G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My car is being totaled wtf progrerssive!!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 02:57 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelebron
Take heed.. It will have that the car was salvaged on the carfax report... Be prepared to lose huge value if you decide to trade it in... Dealers won't even take it on a trade with this on the carfax. I know for fact as a friend is going through this right now on his slk. No dealer wants to touch it.

If you don't mind it then make sure salvage cost is low enough to cover damage you have not found.
Like I said, when ure buying back the car at salvage value ure prolly paying like 10-15k.. So say they total ur car at 30k. U rebuilt the car to original condition, spent like 3k.

Now is good as new. U drive the car until u decide to sell several years later. Sell the car for like 10k.. Look at how much money u lost over the years. This is actually good news.

Of course I'm not saying the prices I state are accurate. But I know from first hand, my friend did the same with his car. At the time he sold his salvage car,i think he pocketed some money. Wtf right
Old 09-24-2011, 03:01 PM
TCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, i m not working for any insurance companies lol.

Any insurance is the same...Seriously, there's no such thing as "Oh this insurance is good... Oh this insurance sucks..."
I worked at a body shop and have dealt with insurances before... Most of the time, it depends on the inside adjuster handling your case and the field adjuster that inspect your car.
The insurance can be small, but if the people working on your case are nice, then everything will be smooth...
Progressive, farmers, state farm, mercury, geico.... blaaahhh. I did went crazy before for big companies like Farmers because of the way they do things...

But anyway, water damage on ur seat?? I guess its not that much?? because usually water damage interior usually leads to total loss straight away. @@
Old 09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
cy7878

Originally Posted by TCI
First off, i m not working for any insurance companies lol.

Any insurance is the same...Seriously, there's no such thing as "Oh this insurance is good... Oh this insurance sucks..."
I worked at a body shop and have dealt with insurances before... Most of the time, it depends on the inside adjuster handling your case and the field adjuster that inspect your car.
The insurance can be small, but if the people working on your case are nice, then everything will be smooth...
Progressive, farmers, state farm, mercury, geico.... blaaahhh. I did went crazy before for big companies like Farmers because of the way they do things...

But anyway, water damage on ur seat?? I guess its not that much?? because usually water damage interior usually leads to total loss straight away. @@

Water is always bad new. The moldy smell will probably require a complete stripe down of the interior, not to mention the chance of electrical damages that you may or may not have....

Insurance co are scums, no question. They will do anything to pay less or none at all. The fact that offered to salvage a car probably means the they something you don't know.......
Old 09-24-2011, 04:04 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
I'll have to disagree with this statement.

I have had State Farm for most of my adult life and can say they have excellent service when it comes to claims...auto and home...have never had a problem with either...I have even been surprised how well they took care of me a couple of times.
Sorry you disagree, you have been lucky. Had allstate & dropped them.
You have no clue how many times had to deal with some slimebag adjuster, who is just trying to saved a few $ @ my expense.
Since my policy has an endorsement to cover aftermarket equipment.
Im currently out over 2k, from my last encounter.
Last adjuster didnt know the diff between base or sport model, had to correct his mistake.
Insurance is supposed to cover you in the event of damage, etc.
Most duck, dodge, dip &.dive's claims.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
AllentownG37

