Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 AM
BrZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys!

They are greatly appreciated!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to be a downer or anything, but I do remember UNV-IT posting on the forum earlier about the dangers of having people in the back seat. If I recall correctly, he had a bad experience where someone died back there in an accident (thread here). He stressed that you should avoid having people in the back seat if possible since it's not very safe there, particularly for cars like ours. I know when I have kids some day, I don't plan on having this car (probably get a sedan instead...i'm starting to see how having a coupe can be pretty inconvenient).
Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I have a cage fighting midget bodyguard that sits back there with no issues what so ever.
jesus, you too? when i bought mine, they said it was a one-of-a-kind
Old 07-27-2008, 11:20 AM
dean2900

Originally Posted by BrZ33
Hey guys, Ive been monitoring this site for a couple of months now. I am a former 350z owner, I had the girl for almost five years but I had to get rid of it because I need rear seats.

I currently do not have any children but me and the little lady are planning on 1 within the next year or so.

My question is do any of you G37S owners have little children? If so are you able to place them and pull them out of the rear seats with ease? Is it a hassle?

I love the Z and the G, since I need rear seats why not opt for the next best thing,

Thanks in advance,
BrZ33
I had always had 2 seaters until my wife became pregnant 5 years ago. I then bought sporty cars with the backseats.

My son is four and he has zero trouble getting in and out of the G37 and he loves riding in the car. He just pushes the button on the front seat to move it up and he gets in. When are using one of the seats where he actually uses the car seatbelt. He has plenty of room and my my wife is not cramped up front.

I did buy a RX-8 for when my son was younger because it has the suicide doors which made it easy for us to put our son it before he was oldest enough to get himself buckled in.

I dont see any issue with getting younger childern in the back of the G but you will just have to push the button to move the front seats up. The G does have the safety latches as all all cars do.

Dean
Old 07-27-2008, 11:52 AM
mal_TX

Here's a pic of my g37 with a britax marathon and a radian65:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showpos...55&postcount=3

The radian65 doesn't have that big plastic base under it, so I really like that my (then 5-yr old) son's head isn't 1" from the glass like it was with the Britax marathon. He was actually bumping his head on the glass while climbing into the seat. No problem at all with the radian.

So, I suggest considering taking a look at the Radian if height is an issue.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by thexfactor
jesus, you too? when i bought mine, they said it was a one-of-a-kind
Nah its a standard feature.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:02 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow Kidcane, I didn't know you got Blackjack to wear that. He said he was making some extra money on the side to get mods for the car/bike but I didn't know it was doing this...
Old 07-27-2008, 03:45 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

^^^^^ as far as the kids in the back goes im 20 and my nephews are 10 and 6 and just sit in the seats with no booster or anything and they have learned how to slide the front seats front and back to get in and they do it with ease and love the car...i told them its faster then a ferrari lmaoo
Old 07-27-2008, 03:50 PM
MMC Racing

There is no question a 4 door car is easier when it comes to babies. If you don't mind the extra time and effort to get them out of a coupe (any coupe), then the G will work out fine.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:20 PM
prutkows

i had my ex girlfriend back there once (because my dad was in town and theres no way he would fit in the back seat) and shes 5'9". she said the only problem was if we went over a speed bump her head would hit the rear glass.

so i'm sure you'll have no problem fitting kids back there.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
jinu123nyc

this might not help but I've been in the back myself (5'10") and the only complaint is the rear window. but i would assume kids are not that tall today...right?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM
mal_TX

True, if the kid is big enough and the adult belts fit properly (lap belt lies across the thighs/legs and the shoulder belt intersects between their neck and shoulder) then they don't need any booster or anything.

Age 10 I can believe, but at age 6 that would take one pretty oversized kid to be protected by the adult belts. Usually kids are 8 years old before adult belts are safe for them in a crash:

http://www.usa.safekids.org/tier3_cd...&folder_id=540

Last edited by mal_TX; 07-27-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:29 AM
dean2900

Just an FYI. I put back in a full size booster in my G37. I tried my 4 year old with the smaller booster seat where he uses the regular seatbelts but he did not do well with it. He is not quite old enough and would get out of the seatbelt at times. I just made sure to get one that matched th car!

Dean
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 AM
g37s0608

I always have a booster seat for my kid hidden away in the trunk. I don't know whether I've just gotten used to putting the car seat and my kid in the car seat on and off but somehow it doesn't seem like such a chore nowadays [compared to 2-3 years ago]

I've always had a 2+2 coupe never a sedan let alone an SUV or [heaven forbid] a minivan. It's always been a hassle getting my kid in and out of my cars [whatever they were so long as they were 2 doors].

However, I worry more about the "creases" the car seat could potentially leave on my leather seats, so I always remove the baby car seat whenever it is not in use.

My wife thinks I do it because I go cruising for hotties but really the above reason is why I take the car seat off....Its because I am a bit "****" about my car.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g37s0608
My wife thinks I do it because I go cruising for hotties but really the above reason is why I take the car seat off....Its because I am a bit "****" about my car.
I tell my wife that the child car seats ruin my game, that's why I needed my window tinted.

Quick Reply: Question for people who have children in the backseat of a G37S