said it was on the passenger side fender and it is but its right near the hood aswell

On the plus side, the sales advisor said it was the thickest Infiniti paint job he's ever seen because "on any other Infiniti it would have chipped right down to the metal".
Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Fire0nIc3

Nice of the dealership to live up to their mistake. Just tell one of your parents to go and sign off the loaner for you simple as that.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:21 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Sucks. See if you can get a platinum wash or whatever your dealer may call that package. It's basically a full detail and wax. Working at a dealer there's not a whole lot else we could do. At least they owned up to it. How old are you? And I agree. Have your one of your parents go sign for the loaner lol. Just don't get in an accident.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
They admitted to it and they're fixing it...nothing much more they can do. Accidents happen.

You're out of luck with the loaner...even if your parents sign for it, you can't drive it...and if you do, and something happens, your responsible for it. Not worth it
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
What extra are you trying to get out of this? While it is their fault the chip happened, and they are doing right by owning up to it and fixing it, it is not their fault you don't qualify for a loaner. I suppose they could have offered you bus fare?
In life crap happens but that doesn't mean everyone is entitled to be greedy.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 AM
AnJing408

don't be greedy, just be happy they admit if was their fault and offer to fix it. I bet if it was a different dealership they would say it was already there. It's not their fault that you're not old enough for a loaner.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
juicybusa

What the hell were they doing with wrenches in that area anyway? The cats are under the freaking car!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
another question is how did it fell on the fender while the car was suppose to be up in the rack?

I hope they're repainting your whole fender and not just some touching up.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:45 PM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
You might want to mention that they're saving money not having to pony up a loaner, and you're out as you've lost transportation for a couple days, so how about a few car washes and oil changes? It never hurts to ask, and I'm guessing they do feel bad for damaging your vehicle. I don't think that's being greedy, it's just fair compensation.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 AM
winkerbean

Thanks guys for the input. I wasn't looking for how I could rain hell upon them, get something extra, or trying to be greedy, fair compensation is all. I appreciate they owned up to it. I mostly didn't want to seem like a pushover in their eyes, seeing as i'm mostly sure i'll be buying a car or two from them in the future. And not being a pushover in a vehicle buying situation helps alot I would think.

Originally Posted by XCoop
You might want to mention that they're saving money not having to pony up a loaner, and you're out as you've lost transportation for a couple days, so how about a few car washes and oil changes? It never hurts to ask, and I'm guessing they do feel bad for damaging your vehicle. I don't think that's being greedy, it's just fair compensation.
This guy gets it.

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
another question is how did it fell on the fender while the car was suppose to be up in the rack?

I hope they're repainting your whole fender and not just some touching up.
Probably repainting, it wouldn't take two days to go at it with a touch up pen.

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Sucks. See if you can get a platinum wash or whatever your dealer may call that package. It's basically a full detail and wax. Working at a dealer there's not a whole lot else we could do. At least they owned up to it. How old are you? And I agree. Have your one of your parents go sign for the loaner lol. Just don't get in an accident.
I'm 18. Thanks for the dealer input, I'll shoot for the detail.

Anyways i'll go in monday and let you guys know what happens.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 PM
stealth210

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too young for a loaner? That sounds suspect of them. I bought an 03 SVT Cobra and was just a tick under 20 and had no issues getting a loaner each time I went in for service.

Anyway, good luck with the repair. At least they owned up to it.