Sponsored By:

My Story, start to finish

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
It is a watered down Toyota with a Scion badge. They were specifically engineered towards a specific market. That market being people that wanted a Toyota but couldn't afford it and teenagers. Basically, Scions were MADE to be cheap.

You can't say that a Scion and a Lexus are the same quality level just because they are both made by Toyota. Materials and assembly lines are different. Most of the time they are made in completely different areas. Scions are more likely to be made in America where as Camrys are made in Japan.
American Camrys are mostly built in Georgetown, KY. All Scions are built in Japan.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
It is a watered down Toyota with a Scion badge. They were specifically engineered towards a specific market. That market being people that wanted a Toyota but couldn't afford it and teenagers. Basically, Scions were MADE to be cheap.

You can't say that a Scion and a Lexus are the same quality level just because they are both made by Toyota. Materials and assembly lines are different. Most of the time they are made in completely different areas. Scions are more likely to be made in America where as Camrys are made in Japan.
Toyota with a Scion badge.
And a Lexus is?....

They were specifically engineered towards a specific market.
That is correct; young drivers, not ones who can't afford a Toyota. Does "Yaris" ring a bell?

Scions are more likely to be made in America where as Camrys are made in Japan.
"It is better to be thought ignorant than open your mouth and remove all doubt".

You can't say that a Scion and a Lexus are the same quality level just because they are both made by Toyota.
They are. Can you say "cross-platform". Also, just like Nissan/Infiniti, Lexus also shares parts from the very same parts bin as Toyota.

Scions were MADE to be cheap.
I'm sure Toyota purposefully placed an inferior product on the market.

If you'd like to research any of your claims and post them I'd be the first to want to take a look at that, but something tells me that they are all baseless.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Motor25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
Motor, you got a Fit? I looked at those first and pretty in depth, but just couldn't do it. The car seemed too little and not enough protection, or power for me.
Sure did.

I was looking at the Fit and the xB. I chose the Fit in the end because of way better fuel economy.

I love my new Fit, it's so damn practical.

myke
Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Heat just doesn't know what she's talking about. A Scion isn't a watered down Toyota, it is a Toyota, the motor is the Camry 4 banger, same one, I'm sure they share similar platforms with the Matrix and Corolla.

BB is right, the reason I'm still driving a Prius rental is because my White xB hadn't arrived yet, it was on a boat coming from Japan. Obviously, the ship has docked by now since its either on a truck right now to the dealer, or will be for Mondays delivery.

Really, I just can't say anything more, because Coupe Daddy really said everything I just did. You need to seriously research some things before you just go opening your big mouth trying to sound knowledgeable.

Go install some more purple lights in your car!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Graham,

Sorry to hear about all your G troubles. Hope your next ride suits you. Thanks again for the Tanabe sound. Still lovin' it!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SEATOWNBOY
Graham,

Sorry to hear about all your G troubles. Hope your next ride suits you. Thanks again for the Tanabe sound. Still lovin' it!
Glad to her you're still enjoying it, I would have had to sell it anyways now since the car went back, glad it found a good home.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck with the new car Graham. At least you successfully lemoned out your car. Sounds like the process went relatively quick and smooth.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

My 2006 xB is almost 3 years old and has never been to the dealer for any warranty repairs whatsoever. Not once. It may look cheap, but even cheap is still reliable and trouble-free JAPAN.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 PM
infinate

Originally Posted by nogoodname
get another G graham, dont leave us
I'm with nogoodname, don't let a bad experience change your perspective in getting another car other than the G but who am i to tell you, get what you want, I'm just giving an opinion Seems like to me that you had really bad luck with that 08 but glad in the end you got reimbursed. Best of luck with your new vehicle!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Well I'm not leaving anywhere, I still enjoy the useless chatter around here. I'll get a MyG37 sticker for the xB.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
When you turned in the G................

You turned your ***** in with it.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Graham = Born-again virgin
Old 08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Lol
Old 08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Hey my perspective, I had a lease, which at the end I would either have to pay more to buy it, or pay X amount of overage in mileage. I was alloted 24k for the term, I already had 33k with 7-8 months left to go. So in the end, I basically returned the car, didn't have to pay mileage penalties and got my down payment back as if I put it down as a security deposit. So I don't see how this is a loosing situation. I checked when I went to the bathroom, and the boys are still intact down south. So all is good.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Graham
Premier Member

BTW David, you were basically talking to yourself there for a while. I think you need to get out a little more often.

Quick Reply: My Story, start to finish