Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Coupe Concept & Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
N50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnymax
The full scale model is awesome. I think a few of you are too quick to judge. as an architecture/ automotive design student, i work with models every day, and just want to say that after analyzing the pic of the model with the coupe concept pics, they are identical. the clay model is decieving as it does not establish final details that are essential to the way that the car reads. the silver "polished aluminum" color chosen on the coupe concept accentuates the lines of the car and if one really looks into detail the size of specific portions of the car is identical just unfinished and sitting 3" off the ground which again decieves the fact that the car still retains the wide stance. the wheels on the model also do not help as they are not offset to be even with the fender. this is all my opinion though, cant wait to see some more process photos as this progresses. The details are truly what makes the coupe concept one of the best concept cars that i have ever seen. hope the real thing looks just as good
vinnymax, I hope your right. I'm no engineer so I probably don't know my *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to this. I can't wait until april when it's finally released in New York!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Blindside

that looks so sick man. could you do with 20" Racing Hart C4. thanks man...
Old 12-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Rampant

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
H O L Y C R A P
Not to ask for too much, but can you please do this in a larger scale with some Sevas S-55's ?

Also, how did you make this car black? Tried it for hours... just couldnt get it.

Sorry, I can't do any other wheels -- I just don't have the time. I am sure there are others who could do it though. Here is the large size:

As far as how I did it, there are many ways, but here is my 0:30 PS tutorial.

- start with base image
- create new folder/group above the image
- create a mask for the folder/group
- mask out the painted area (a layer red at 50% opacity which I later delete helps me to see the masked area easier)
- add a saturation level inside the masked folder/group and set the saturation to 0 to start with
- add a levels layer above the saturation layer
- add a new layer above that, fill it with desired color (i.e. black) and set style to "overlay"
- adjust or hide level layer as needed, depending on the color
- save

You will have to play around with the settings a bit until they make sense to you, but this is the best way I have found to have control over the tonality of the reflections in the paint.

If this still doesn't make sense, PM me and I will try to explain in greater detail.

Last edited by Rampant; 12-15-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:18 AM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
5-minute crappy job, didn't have a good angle of the S55's to cut
Attached Thumbnails Coupe Concept & Wheels-blkg35clgcv1-copy.jpg