Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G wrecked

I really didn't have time to post this the past couple of days cause I've been busy, but I was in an accident. I was on the Van Wyck expressway and this lady about in here late 60's cuts me off in the traffic without looking to see if I was coming up on her side and had a burnt out turn signal. Anyways she switches to the left lane out of no where and I'm driving up unaware of her switching lanes and then I here a big pfffffftttttt sound on the right of the front. It just happened so fast the airbag deployed I swerved and hit the cemet road divider on my left.

Luckily I was not hurt or burned by the airbag, and the lady wasn't hurt either but she was crying and saying how she doesn't deserve her liscence and everything. A very sweet old lady and didn't mean no harm. The important thing is that no one was hurt. When the police arrived they automatically declared it her fault and was issued a ticket for burned out turn signal and brake lights on top of it. My G was towed to a body shop to stay. The adjuster is coming there tomorrow hopefully. I had to make a trip down to my insurance agent in here in Flushing. The lady told me they will probably declare it totaled. Here is the damage from what I''ve seen:

Both headlights busted out
Both front fenders smashed
radiator destroyed
Laser cruise control box fell out in the road
front bumper and grill destroyed
motor mounts cracked
engine is pushed in a little
front airbag deployed
Engine bay frame is smashed in
hood is smashed too
and a whole bunch of cracked and smashed pipes
right front rim scratched to hell and pushed in

This is the first accident I have ever been in. So I'm not really familiar with exactly how the insurance handles it. I know this may sound dumb but yeah I did cry I love this car with everything and when I saw it in this condition out on the expressway like this I was like speechless. Past couple of days of been hard. I've been using my bike or one of my parents cars for commuting to work and school. I don't have pictures with me at the moment but hopefully I can get some up here. I got a long day ahead of me tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 AM
g-starnyc

damm sorry for the lost man
Old 05-29-2009, 12:34 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear you had to go through such an experience, thankfully everyone is okay. I remember when I got into my first major accident, the experience was highly disturbing for me and and it stayed with me for a while. I can still recall it very clearly and that was 9 years ago.

Hope everything will work out well for you!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:10 AM
BiskitG37

Sorry to hear abour your G. The most important thing is no one got hurt. It sounds like it was a pretty bad accident, but you can always replace your car.
First accidents do suck, especially when they're bad ones and you really love your car.....
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 AM
redshift1

Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
I really didn't have time to post this the past couple of days cause I've been busy, but I was in an accident. I was on the Van Wyck expressway and this lady about in here late 60's cuts me off in the traffic without looking to see if I was coming up on her side and had a burnt out turn signal. Anyways she switches to the left lane out of no where and I'm driving up unaware of her switching lanes and then I here a big pfffffftttttt sound on the right of the front. It just happened so fast the airbag deployed I swerved and hit the cemet road divider on my left.

Luckily I was not hurt or burned by the airbag, and the lady wasn't hurt either but she was crying and saying how she doesn't deserve her liscence and everything. A very sweet old lady and didn't mean no harm. The important thing is that no one was hurt. When the police arrived they automatically declared it her fault and was issued a ticket for burned out turn signal and brake lights on top of it. My G was towed to a body shop to stay. The adjuster is coming there tomorrow hopefully. I had to make a trip down to my insurance agent in here in Flushing. The lady told me they will probably declare it totaled. Here is the damage from what I''ve seen:

Both headlights busted out
Both front fenders smashed
radiator destroyed
Laser cruise control box fell out in the road
front bumper and grill destroyed
motor mounts cracked
engine is pushed in a little
front airbag deployed
Engine bay frame is smashed in
hood is smashed too
and a whole bunch of cracked and smashed pipes
right front rim scratched to hell and pushed in

This is the first accident I have ever been in. So I'm not really familiar with exactly how the insurance handles it. I know this may sound dumb but yeah I did cry I love this car with everything and when I saw it in this condition out on the expressway like this I was like speechless. Past couple of days of been hard. I've been using my bike or one of my parents cars for commuting to work and school. I don't have pictures with me at the moment but hopefully I can get some up here. I got a long day ahead of me tomorrow.
Accidents are good learning experiences no matter who was at fault. How quick they happen is amazing, fortunately no one was injured. One serious accident can make you a safer driver for life.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 AM
zesus-G

Sorry about your accident man, NY is tough to navigate at times! Let me know if you have the front left wheel for sale, I am in need of one due to damaging mine. If your insurance lets you have it for parts or scrap or whatever, please let me know. Im in LI and BK all the time, and I live in central NJ, I would come get it no prob....Again sorry about your car, but thankfully you guys were not hurt. Plastic, metal, and rubber can be replaced.....Take care
Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 AM
JhonnyboyNYC
Banned

damn sry bro this happend to you g/l with everything hope you on a new G soon..
Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 AM
camer25

Damm that sucks man. Luckily everyone is ok. The G is a pretty safe car. First accidents are the worst especially when you love the car. I still remember my first from 15 years ago. Yea im a bit old.(32) I cried a bit myself. So don't feel dumb about that. Good luck with the insurance and hopefully you get another G. Sounds like its gonna be totaled considering the damages you listed. If your parting anything out. I'd be interested in the gt spec and maybe the berks.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At least we know they're generally safe cars too. Glad you're okay.

+1 on picking up any parts from the car. Let us know what they do with it.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 AM
AndrewDDS

Like everyone else, just be thankful that no one was hurt. I used to live out in Jersey, and anytime there's an accident in NY or NJ and no one is hurt, that's a blessing.

On a side-note, if you're allowed to part your car out, I'll buy your illuminated kick-plates!! PM me if it's totalled and you're interested.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Gyoza

Glad you are OK. The car is replaceable.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. As others have said, at least no one was hurt. Hopefully everything with the insurance will work out and you'll be back in a new G soon.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Honestly, pray it is totalled.

After an accident, no car is ever the same. There will always be problems for the life of the car and resale value goes down.

Best bet is to take the money, and start over
Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Achilles

Good that no one was hurt. Sorry to hear ur car is down for the count. From your description, it sounds totaled. Hope your insurance takes care of you.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Dang, these kind of threads make me sad. i hope everything works out in your favor.

Quick Reply: G wrecked