Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Premium Package Without Moonroof?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:03 PM
abravenewworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Premium Package Without Moonroof?

Is it possible to order a premium package without moonroof option? If so how much would be taken off?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:08 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you cant take it off. well you could take it off but there is going to be a big **** hole on your roof. haha..
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah i don't think so what's wrong with the moonroof?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:18 PM
abravenewworld

I pretty much want everything in the premium package except the moonroof, I prefer a solid top

I suppose if it cant be taken off the premium package I won't complain, but wanted mostly just all the other premium features without it
Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I also didn’t want the moonroof as I never use it. To me, it only increases the noise level inside. Besides, we loose a bit of headroom with it. But I did want all the other features in the premium package so I <sigh> took it.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:27 PM
nogoodname
Banned

i have never seen a G37 with no moonroof...lol

do u not like looking at the moon?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The simple and direct answer to your question is no, it is impossible to get the premium package without the moonroof. They cannot be configured that way.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 PM
shiftz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's why I ended up with a G37 Journey with no premium package. My head hits the roof liner of a G37 with the moon roof.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by shiftz33
That's why I ended up with a G37 Journey with no premium package. My head hits the roof liner of a G37 with the moon roof.
How tall are you??

I'm 6'1" but I drive with the "gangsta" lean so no problem there.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
shiftz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm 6'2". But a lot of that height is because of a tall torso. I've had this problem with a lot of cars with moon/sun roof options. My wife's Thunderbird is a real problem for me to fit into. The soft top and/or hardtop on the Thunderbird is really low so I have to lean the seat back way back to fit.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

Originally Posted by abravenewworld
Is it possible to order a premium package without moonroof option? If so how much would be taken off?
EDIT: Wow, I just realized how long this is lol. Also, I am 6'2", and I have the moonroof. I have the seat as low as it goes and I definitely do not sit "gangsta," as myk1013 refers to, and I still have a bit of room between my head and the roof.

Every single G37 that is not custom ordered (as in they make it from scratch just for you--this takes forever) comes with the full premium package. The only option in the premium package that can come individually of the premium package is the moonroof (so you could custom order a car with only the moonroof). Theoretically, ordering a car with all of the options in the premium package except the moonroof (I don't see why you would, the moonroof is the only worthwhile thing in the premium package in my opinion) would be impossible because those options are not available independent from the entirety of the premium package.

Maybe, though, if you asked the dealer to see if they could do that, they might work something out. There's no way to know whether they would charge you more for picking out individual options rather than getting just the bundle (like other car companies that actually list every option in the packages as individual options), in which case it would probably actually cost more to get everything in the package other than the moonroof; or if they would just subtract a small amount of money (an amount that would be less than the moonroofs individual option invoice, which itself is less than $1000); or if they would just charge you the same price as the premium package. The only way to figure this out is by asking the dealership. Even if you managed to save a few hundred bucks, would it really be worth it to wait the few extra months? I think, though, you wouldn't get any discount from the price of just having the premium package, in which case you would be waiting a few months for nothing at all except not having a moonroof and maybe even paying more.

Unless you have moonroofophobia, even in the best case scenario that you save a few bucks it isn't really worth it. I was thinking about doing the opposite; I wanted only the moonroof and nothing else in the premium package. That would have actually saved me quite a bit more money than you might be able to, but since dealerships never order the car without the premium package I just decided to go with it. The features were nice, but I didn't think the other features were worth the extra $2000, but when I figured that not only was I getting the features for that money, but a few months and some of the money back in resale value, I decided those three things were worth the $2000. When it comes to resale value, the amount you will save on not getting a moonroof (if you're lucky) will probably be less than how much money you will lose in resale value by not having it; meaning that most likely no matter what, choosing not to have the moonroof will cost you more money in the long run. I may be wrong about that but that seems to be the most likely situation based on what I have seen and the advice my brother has given me on this very subject (he owns a used car business).

Last edited by soldier9599; 06-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im 5'11 and my head doesnt hit the top.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 PM
cdebnil

For BMW's lots of enthusiasts who took their cars to the track often petetioned BMWNA to offer a moonroof delete option because moonroofs make the car much less rigid and effect handling etc....I'm sure it's similar with the G37
Old 06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
J.Oh

6'3'' my head barely clears the roof if i were to "do"(Gel) my hair i need to lean all the way back to not hit it i do have the moonroof and i hate hitting my head so i've started to wear hats
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM
cdebnil

Also, not sure about not being able to get a moonroofless car without ordering...I just went to the closest dealership to my work and they had my G37 base sitting on the lot (no moonroof)...I didn't have to special order it.

Quick Reply: Premium Package Without Moonroof?