NEED HELP G37 convertible is leaking water from top

Old 05-29-2015, 12:03 PM
aakhan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP G37 convertible is leaking water from top

I bought a g37 convertible 2009 in Feb of 2015 and I noticed water leaking from the roof. In the front it leaked by the tweeter area on both side and also in back. This is so frustrating and annoying. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from which was a Ford and they said its normal and then I went home and then after few weeks it keeps happing and I went to infiniti and they said it was water seal strips that causing it and cost was 1800 dollars. I told Ford and they end up paying for it.

Sooooo infiniti fixed the issue and a day after the replaced the weather strips it happens again with new strips. I took it back they had it for a week or two weeks. A week go by and starts to rain again and then it leaks again. This is the 3rd time back to infiniti and currently in the shop again.

Has anyone had this same issue with g37 convertible??????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:07 PM
aakhan1

So mad about buying this car. Owned it from Feb 2015 and its almost june and Its been in shop 90% of time and no fix yet.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:37 PM
miketyler
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2010 model and have yet to drive it in the rain. Now that you mention this I will test with water hose...cant believe this would be that expensive or hard to fix
Old 05-29-2015, 03:41 PM
aakhan1

Hey Miketyler please do. Its so expensive to fix and on top of that its really hard. I just went to infiniti and they said its ready. They mentioned that it hasnt leaked and I was like really ? This is the 5th after they replaced the whole weather strip. I bought car in feb and now its back in shop again. number 5!! smh so disappointed in this car
Old 05-29-2015, 03:43 PM
aakhan1

so now they are replacing the weater strip again with a new one. I spoke with the manager and she giving my car to master tech. So hopefully this car will be fix after the 5th time
Old 06-02-2015, 10:41 PM
jbosey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently purchased a 2009 G37S convertible and we have been in the rain as well as in high pressure car washes very often, and have not had a leak at all. A leaking roof is not normal and should not happen. Because of the possible expense of the hard top convertible system, I purchased the Infiniti Elite Protection Plan, you may want to look into this just in case. I hope you get this leaking stopped that has got to be a nightmare for you. The car is immensely fun to drive especially with the top down. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2015, 10:58 AM
_tjp_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has the Infiniti dealer ever mentioned anything about making adjustments to the way the roof sits or are they only looking at the seals? These tops are complicated and tricky. There are a lot of posts here from owners who had trouble with squeeking/rattling roofs where one dealership would be unable to resolve the issue, but when they brought the car to a different dealership, they were able to fix the problem. The roof appears to require some skill and knowledge from the repair technician. Apparently some dealerships lack this resource.
I have a 2012 and it is basically watertight. Under a high pressure car wash I get a very small dribble on both front windows under a seam on the rubber seal. But it's very minor.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:16 AM
crawdad8796

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2009 that I bought used, and it leaks in the same place as well. I treat the seals with Gummi Pflege and that seems to help temporarily. I had some questions about the top and learned that mine hadn't had a recall performed, and the dealer said it was no longer eligible to have it performed, and that I would cost me over $1000. I have a great local mechanic so I avoid the dealer and their $125/hr labor rate as much as possible. He is good and fair, but this is out of his league. I cross my fingers every time I open and close the top. I guess that's the price I pay to drive the best looking car in the universe.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:47 AM
p808

I have a leak (minor drip really)on driver side where roof meets windshield next to window in my 2009. I took it to the dealer and paid $150 to have a roof TCB performed. But it still leaks only when I drive, so its something to do with motion. Water tight other wise. I think I am going to have to live with it.

I agree with crawdad8796 Gummi Pfledge does seem to temporarily stop the issue. But for me only about 1week or two.

aakhan1 was the car ever in an accident? How was it allowed to leave the factory, then go through a 1st owner with this kind of leaking?

Good luck.

Last edited by p808; 06-27-2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: suck at grammar
Old 07-22-2015, 10:39 PM
zweetz32

water coming in that area can also be the window not going all the way up. I just looked at mine and on one side the window does not fully go all the way up to create a proper seal. There is a how-to which shows you how to adjust how far the window goes up. This should solve many of the tweeter area leaks.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:41 PM
rdog
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Window height

Originally Posted by zweetz32
water coming in that area can also be the window not going all the way up. I just looked at mine and on one side the window does not fully go all the way up to create a proper seal. There is a how-to which shows you how to adjust how far the window goes up. This should solve many of the tweeter area leaks.
Where can we find the how-to for adjusting the window height?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Also make sure infiniti checks that the drain holes are unplugged or not stopped up.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 AM
zweetz32

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ore-leaks.html
The following users liked this post:
rdog (08-10-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 04:50 PM
lashk
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aakhan1
I bought a g37 convertible 2009 in Feb of 2015 and I noticed water leaking from the roof. In the front it leaked by the tweeter area on both side and also in back. This is so frustrating and annoying. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from which was a Ford and they said its normal and then I went home and then after few weeks it keeps happing and I went to infiniti and they said it was water seal strips that causing it and cost was 1800 dollars. I told Ford and they end up paying for it.

Sooooo infiniti fixed the issue and a day after the replaced the weather strips it happens again with new strips. I took it back they had it for a week or two weeks. A week go by and starts to rain again and then it leaks again. This is the 3rd time back to infiniti and currently in the shop again.

Has anyone had this same issue with g37 convertible??????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what was the verdict? I just bought a 2009 and have the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed right?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Matt Bailey

I have a 2010 and it was leaking pretty good from both of the rear corners. Lots of people report leaks from the A pillar, anyone leaking in the rear?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEED HELP G37 convertible is leaking water from top