Originally Posted by xlack
this is good news actually. Total it, take the money, buy it back as salvage. Buy some used seats. And BAM, money in ur pocket and ur car good as new!
If you choose to do this, I hope you plan on driving the car into the ground or trading it in, as I highly doubt you'll be able to sell it for anything with a salvaged title. Just food for thought.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Skates
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AllentownG37
If you choose to do this, I hope you plan on driving the car into the ground or trading it in, as I highly doubt you'll be able to sell it for anything with a salvaged title. Just food for thought.
Everyone seems to think that, but surprisingly there is a very big market out there for salvaged cars. **** you can clean the titles through Indiana if you wanted too...
Old 09-24-2011, 07:14 PM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
Sorry you disagree, you have been lucky. Had allstate & dropped them.
You have no clue how many times had to deal with some slimebag adjuster, who is just trying to saved a few $ @ my expense.
Since my policy has an endorsement to cover aftermarket equipment.
Im currently out over 2k, from my last encounter.
Last adjuster didnt know the diff between base or sport model, had to correct his mistake.
Insurance is supposed to cover you in the event of damage, etc.
Most duck, dodge, dip &.dive's claims.
I'm not sure Id call it lucky. Since 16 years old, I've had insurance for autos and homes with State Farm for almost 30 years.
During that time I've had 14 autos insured and 4 homes insured.
I've had to make auto claims 4 times, and homes claims 2 times.
Never once did State Farm try to screw me over in any way for my auto or home claims.
Once for hail damage on a car, I got more from State Farm than I expected and they gave me check on the spot. Another time for an uninsured motorist claim, State Farm was all over it making sure I was taken care of from the day of the accident and made sure everything was done to my satisfaction before getting my car back while I had a rental for 2 weeks.
On a home claim for hail, they were out immediately to look at my roof the next day. Told me how much I would get and it was so much, I was able to get it done cheaper than what they would pay.
Their representatives are always friendly and keep in touch about my insurance needs on a regular basis. I get big discounts for having multiple cars and a home covered with them.
I've had 5 different agents over the years because I have lived in 3 different states and every one of them has treated me well.
I'm not so sure I would call it lucky...

Last edited by tejasg37x; 09-24-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 PM
AllentownG37

Originally Posted by Skates
Everyone seems to think that, but surprisingly there is a very big market out there for salvaged cars. **** you can clean the titles through Indiana if you wanted too...
Interesting. I could see one purchasing a salvaged title for parts, but do you mean there's a market for people looking to buy salvaged titles for their daily-drivers, or weekend cars? I'd have a hard time believing that. Personally, I wouldn't want one; way too many phantoms to chase there.

As for cleaning titles, I'd have serious questions about the legality of doing that -- seems a bit like the old 'rolling back the odometer' trick to me, but I don't profess to know anything about the legal ramifications of such things.

$0.02.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
WOW sorry man, I have Progressive( Best price where I am). I have had two claims with them and had no issues at all. Even had I uninsurred and NO licsense driver hit me. Fixed my car no problem. I also have home owners INS with them and perfect service..

But your issue think about it " Mold" can make you or others sick, You could even go to the hospital. Look at all the homes that have beem gutter or people have moved out of becasue of mold.. If I was them I woulfd total it also.... Like others said if you really want it take the $$$ and buy it back..But with water/mold damage I would not want it.I understand the whole water/mold maybe there fault also. But ;/

Just my .02.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by AllentownG37
Interesting. I could see one purchasing a salvaged title for parts, but do you mean there's a market for people looking to buy salvaged titles for their daily-drivers, or weekend cars? I'd have a hard time believing that. Personally, I wouldn't want one; way too many phantoms to chase there.

As for cleaning titles, I'd have serious questions about the legality of doing that -- seems a bit like the old 'rolling back the odometer' trick to me, but I don't profess to know anything about the legal ramifications of such things.

$0.02.
Down here in Miami their is a Huge Market for salvaged cars. People fix them and either keep them or sell them. Believe it or not, some people vow to never buy a new/used car again because of the money they save. Of course their is always a risk but they really don't care. I have a friend who bought a 07 Maxima about 2 yrs ago w/ a rebuilt title. The car only had 20k miles and was flawless. You would never know the car was wrecked had he not told you. He still has the car to this day. Personally I will not take that type of risk but their are many people who will. There is even a website for people who want to buy Salvaged or wrecked cars. CASMIAMI.com
Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
mikelebron

Well.. to add this I was also one of those affected by the hail storm in NY... I was in New Hyde Park when it destroyed my BMW 3 series coupe... I had the repairs done by BMW... came out to about 11k worth of damage - I would have loved for them to total the car out since it was a lease... Anyway.... my lease is almost up and now a proud owner of a G37...

If my car was paid off or was still paying it off its a tough decision... but its a matter of math... Do you have enough capital to buy out the salavage car, repair it and have enough at the end to perform additional repairs. Keep in mind you wont know exactly all the damage until the car is ripped apart... I am not a good enough kind of person so I would want it all repaired... OR is is just better off to just take the same money and put it towards a new car???
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM
mikelebron

Well.. to add this I was also one of those affected by the hail storm in NY... I was in New Hyde Park when it destroyed my BMW 3 series coupe... I had the repairs done by BMW... came out to about 11k worth of damage - I would have loved for them to total the car out since it was a lease... Anyway.... my lease is almost up and now a proud owner of a G37...

