Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 PM
TripleBlack37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?

Hang with me a second, I'm not trolling. I own a black coupe myself.

After reading a lot of threads here, and seeing quite a few coupes where I live, I'm beginning to wonder if the stereotypes about us are correct.

Among other communities such as Vette, Audi S, even Jeep, they all wave and smile at each other... I've owned the car for a year and a half and have yet to have another G acknowledge my wave or flash of headlights. I've been sitting at stop lights next to another coupe while the driver stares ahead...

Not to mention nearly every one I see is doing the gangster lean with his hand draped over the steering wheel...

That brings me to this community which seems to be filled with kids who had the car purchased for them that have no concept of the difference between breaks and brakes... And the overall atmosphere...

Not trying to bait but has anyone else had a different or similar experience? It certainly leaves me a bit cold toward the brand and it's community, at least here in the NOVA area.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I feel ya, a g35 juice pass by me the other day, rly seemed like he wanted to race or some shyt...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
swordsman54

Yea, I know what you're saying man. Even around the rest of VA, I have driven past plenty of Gs that don't acknowledge waves. They usually look away if a 37 or rev their engine is a 35. It is pretty funny though sometimes...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
TripleBlack37S

Hah, you guys are right... I forgot that I've been passed or revved at by a few 35's... It's a shame bc there are certain aspects about their cars that I like more than mine!!

I just like to feel a sense of community and it seems really lacking with G owners. My gf thinks I'm nuts btw. Lol "why are you waving at other cars?!"
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Calgarywinger

Not to argue with you but here in Calgary Infiniti is more common than Honda. I work downtown and see litteraly dozens of all types, FX, Gs, sedans, etc. Demographicaly, every age from 20 to 60+, every ethnic persuation, males or females. If I waved at all these cars my arm would fall off + I feel zero kinship to these people. Just another luxury vehicle in Boomtown.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by TripleBlack37S
That brings me to this community which seems to be filled with kids who had the car purchased for them that have no concept of the difference between breaks and brakes... And the overall atmosphere...
I dont know if you have gotten a chance to use the search tool, but alot of people on this forum/ community you speak of have posted amazing reveiws/DIY/and other information that is very helpful to other G owners like myself. I dont go out of my way to make myself nocited by other G owners but I have had a couple of G owners in my area come up to me at a gas station or whever im at and comment on my car. Just because people with vettes-jeeps or whatever do it doesnt me us G owners have to either. I hope you find this forum/community helpful because I sure have!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
TripleBlack37S

Originally Posted by Calgarywinger
Not to argue with you but here in Calgary Infiniti is more common than Honda. I work downtown and see litteraly dozens of all types, FX, Gs, sedans, etc. Demographicaly, every age from 20 to 60+, every ethnic persuation, males or females. If I waved at all these cars my arm would fall off + I feel zero kinship to these people. Just another luxury vehicle in Boomtown.
I hear you. There are a billion infinitis around DC. I just mean coupe drivers. I (wrongfully) assumed we are all car fanatics. I guess it's just another car to mist people in affluent areas.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
I dont know if you have gotten a chance to use the search tool, but alot of people on this forum/ community you speak of have posted amazing reveiws/DIY/and other information that is very helpful to other G owners like myself. I dont go out of my way to make myself nocited by other G owners but I have had a couple of G owners in my area come up to me at a gas station or whever im at and comment on my car. Just because people with vettes-jeeps or whatever do it doesnt me us G owners have to either. I hope you find this forum/community helpful because I sure have!
+1 and for the record, the only jeep owners that wave at eachother are the Wrangler's..

You don't ever see Liberty, Compass, Grand Cherokee and Patriot owners going out of their way to wave at eachother.

Volkswagon and porsche (in my opinion) are the only car brands that you will see lights flash or waves among MOST versions of their cars..

As said before, here in NY infiniti's are extremely common, it would be a little silly to be waving and flashing your lights all the time..

A "modded" infiniti however i will without a doubt flash my lights at.. reason being is it is slightly different then average.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
TripleBlack37S

@dmf I'm not bashing this forum. Just saying that there are about half really good posts and half poorly written posts from kids asking if they can put regular gas in the car... It's a strange mix.

Off topic: Are you TT'd?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@dmf I'm not bashing this forum. Just saying that there are about half really good posts and half poorly written posts from kids asking if they can put regular gas in the car... It's a strange mix.

Agree with you on that. I think it's because this is a car that is owned by people from 17-67.. There will be more younger folks frequently posting on a forum..
Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hang with me a second, I'm not trolling. I own a black coupe myself.

After reading a lot of threads here, and seeing quite a few coupes where I live, I'm beginning to wonder if the stereotypes about us are correct.

Among other communities such as Vette, Audi S, even Jeep, they all wave and smile at each other... I've owned the car for a year and a half and have yet to have another G acknowledge my wave or flash of headlights. I've been sitting at stop lights next to another coupe while the driver stares ahead...

Not to mention nearly every one I see is doing the gangster lean with his hand draped over the steering wheel...

Not trying to bait but has anyone else had a different or similar experience? It certainly leaves me a bit cold toward the brand and it's community, at least here in the NOVA area.
Indeed! no love for infiniti...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
zir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
35s revs at me, first 37 i saw (lowered, painted colgate white stock sport wheels) revved and flew by me... i'm just tryin' to make some friends, they ain't letting me tho lol! but anyway. don't lose hope, im a g driver and i will smile and wave at a fellow g driver, actually anyone. i'm just a happy person
Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti's are a little more rare where I live, and I've attempted to get the attention of multiple coupe owners and have been ignored every time. I think the simple matter is most people who drive infiniti's are not enthusiasts like us, they just drive them as a luxury car. For instance, I highly doubt BMW owners wave at each other all the time, they are just too common.

In the future I will keep my waving to modified Infiniti's.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:47 PM
DmfG37sTT

Yes I' am. But your going to find that any forum you get on. People may ask stupid questions but its our job to inform them since we have a bit more knowledge about the car. I have to say when I first bought my G I had a ton of stupid questions, but its all for a good cause. But welcome to the forums and enjoy your G for you own reasons and not other peoples reasons.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM
TripleBlack37S

I certainly enjoy the car. I'm just referring to the community aspect. I grew up around car guys and always felt a sense of comradery.. Just throwing out a thought.

Quick Reply: Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?