Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question for people who have children in the backseat of a G37S

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
BrZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for people who have children in the backseat of a G37S

Hey guys, Ive been monitoring this site for a couple of months now. I am a former 350z owner, I had the girl for almost five years but I had to get rid of it because I need rear seats.

I currently do not have any children but me and the little lady are planning on 1 within the next year or so.

My question is do any of you G37S owners have little children? If so are you able to place them and pull them out of the rear seats with ease? Is it a hassle?

I love the Z and the G, since I need rear seats why not opt for the next best thing,

Thanks in advance,
BrZ33
Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a baby sister and shes 6. getting in and out is a hassle because the seat is slow to move back and forth. i never had a baby seat in the back so i have no clue.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
cdebnil

My niece, who is five, has no problem with the G37. I taught her how to get out of her own (kind of a game for her) I have put my other niece who is 10 months in a baby seat in the back. It was a pain in the *** to get the seat belt buckled in once I got the seat in. If you leave the baby seat back there, you shouldn't have too big a problem.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a six year old and regularly have her in the back with a car seat. the only thing you need to careful of creasing your leather with the seat. put a towel under it to protect it. other than that, it's just fine. there is a little button on the seat that you press and it automatically moves the seat up. press it again and it moves it back to original position.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Pms1212

I think there are a few people here who have the car seats in the back seat. I'm sure you will get some responses for this. I can't give you any info due to my kids are 16 and above.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a cage fighting midget bodyguard that sits back there with no issues what so ever.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
PepsiGuru

My bratz are 15 and 13. They say its not that bad back there.

Getting in and out looks easy. I've never sat back there but it can't be that bad unless u can't bend your knees.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

I had two car seat back there, but now it's down to a booster and a car seat. at first it was a pain to get the little one in and out, but i got used to it. my girls are 2 & 3 and i'm 6'1". so it's kind of a bitch to squeeze back there, but hey i'm cool with it.

can't go fancy with the car seat like the Britax, cuz it won't fit. I had to shave off the corners of the car seat so it won't poke down to the leather and also will sit flush with the bucket seats

it's really tuff when the little one is sleeping, you just have hold them like a football until you can stand on your feet and hold the the correct way.

oh btw, i use the rubber pad that interlock with each other that they sell at toysrus to cushion my seats. it works really good.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:34 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

gotta tint your windows, the kids in the back gets fried with that open back window. it also doesn't ruin your game when driving next to chicks, so they don't see the child car seats.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:55 PM
peterbanks

I have a 3 year old and he sits in a Britax Roundabout front facing car seat. The Britax fits nicely in the back. He usually rides in Mom's car, but once a week or so I pick him up from school. I only put the car seat back there before I go get him. The seat goes on the passenger side.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I have a cage fighting midget bodyguard that sits back there with no issues what so ever.
LMAO!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^ your kid is 3 and is already attending grade school?

i don't have any kids sadly enough
Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
You should hire another one and they could have cage matches in the backseat, it would be awesome for long trips!

I've seen a couple G37s with babyseats and they said as long as you leave the seat in there, you're fine.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
AMCDeac

2 kids, ages 5 and 7. We have a minivan for the kids and family events. Ocassionally, I pick one of the kids up from school in the G37. They think it is fun.

This car would be horrible with an infant or two because it would be hard to get them in and out. Also, you car will be trashed with crumbs and kid stuff.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Originally Posted by peterbanks
I have a 3 year old and he sits in a Britax Roundabout front facing car seat. The Britax fits nicely in the back. He usually rides in Mom's car, but once a week or so I pick him up from school. I only put the car seat back there before I go get him. The seat goes on the passenger side.
we got a pair of Britax Marathon, I guess I can make it fit. but their heads would be inches from the back window.

For those who are currious about school, it's a daycare with preschool curriculum. so we just call it school.

Quick Reply: Question for people who have children in the backseat of a G37S