Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Congrats on the downgrade.

Lol
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He is serious.

But good for you that it worked out and you found something that fits your needs. Whether it's another G or xB. (How's the safety standard in the xB? Crash rating?)

Only 1 thing though, you have to come to the next So Cal meet so we can check out the xB.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
He is serious.

But good for you that it worked out and you found something that fits your needs. Whether it's another G or xB. (How's the safety standard in the xB? Crash rating?)

Only 1 thing though, you have to come to the next So Cal meet so we can check out the xB.
Lol...I'll show up, the one nice thing about xB's are the mods are cheap. I'll do a couple things to make it look nicer, but I don't want to drift into that rice realm. So simple and done is the technique. I'm supposed to pick it up on Friday, and I set an appointment with X'lnt for Saturday. BTW, yes I'm driving from Thousand Oaks back to Orange County for tint, X'Lnt has done all of my cars since I've started driving and they do the best work around.

As for the crash test ratings, it got all 4 and 5 stars I believe, it stacked up comparably to the Honda Civic for rating, which is in my mind the most basic commuter car on the market, but the xB has more power, 4 disc brakes, the projector headlamps, and doesn't look like every other car on the road. If you knew my personality you'd see it fits.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Sorry to hear about your experience with the G. I hope everything goes well with the new ride. I myself would have went with a honda Fit.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Sorry to hear about your experience with the G. I hope everything goes well with the new ride. I myself would have went with a honda Fit.
Yeah, me too, until I drove one. Have you driven a Fit? There isn't much car there.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Mike P

Sorry for your G experience. At least you got your money back so you buy a new car. What if they did not give you the value you needed for the G. You should thank Inifiniti for giving you a good price for your lemon. Too bad on the replacement, oh to be a teenager. The mods are cheap. What kind of reason is that? Even modded the xB is fugly.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by Heat
Sorry to hear about that Graham. Sadly, I wish something that fortunate would happen to me so I can get a 6MT G37. However, I haven't had the CEL light come on even once even though I race A LOT!
RICER!... lol, congrats graham. I wish my CEL would come on a million times so I can get a nice check from infiniti so I can upgrade to something sicker.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by Graham
Yeah, me too, until I drove one. Have you driven a Fit? There isn't much car there.
Aw, really? One of my buddies told me it uses civic si-like vtec.. that should make it fun. did you wring it out?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Aw, really? One of my buddies told me it uses civic si-like vtec.. that should make it fun. did you wring it out?
I drove one around, it didn't take long to figure out the car wouldn't work for me. It literally need like more sheet metal, you hear a bunch of road noise the engine struggles to get even that little car moving. You buddy is incorrect, the fit only comes with a 1.5 liter NA engine. The SI is like a 2.4 or 2.2, something like that. Definitely not the same power plant. I looked at the Sport, which has cool flip paddles for shifting, but still the same tiny 1.5 L engine. I was really set on getting one, but I was greatly let down after the test drive and I actually fear for those driving Fit's down the highway with me, I heard all kinds of noise only doing about 50, it'd be almost unbearable and kind scary driving one as a daily driver, which is what they are intended for.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike P
Sorry for your G experience. At least you got your money back so you buy a new car. What if they did not give you the value you needed for the G. You should thank Inifiniti for giving you a good price for your lemon. Too bad on the replacement, oh to be a teenager. The mods are cheap. What kind of reason is that? Even modded the xB is fugly.

USUALLY how a repurchase works (Graham's repurchase was the same way my Toyota Solara repurchase was (it sounds like)) is that the arbitrator/manufacturer will take the mileage at which the problem first happened and figure the price from there. So, lets say the problem on the car started at 4,000 miles and a repurchase was granted, you would (should) be reimbursed everything except the 4,000 miles that you drove the car before the problem started occurring. With my Toyota repurchase, my problem started happening with 246 miles on the odometer, so when my deal was all said and done (3 years later), I got back everything except 246 miles of depreciation. I hope to NEVER have to do that again. Its not as easy of a process as everyone thinks it is. Its VERY time consuming and lenghty, but a victory is always good.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NotUrG
USUALLY how a repurchase works (Graham's repurchase was the same way my Toyota Solara repurchase was (it sounds like)) is that the arbitrator/manufacturer will take the mileage at which the problem first happened and figure the price from there. So, lets say the problem on the car started at 4,000 miles and a repurchase was granted, you would (should) be reimbursed everything except the 4,000 miles that you drove the car before the problem started occurring. With my Toyota repurchase, my problem started happening with 246 miles on the odometer, so when my deal was all said and done (3 years later), I got back everything except 246 miles of depreciation. I hope to NEVER have to do that again. Its not as easy of a process as everyone thinks it is. Its VERY time consuming and lenghty, but a victory is always good.
Oh yeah it was a P.I.T.A., but once I got the final decision, I wanted to leave work and go celebrate.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Graham
Premier Member

My terms were different, I only asked for the repurchase and my down payment back. Thats why they didn't use and depreciation factors, or resonable use overages.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:33 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Graham
My terms were different, I only asked for the repurchase and my down payment back. Thats why they didn't use and depreciation factors, or resonable use overages.
Nice! I had to fight hard to get full repurchase plus all interest on the loan (minus 246 miles), but it was definately worth it in the end.

Have fun with the XB- hopefully ZERO issues with it.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by Triple_X
file a claim stating you had your bumper painted 9 times and it STILL doesn't match.
LOL!

I think the xB would look pretty nice in white. I think you should do a black and white theme so it looks like a panda bear
Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Best of luck, Graham. Glad it worked out okay in the end.

Quick Reply: My Story, start to finish