G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fast Intentions arrived and Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
im running the FI exhaust with motordyne art pipes and there is definetely a hiss when i take my foot off the gas to slow down for example.
it is very noticable with the windows down. with the windows up and music playing i dont hear it at all.

pretty sure the hiss was not present with just the exhaust(or it is was there it was very mild) I started hearing it only after adding the test pipes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
datboiroy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That "hiss" is normal. I had it on my Ark + Berk setup. My friends thought I was boosted cause it sounded like a BOV lol. I had contacted Tony when I was looking at the FI exhaust and he told me that the VQ motor generates that "hiss" and it can not be deleted.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
QCityFinest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by datboiroy
That "hiss" is normal. I had it on my Ark + Berk setup. My friends thought I was boosted cause it sounded like a BOV lol. I had contacted Tony when I was looking at the FI exhaust and he told me that the VQ motor generates that "hiss" and it can not be deleted.

I just got off the phone with him and he told me exactly that.. Said the motor generates that sound with stock setup but not as loud bc of stock Cats...basically more back pressure... Like he said some people like it and some can't live with it.. I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to crawl back under my car lol! Not to get off topic but I know a lot of people were curious about this.. Thanks for all the love on my set up though!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by QCityFinest
I just got off the phone with him and he told me exactly that.. Said the motor generates that sound with stock setup but not as loud bc of stock Cats...basically more back pressure... Like he said some people like it and some can't live with it.. I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to crawl back under my car lol! Not to get off topic but I know a lot of people were curious about this.. Thanks for all the love on my set up though!
So you're running stock catalytic converters, 18" resonated test pipes, and the FI exhaust system?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
QCityFinest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, the resonated test pipes replace the catalytic converters.... Cats are gone
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yea that's what I was thinking lol. At first I was like huh...? But anyways, thanks!