2009 Vert - top stuck/not working HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:16 PM
rrao88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Vert - top stuck/not working HELP!

Hey all,

I have an issue and I want to avoid paying for this out of pocket.

My top is closed right now, but the car isn't acknowledging that it is. I am getting a double beep after I turn my car off, which is the car telling me that there is a convertible issue. The issue began last week when I tried to close my top and it kept stalling. I had to turn the car off and back on a few times in order to finally close it.

The service guy at the dealer nearby (Infiniti of Oakland) tried to reset it, but he couldn't, and now he says that the car will need work. I am hesitant to pay for diagnosis and repairs that could cost me up to $1500 bucks.

I am at 66k miles so I am out of the bumper-bumper warranty, any suggestions on what to do??

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:23 PM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If there's a chance something you left in the trunk screwed something up, it's a comprehensive insurance claim.

Last week my wife left our Boxer in the running car while she went to the trunk and he stepped on the top down switch all while the wife had articles in the trunk. The rear tray went down on top of said articles and stopped.

I had to drive the car an hour to the dealer with the stupid beep going on but was relieved when they said we simply figured out which sensor was tripped and reversed the rear deck operation individually. They charged me $137 for an hour of labor and it took them 30 minutes. Fair deal to me.

I had already called State Farm the afternoon before but cancelled the claim when it ended up being so cheap.