Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

private property car accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
g37cam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
It is a good idea to keep a camera in your car, or use your cell phone, to take several pictures of the complete accident scene, including their license tag. It is fairly common for the person at fault to admit and apologize at the scene, but shortly after that their stories change and they try and blame it on the victim.
I took a bunch of pictures with my phone!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM
g37cam

Ok, I filed a claim today with the girls insurance and the lady told me to fax the report to her and she will call me tomorrow with her decision.

Here is a pic of the report

private property car accident-zo9ex.jpg
I'm vehicle #2
If you can't read it on the picture it says:
"Vehicle 1 was backing out of a parking space at the restaurant at Ferry Rd.
Vehicle 2 drove behind vehicle 1 and was struck in the driver's door. "

The red circle I put on there with paint is where my car actually was, but the cop for some reason put my vehicle in the wrong lane. Do you think her insurance is going to man up and pay for my car?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Idk what her insurance would do. With the way that report looks, they'll probably say ur at fault for being on the wrong lane. You need to contact that cop and have him/her make the corrections. Insurance companies will always try to get out of claims and that police report gives them a valid point not to pay up. Good luck!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
s2ktoEvo

You might be hosed on this one, they may decide to call it "No fault". If your car was parked, it would be all on her. They'll make the case that you should have seen her starting to back out and stopped. Her insurance company is going to argue a lot on this one to avoid payment.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
g37cam

My car was not parked, I was leaving the parking lot when she struck me.

Here is a picture that I snapped. She was driving the jeep on the left. After she hit me she pulled back into the parking spot.

private property car accident-e6xvi.jpg

I was coming up from where the arrow is and turning left to exit the parking lot.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
gooddeal

I don't mean to be hard on you but I think you should be more responsible since you should see her backing out. She didn't know that you were going to turn left and probably even cut into the opposite lane.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:00 PM
g37cam

Originally Posted by gooddeal
I don't mean to be hard on you but I think you should be more responsible since you should see her backing out. She didn't know that you were going to turn left and probably even cut into the opposite lane.

Dude, she was highly intoxicated. She has to yield to me, I don't have to yield to her. Damn cop didn't arrest her because it was private property. And also she didnt start backing up until I was behind her.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:01 PM
s2ktoEvo

then the cop screwed up. You cannot operate a motor vehicle intoxicated, private property or not.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 PM
g37cam

^^True... So, If you guys were her insurance company and saw this report. Who would you blame?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
The Jewbag

Wait...

are you for cereal?

Why would you not take down her insurance information from the get go? That's highly irresponsible and just plain stupid.

Either way, good luck now that you have a claim.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by g37cam
State is Georgia. Cobb County to be exact. I just hope her insurance info will be on the police report... If it is not, then I will hire a private investigator or go to the DMV or something. But it should be on there.
Been there done that.... In Cobb County as well. My car was totalled on private party and it was obvious the lady that caused the accident was at at fault. She even admitted to the officers. Her insurance company declined liability. My insurance company ended up winning in court but it was a painful process.

I will just say... Pray for the best but get ready for the worst.

Best of luck.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:10 AM
g37cam

Thanks for the replys guys!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Gobbler Man

I had two instances of being ran into in parking lots in GA (different counties, but around ATL). I also had this happen in VA, where I currently live. Each time I was told it was private property. The cops did not have to come out. So, I never had a police report. In each case, the other persons story changes just enough to put the whole thing off.

In one, I had completely backed out of a spot. Had the car in drive. Honked three times. The person continued to back up and rammed right into my car (rear driver side door). By the time it was, the other driver claimed we were both backing out at the same time.

Luckily, this has never happened to my in my G. Once my Prizm. Never fixed that. Once in an Eclipse and another in a jeep.