Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Racoon Vs. G37s @70mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Racoon Vs. G37s @70mph

Driving home last night on I-95 cruise set on 70.. I saw a large object in my lane so I started to move over to the other lane. All of a sudden I figured out it was a raccoon and it decided to run straight into the lane i had just changed into.. I couldn't have swerved I woulda ended up into a wall.. Then the impact happened, I thought I had just ran it over until I got home.. When I looked at my car I freaked out! What does a new S bumper cost?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Ryan D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that'll buff right out
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM
xref

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New front bumper cover is about $310 + cost of having it painted & installed.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
xlack
Registered Member

insurance man... $100 if u have that as ur deductible
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Triple_X

damn that sucks...bad luck

is the raccoon OK?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 AM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by Triple_X
damn that sucks...bad luck

is the raccoon OK?
you know I felt really bad the whole way home that I ran over an animal.. It was the first time it ever happened to me.. But when I saw the car when I got home I didnt really care about that stupid thing anymore.. lol
Old 03-09-2010, 11:54 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
you know I felt really bad the whole way home that I ran over an animal.. It was the first time it ever happened to me.. But when I saw the car when I got home I didnt really care about that stupid thing anymore.. lol
Damn! Good luck with the repairs.

This stray puppy decided to run across the street this one night while on my way home, I tried to brake but my front passenger wheel ran over it. I felt bad the whole way home and felt so guilty I hosed down my wheel and passenger side when I got home. I guess I didn't want blood on my hands, or in this case blood on my car.

Trending Topics

Old 03-09-2010, 12:18 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Well since the damage is just the bumper, and if you're going to pay for the bumper out of pocket, maybe you could consider getting an aftermarket bumper like Top Secret or one of the other nice ones out there? Don't know how much of a modder you are.

Do you plan on doing thsi via insurance, or on your own?

Sorry about the damage. I like animals & nature and all, but the damage they cause to my car is admittedly more important than their well-being to me.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by myk1013
Damn! Good luck with the repairs.

This stray puppy decided to run across the street this one night while on my way home, I tried to brake but my front passenger wheel ran over it. I felt bad the whole way home and felt so guilty I hosed down my wheel and passenger side when I got home. I guess I didn't want blood on my hands, or in this case blood on my car.
yea, I wish i would have just ran over it.. this sucks!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 PM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Well since the damage is just the bumper, and if you're going to pay for the bumper out of pocket, maybe you could consider getting an aftermarket bumper like Top Secret or one of the other nice ones out there? Don't know how much of a modder you are.

Do you plan on doing thsi via insurance, or on your own?

Sorry about the damage. I like animals & nature and all, but the damage they cause to my car is admittedly more important than their well-being to me.

I dunno I haven't decided yet.. My deductibles are $500 so I will probably just pay cash to get it done.. It's a lease so I dont wanna put a kit on it.. I think I might get a stillen splitter though.. although with my luck it will happen again.. this will be the second time the front bumper was replaced on my car! ARGH both times weren't my fault!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Mysticalism

LMAO yea car > raccoon eh :P
Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Mysticalism

I dunno I haven't decided yet.. My deductibles are $500 so I will probably just pay cash to get it done.. It's a lease so I dont wanna put a kit on it.. I think I might get a stillen splitter though.. although with my luck it will happen again.. this will be the second time the front bumper was replaced on my car! ARGH both times weren't my fault!
if you get a splitter and this happens again, you might separate the raccoon's head and body
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by Mysticalism
if you get a splitter and this happens again, you might separate the raccoon's head and body

maybe i should put a cow catcher like the old steam trains used to have and just start taking revenge on all critters!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
burton08

haha o man that sucks, sorry to hear about your bumper. well the raccoon is in a better place now, and at least he died by getting ht by a nice car, and not some piece of sh*t car.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How much for the raccoon shipped to 95835?

That'll make a good stew.

Quick Reply: Racoon Vs. G37s @70mph