G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What can I do with 1000$ to spend on my '08 G37 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Aismail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up What can I do with 1000$ to spend on my '08 G37 coupe?

Hi guys. I just got an '08 G37 coupe automatic transmission with sports package, premium package, and navigation package (check out the pictures in my garage). I'm looking to spend a few bucks on it, let's say no more than 1000$, but i'm not into speed so much as I am into drifting and handling, so i'm definitely thinking of sway bars, and also I'm looking more into what I can do to let the engine "breathe" better, such as intakes, possibly the K&N typhoon. What are your thoughts? What can I do from A to Z? and what brands should I get? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 AM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Depending on the condition of your tires pick up a fresh set. I upgraded to 245/40 in the front and 275/35 in the rear, they fit fine on OEM 19, and the handling is amazing, but my fronts were getting bald before so that may be why I'm seeing such a great increase in handling.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Hotchki sways and Stillen Gen3 intakes will put you back about $1k. That should be a good start.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Sway bars and upgraded brake pads and lines...
Old 06-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by WPPJR30

Sway bars and upgraded brake pads and lines...

Hahaha picture win! +1 on the sway bars and I would recommend springs ASAP.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Aismail

WPPJR30, GREAT PIC!! :P

1. Well my tires are still fine, and it's summer anyway so there's no need to change them before winter rain starts :P I still have the factory 225 in the front and 245 in the back, but i'm thinking when i change them to upgrade to 245 and 275 like u said ricbel.

2. As for the sway bars, i'm definitely thinking of that. Are Hotchki's the best?

3. Intake, i heard the K&N typhoon are good, are the Stillen Gen3 better? i've been reading a lot of ppl here saying they have those ...

4. As for brake pads, i think i have the normal factory ones, should i upgrade them to the R spec high friction brake pads sold at the infiniti company or do u have any others brands in mind?

5. And what about the springs? which ones should i get?!?

I feel like all of that's gonna set me off a lot more than $1k haha Thanks a lot for ur help guys!!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
The typhoon is a short ram intake. The Stillen Gen 3 uses the K&N cone filters, but the tubes are longer. It's a cold air intake.

Regarding suspension. I would say get coilovers, but if you must have springs to hold you out the Tein S Techs and Eibach Pro Kit are probably the best two choices depending on how aggressive you want your drop. H&R springs also have a good rep on here.

Hotchkis are a good choice for your sway bars. I believe they are the only adjustable ones.

Appearance wise, lowering is a must. Lowering and wheels are probably the easiest way to improve the appearance of your car.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:37 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
And I didn't see any pics in your garage.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:58 PM
voltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're looking at the Stillen Gen 3's, also look at the Injen CAI. I had to weigh the pros and cons of both and think I settled on the Injen because a few people were talking about some sort of rattling issue with the Stillens. Either way, they're both solid intakes with good gains.

I can't give you much of an opinion on differences between sway bars, but I love my Hotchkis. It's like the difference between driving a Cadillac (or a yacht) and a sports car.

If you're that into handling, skip the springs and wait to get yourself some coilovers.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by breftayka
The typhoon is a short ram intake. The Stillen Gen 3 uses the K&N cone filters, but the tubes are longer. It's a cold air intake.

Regarding suspension. I would say get coilovers, but if you must have springs to hold you out the Tein S Techs and Eibach Pro Kit are probably the best two choices depending on how aggressive you want your drop. H&R springs also have a good rep on here.

Hotchkis are a good choice for your sway bars. I believe they are the only adjustable ones.

Appearance wise, lowering is a must. Lowering and wheels are probably the easiest way to improve the appearance of your car.
Originally Posted by Aismail
WPPJR30, GREAT PIC!! :P

1. Well my tires are still fine, and it's summer anyway so there's no need to change them before winter rain starts :P I still have the factory 225 in the front and 245 in the back, but i'm thinking when i change them to upgrade to 245 and 275 like u said ricbel.

2. As for the sway bars, i'm definitely thinking of that. Are Hotchki's the best?

3. Intake, i heard the K&N typhoon are good, are the Stillen Gen3 better? i've been reading a lot of ppl here saying they have those ...

4. As for brake pads, i think i have the normal factory ones, should i upgrade them to the R spec high friction brake pads sold at the infiniti company or do u have any others brands in mind?

5. And what about the springs? which ones should i get?!?

I feel like all of that's gonna set me off a lot more than $1k haha Thanks a lot for ur help guys!!
Originally Posted by voltic
If you're looking at the Stillen Gen 3's, also look at the Injen CAI. I had to weigh the pros and cons of both and think I settled on the Injen because a few people were talking about some sort of rattling issue with the Stillens. Either way, they're both solid intakes with good gains.

I can't give you much of an opinion on differences between sway bars, but I love my Hotchkis. It's like the difference between driving a Cadillac (or a yacht) and a sports car.

If you're that into handling, skip the springs and wait to get yourself some coilovers.
+1 . If your budget was more I would have recommended coils instead, but go sways and I heard about the rattling issue with the Gen 3s. I remember reading a thread here that someone was able to house the tubing with some type of product that they bought from home depot and the problem was solved. I think it depends on how you install the intakes.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Aismail

And I didn't see any pics in your garage.
Sorry, something went wrong when i uploaded the pics .. they're up now u can see them!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Eibach sways are adjustable front and rear
Old 06-19-2011, 01:42 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hahaha picture win! +1 on the sway bars and I would recommend springs ASAP.
+1 on that!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Aismail

What size wheels do u suggest? i have 225 and 245 front and back, most ppl tell me to upgrade to 245 and 275 (or 265 at least to keep 20 difference in between) ... as for lowering i'm not sure about that, i wish, but in my country the roads don't exactly encourage u to do that! we have a lot of speed bumps and the asphalt isn't the best quality!! :P What about the brake pads guys? are the brembo really worth 3000$ as opposed to infiniti's R spec high friction brake pads that cost 1/5th the amount? and _ant_ i love ur car, since i got the 08 i don't have the extra fog lights, but i'm considering whether it's worth adding them to change the look, and possibly getting those "iron man" lights! but i wanna work on the handling n the tuning more than the looks for now ..
Old 06-19-2011, 04:03 PM
btran104

at 275 is too wide for a 9inch width wheel...it will fit but prob looks retarded

Quick Reply: What can I do with 1000$ to spend on my '08 G37 coupe?