If my car was paid off or was still paying it off its a tough decision... but its a matter of math... Do you have enough capital to buy out the salavage car, repair it and have enough at the end to perform additional repairs. Keep in mind you wont know exactly all the damage until the car is ripped apart... I am not a good enough kind of person so I would want it all repaired... OR is is just better off to just take the same money and put it towards a new car???
Old 09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
I'm not sure Id call it lucky. Since 16 years old, I've had insurance for autos and homes with State Farm for almost 30 years.
During that time I've had 14 autos insured and 4 homes insured.
I've had to make auto claims 4 times, and homes claims 2 times.
Never once did State Farm try to screw me over in any way for my auto or home claims.
Once for hail damage on a car, I got more from State Farm than I expected and they gave me check on the spot. Another time for an uninsured motorist claim, State Farm was all over it making sure I was taken care of from the day of the accident and made sure everything was done to my satisfaction before getting my car back while I had a rental for 2 weeks.
On a home claim for hail, they were out immediately to look at my roof the next day. Told me how much I would get and it was so much, I was able to get it done cheaper than what they would pay.
Their representatives are always friendly and keep in touch about my insurance needs on a regular basis. I get big discounts for having multiple cars and a home covered with them.
I've had 5 different agents over the years because I have lived in 3 different states and every one of them has treated me well.
I'm not so sure I would call it lucky...
For the record im only 5 years younger than you,so I have been around.

Same insurance company for 25+ years, no wonder. You are the ones they bank on 4 cars & 14 houses with the same insurance company.

News flash
You have been an atm for the insurance company,with only just 2 claims in all that time.

first off, you were hit by an UNINSURD MOTORIST.
All policies charge you for this coverage,that is also why they "went after them" they sure as **** were not gonna eat the claim. It's not like they can prented nothing happened.When someone has no insurance & is involved any m.v.a, they (the person without insurance is 100% liable for any & all damages)

your 2nd claim was hail damages, (an act of nature) again, they are obligated to pay or subject themselves to costly litagation. Bad faith claims from storm damages are wreaking havoc on the insurance industry.

If you knew what I knew, you would not be so blind to how they operate.

bTW,I was a claims manager for overseeing a fleet of trucks, I have seen the underwriting of some of the polices that trucking companies have no choice,since the policy is written by lawyers. Then they have to file a claim on to be ripped off by insurance on claims. Some so bad, it wiped them out. Once we had to deny a claim of an elderly woman because she didnt note the damages on delivery.(eventhough it would be covered under concealed damage) All of her furniture & family heirlooms were destroyed. That was the final straw for me, I couldn't live with what this low down insurance company did, & ins co threatend her with legal action if she persisted on this claim. My Boss cut her a check for $10k, out of his own pocket so she wouldnt end up homeless with nothing. He kept telling me, imagine that was your mom/grandma? what would you do?

Over the last 10 years,the property/causalty insurace industry has enjoyed average profits of over $30 BILLION a year. The Life/Health
side of the insurance industry has averaged another $30 BILLION.

CEO's of the top 10 property/causalty firms earned an average of $8.9 MILLION in payment/stock options.

How do you think this is possible, because people just like you blindly just pay a bill & dont care unless the rate increases or something bad happens.

Insurance is the only product or service, that you pay for yet gives you nothing. Think they give you a policy or "promise" to fix damages. Yet when it comes time to pay, look out.

Please learn about the ins & outs as you may end up a victim of insurance greed.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 09-26-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 AM
stormgate

i have progressive for my motorcycle insurance (liberty mutual for my cars... but it was too expensive to use them for motorcycles)... i've had one claim with them... and they were great! sorry you are having a bad experience.

i would agree with most on this one though. ask them to work a deal where you keep the car. try to work it so they don't put a salvaged title on it... if you do though, turn it into a race car and get yourself a daily driver.

otherwise... let them total it and get yourself a spanking new car! remember... when we die... the money doesn't go with us... you might as well enjoy what you work for!

good luck, bro.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Kirkules

If you love the car, the only mold is the back seat & the issue is not being able to find a good used rear seat, why not just pay the difference and get a new rear seat?

Quick Reply: My car is being totaled wtf progrerssive!!?!?